Update of my 4V swap, well sort of

voidfinger

Reaction score
scarface said:
congrats on the not totaled news :)

Yea tell me about it :) , i'm trying to get up with the body shop dude to send me some pics over email. so i can post them in the "its working out " thread. :) it looks totaly awsome. All it needs now is a 5speed/4v cobra motor and some 4.10's :) :) :)

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Theadictspunk said:
tell me... was the swap worth the money? opposed to keeping a 2v...?

I had a v6 to start off and it really didn't cost a lot of money. The most expense thing to date was the rims :) Next thing would be the xcal.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea man, any updates ? videos of it running or something? O and by the way, i got my car back... :) didn't total it out. Fixed it better than new with a new paint job :)

Not running yet but I have my suspension mounted so all I need to do now is just install the trans and wire the dam thing. Time is one thing that I haven't had of late. This is the first time I've been on here in about 1 month. Glad to hear that u got u car back. So are you going to do the 5.4 or the 4V?

voidfinger

Reaction score
waltnono said:
voidfinger said:
yea man, any updates ? videos of it running or something? O and by the way, i got my car back... :) didn't total it out. Fixed it better than new with a new paint job :)

Not running yet but I have my suspension mounted so all I need to do now is just install the trans and wire the dam thing. Time is one thing that I haven't had of late. This is the first time I've been on here in about 1 month. Glad to hear that u got u car back. So are you going to do the 5.4 or the 4V?

Lol , to be quite honest i don't have a clue. I would love to have the gut busting torque of the 5.4 and then i would also love to have the crazy hp and upgradeablitiy of the 4v.... i don't have a clue what i want to go with though. So right now i'm just fixng some pi heads that i got and i'm doing the pi headswap and i'm getting a 5 speed in a couple months and then as money comes avalible i'll make up my mind :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hey man, any updates on your car. I've decided that i'm going 4.6 4v and i have a 94-95 mark motor coming in :) should be nice. Just curiouse but do you still have that mark 8 intake still???? just wondering. Hit me up dude.

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yep very nice... I wonder if waltnono is comeing back
I'm back for a guess appearance :hammer:
Sorry but I don't have much to update. Void, I don't have the intake anymore :'(. I think it was about 1 month ago I saw a mark8 with that second gen intake. I'll drop by in the morning and see if its still there. Also you can use the throttle cable from that car and it will work on our mustang with that intake. I guess thats the only update that I've done. At this rate you'll have ur running be 4 mine void. :slap:

voidfinger

Reaction score
waltnono said:
voidfinger said:
Sorry but I don't have much to update. Void, I don't have the intake anymore :'(. I think it was about 1 month ago I saw a mark8 with that second gen intake. I'll drop by in the morning and see if its still there. Also you can use the throttle cable from that car and it will work on our mustang with that intake. I guess thats the only update that I've done. At this rate you'll have ur running be 4 mine void. :slap:

Lol naw don't say that... Couple questions though. Is the front dress the same on the mark 8 as the gt motors? will my accesories swap over? thanks

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
waltnono said:
voidfinger said:

Lol naw don't say that... Couple questions though. Is the front dress the same on the mark 8 as the gt motors? will my accesories swap over? thanks
Yup, for the 96 setup i have. Did you have coil packs or not?

voidfinger

Reaction score
waltnono said:
voidfinger said:
waltnono said:
voidfinger said:

Yup, for the 96 setup i have. Did you have coil packs or not?

yea i got coil packs on my car. O thats right your car was a v6.... i was thinking it was a 2v mod. I'm wondering if the acc. will switch over to the mark motor....

96sn95gt

Reaction score
hey are you using the stock headers off the mark eight cuz the driverside looks a lil diff?? thanks

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
DOLTON!!!! Shit son, your just down the road. Nice swap. I was debating on doing a 4V Mark 8 swap as well, but have moved my thoughts onto a 5.4L swap instead.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea so how is the swap coming along??? i want to see more pics and some video :bunny3:

STNG_96

Reaction score
waltnono said:
voidfinger said:
looks cool and hope it runs well. Do you live near the beach or something? that rust is getting bad dude. you might want to take steps for that IMHO. G luck

Nope but right here in the salt bucket of America, Illinois

What part of Illinois are you from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online