Trubble's Build Thread - NITROUS INSTALL!!!!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice bro.
That scotch tape doesn't know what's coming!

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Nice bro.
That scotch tape doesn't know what's coming!

I'm currently fighting with the damned intake studs so I can out the longer ones in. They are in so tight that I have to weld nuts onto them to get them off. . . lol

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
More pics . . final plate install!!

index.php

index.php

index.php

:naughty:

Reaction score
Might sound like a stupid question but here its is anyway.

Your intake has them black lines running to the runners whats that for? At first i thought it was a carbed intake set up for FI but they are too small for that. Plus I would guess by looking at your fogger plate the fuel and nos enters the motor through that.

Looking awesome as always can't wait for vids

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
MysteryMachine said:
Might sound like a stupid question but here its is anyway.

Your intake has them black lines running to the runners whats that for? At first i thought it was a carbed intake set up for FI but they are too small for that. Plus I would guess by looking at your fogger plate the fuel and nos enters the motor through that.

Looking awesome as always can't wait for vids

The black lines are fuel lines running to the injectors. It's a mechanical alcohol injection system called a Flying Toilet.

The NX system is a wet system, but only the fuel for the nitrous enters there.

Reaction score
ok so the big black thing on top is like a standard tb? Them black lines are "fuel". If its machanical then it like a carb with injs right? How does it get the fuel to the inj? and know how much to send to eack one? On the fogger it said fuel on one side and N2O on the other will you be running nos through both sides then?

A lot of stupid questions I know and nothing I'll ever probablly get into but just trying to learn some new stuff

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
MysteryMachine said:
ok so the big black thing on top is like a standard tb? Them black lines are "fuel". If its machanical then it like a carb with injs right? How does it get the fuel to the inj? and know how much to send to eack one? On the fogger it said fuel on one side and N2O on the other will you be running nos through both sides then?

A lot of stupid questions I know and nothing I'll ever probablly get into but just trying to learn some new stuff

I have the same question, don't feel stupid :)

also does the car even have a serpentine belt or is the spark made by a monster battery or what?

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
MysteryMachine said:

The black thing on top is the throttle body. It's 1400 CFM with a single butterfly. The mechanical fuel injection works on a crankshaft driven pump with a gog pulley. So, the fuel delivery is controlled by the engine's rpm. The fuel goes to a distribution block where it is distributed to the individual injector lines.

The plate is exactly how it looks. N2o on one side and fuel on the other. If you look carefully at the picture of the plate, you will see a total of four spray bars, two on the top and two on the bottom. One bar for N2o and one bar for fuel on the front and back of the plate. Fuel goes in on the passenger side and N2o goes in on the driver's side.

The nitrous system needs to have it's own fuel system so I don't screw up the fuel distribution of my manual injection system. I will be using an Aeromotive pump and regulator set to about 9 psi. Because my fuel cell is in the front fender, it will be pretty easy to plumb.

The bottle will where the passenger seat used to be and the whole system will be run on a time based progressive controller that will activate when I release the transbrake button.

realitygt said:
I have the same question, don't feel stupid :)

also does the car even have a serpentine belt or is the spark made by a monster battery or what?

Right now, the car has two belts. One for the fuel pump and one for the vaccuum pump. On motor, I didn't really need to run an alternator. And, I actually have two batteries in the trunk. But, with the added electrical demand of the nitrous system, I will have to put the alternator back in the car. I won't run it with a serpentine, though. I will either incorporate the alternator into the belt for the vaccuum pump, or I will put another pulley on the crankshaft mandrel to run the pump.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
WOW Tad :eek: That motor......nvm.... ::)

You talking about my mild little smallblock? :dunno:

Mike. said:
yahoo! :eek:uttahere:

^you ^everyone else

I actually usually yell "Yeeehaw" when I drive it . . . but I live in Arizona . . lol

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
I actually usually yell "Yeeehaw" when I drive it . . . but I live in Arizona . . lol

Hahaha, that's great. I am not sure what I would yell if I drove it probably something along those lines :hammer:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online