Trick Flow top end engine kit, how much power would it produce?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol...yea, IMO I wouldnt spend a dime on any of that shit other than gears.

Once your blown a tb/plenum doesnt seem to do shit anyway

Lee12609

Reaction score
really, i've seen 20whp and 40rwtq gains from a plenum/throttle body on boosted 2v cars.

i kind of agree thought, once over 300whp is attained it seems like nothing is worth doing unless besides raising boost etc.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
really, i've seen 20whp and 40rwtq gains from a plenum/throttle body on boosted 2v cars.

i kind of agree thought, once over 300whp is attained it seems like nothing is worth doing unless besides raising boost etc.

I dunno, didnt seem to do shit for me.

I just feel like id rather just raise the boost or save for a bottom end so I can raise the boost more haha

Power adder> bolt ons

Lee12609

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Lee12609 said:

I dunno, didnt seem to do **** for me.

I just feel like id rather just raise the boost or save for a bottom end so I can raise the boost more haha

Power adder> bolt ons

exactly what i mean, when you're boosted the gains seem so small for the cost when you can spend under $100 on a pulley and gain so much more.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea, thats what im getting at.

10-20 hp just doesnt seem to matter at this point.

I have more problems gettin the power to the ground than anything

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
How much boost can my stock internals withstand? I plan on this car remaining my daily driver for a while, so I'm just looking for fun stuff basically. I don't plan on dragging it, but I would still want decent times if i decided to hit the strip occasionally. I would mostly be having fun and scrwing with the ricers who pull up by you on the freeway, so basically I guess from a dig it dont really matter but I want power when I stomp on it to pass or just to get that speed rush out of my system.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
army35m said:
How much boost can my stock internals withstand? I plan on this car remaining my daily driver for a while, so I'm just looking for fun stuff basically. I don't plan on dragging it, but I would still want decent times if i decided to hit the strip occasionally. I would mostly be having fun and scrwing with the ricers who pull up by you on the freeway, so basically I guess from a dig it dont really matter but I want power when I stomp on it to pass or just to get that speed rush out of my system.

8-10 non intercooled, 10-12 intercooled

thats the Most boost i would run

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
how reliable are those turbo set ups? They seem pretty cheap and as long as they are good then I'm for sure getting one. I also saw that it said for 99-04, is there any mods I'd have to do to make it work on my car since its a '97

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
army35m said:
how reliable are those turbo set ups? They seem pretty cheap and as long as they are good then I'm for sure getting one. I also saw that it said for 99-04, is there any mods I'd have to do to make it work on my car since its a '97

ive heard good things about them, though i would for sure upgrade to the master power brand turbo.
the only bad thing i have ever heard is the tubular headers on their kits for fox body stangs crack, but that shouldnt matter since the kit for the 2v gt reuses the stock manifolds.

you will have to change the location of the coil packs but thats it.
oh and you need (as the site states) a tubular k member, injectors, tune etc.

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
The kit said for 99-04 though, so what would I have to do to make this kit work on my car since its a '97? Whats the K member?

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
also what is the master power brand turbo? Is it the turbo itself?

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
Ok I did some research and I now know that the master power brand turbo is and I know what the K-member is too. A tune and injectors is common sense. Would I really need to tubular K-member or is this their way of trying to make more money or to just make the kit better since the car would be lighter. I rather not do the k-member if i dont need to since the k-member said it required the use of the coilovers included. My car is already lowered so I dont want to mess with that crap. So would I really need the tubular k-member and what would I have to do to make this kit fit my '97 since the kit says for 99-04

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
army35m said:
Ok I did some research and I now know that the master power brand turbo is and I know what the K-member is too. A tune and injectors is common sense. Would I really need to tubular K-member or is this their way of trying to make more money or to just make the kit better since the car would be lighter. I rather not do the k-member if i dont need to since the k-member said it required the use of the coilovers included. My car is already lowered so I dont want to mess with that crap. So would I really need the tubular k-member and what would I have to do to make this kit fit my '97 since the kit says for 99-04

you will need to relocate the coil packs, that is the only thing that you have to do to make it work for a 96-98.
the tubular k member is a must because of all of the piping that is associated with a turbo kit.

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
Yea I called the company today and they guy seemed really cool and he said to make it work on my auto i'd only have to cut the crossover pipe in the middle and weld and extension in then it should make it around my auto tranny. It's official that as long as these hold up and people say they are good then I'll surely be getting one. Which turbo unit should I get though the master power or the turbonetics? I know turbonetics maes some badass stuff but ive never heard of master power until now.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
turbonetics are alot more expensive but they are very reliable.

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
I'll probly go with the master power turbo. Do you know if they are any good? Do you think the guy was being truthful abou tonly have to extend the crossover pipe to make it work with my auto?

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
never had one so idk.

that is the only part of the kit that is anywhere near the trans so i would assume so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online