TTSaleen's Mach 1 Project - This time in Azure Blue!!!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
So this happened yesterday.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly. :headbang:
IMG_3836_zpsmbtkngbc.jpg

IMG_3837_zpsvfqhynma.jpg

IMG_3838_zpsvieav62m.jpg

Decided to put the Full-Tilt Boogie IRS into the Mach1. Dragged the Mach1 rear out and going to take it apart and build it up to handle some drag-strip action in the Cobra including 33 spline axles, C-clip eliminators, etc.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I could tell this would be the final decision! Now the best of both in both for the application!
But somehow I can't help but wonder if we'll eventually see the Cobra getting a turbo in the future.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
I could tell this would be the final decision! Now the best of both in both for the application!
But somehow I can't help but wonder if we'll eventually see the Cobra getting a turbo in the future.

I wouldn't rule it out, but for now I really like my TVS blower. Plus I hear that VMP is going to release a TVS-R version for the 03/04 Cobras so maybe I'll upgrade to that one.............
In all seriousness, my stock terminator engine is making plenty of power with the TVS and runs great.
If I were to do much more, I'd need to pull the engine and build it up to handle the extra stress of more boost (plus it has 90k miles on it). LOL!!!!!!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
The good news is the Mach1 is back on the road. I drove it last night, but sadly it was sleeting so only very MILD cruising down the road.
Alignment is way off due to all new bumpster arms (FTBR) and Camber bolts so I have an appointment setup for 8AM tomorrow to get that fixed.

I put the Cobra's Magnapack catback exhaust onto the Mach so it clears the IRS.....wowza does the Mach1 sound good now!!!!!! LOL!!!
Hope to drive it tomorrow after alignment and snap some pics/video.

Changes made -
Removed H&R super sport lowering springs from Mach1 and installed H&R race springs from Cobra onto it.
Removed Tokico blue shocks and installed the original Cobra Bilstein shocks.
Removed solid 8.8 rear and installed IRS that has the Full Tilt Boogie Racing bushing & bolt upgrades along with their bumpsteer arms/rods.
Removed Maganaflow standard exhaust for solid rear and replaced with Magnaflow Magnapack exhaust for IRS rear.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
The Mach1 handles really good with the IRS and I have enjoyed driving the last few days (even in the rain).

Plus the Magnapacks sound really good.............that reflection of them under the car tho!

IMG_1053_zpsx1ne2uj2.jpg

I also took my solid 8.8 and started disassembling it and dropped it off at Fastlane Motorsports for them to start the build.

IMG_1057_zpsbghyulny.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the timeslips once the built sra is under the cobra!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work man. Looks bad ass with the slicks on!!

joe65

Reaction score
i really like the blue machs. I had a deal going on one in Arizona last fall, was in the process of making a flight reservation to go pick it up and the guy texted me and said his brother wanted it, deal is off. I'm still mad about it, but really like seeing yours!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online