TTSaleen's Mach 1 Project - This time in Azure Blue!!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened on the pull. Sound like it shifted. You gonna be able to adjust the lockout on the converter??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
I was wondering what happened on the pull. Sound like it shifted. You gonna be able to adjust the lockout on the converter??
Yeah it was the lock-up function engaging which make it seem like it is shifting again! LOL.
I have tweaked the lockup some in the tune of the Quick6 but literally not had much time to drive/test as I only did a 35 mile cruise on the car the other day still trying to put some actual break-in miles on it. Haha.
I had to turn the idle up to about 1,100 rpms due to the torque converter. It really pulls the engine down when you put it into gear (did the same in my TTSaleen) but in this car it is worse and tries to cut off.
So I have to talk to Circle D this week and might be swapping this converter out for something else. Then I can drop the idle back down so it has more lope.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
I talked to Circle D yesterday, it appears I have a 5 disc lockup set of clutches in this converter - Model 38-15-05-3B.
They said it is possible those extra clutches are causing it to drag at idle and making it produce this problem. They recommended for this power level (1/2 of what I was making in the TTSaleen) to switch to a 3 disc lockup setup and this should fix my issue.
So the only problem is that means I have to pull the car back down and ship the converter off for the repair which is estimated 1 to 2 weeks turnaround.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ryan how’s it feel being back to a manual in the Mach??? Personally I prefer it in a street car but I know it can become a handful with a lot of power.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Ryan how’s it feel being back to a manual in the Mach??? Personally I prefer it in a street car but I know it can become a handful with a lot of power.

It's nice. I love it because the transmission/converter doesn't pull down the idle. Plus it makes it easier to navigate the car when cold.
My Terminator makes 700rwhp and is still a T56 and it's fun for street and track. The hardest part was finding a way to get it to consistently launch on a marginally prepped track. Using the 2 step just blew the tires off, so I had to walk the car out riding the clutch.
I plan to put a 2 step on the Mach and send it at the track very soon.

That mach1 is nice
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online