Updated 1/28/10: Stevens build up: Project Muscle car

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Stevens build up: Project Muscle car

lol I don't blame you. My cowl panel and alot of the original sheet metal is jam up, most likely from being inside for the last 20 years

96redgt

Reaction score

Sorry I couldn't make it today man. Maybe next weekend I could come over and help ya with it some. Hopefully it will warm up a little.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

No doubt. Your welcome to come hang out and mess around with it man lol

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Update

Did alot this weekend. I started school though, so things will slow, slightly, in terms of progress and money. However, I will keep on trucking and will probably get it done in the next 2 months or so.

Dad woke up and decided to tackle the other roll bar, so he got that cut out and grounded down. Looks good
IMG_2046.jpg

While he was grinding his heart out, I proceeded to assemble the factory wipers, and check out the cowl. Apparently someone took good care of it, even the factory upper donut was in tact and barely has any surface rust. I undercoated it and let it be. Car will HARDLY ever be in the rain.
IMG_2043.jpg

When I was putting it all back together, I noticed a little rust on the firewall/cowl/inner cowl seem. I started to chip away some seam sealer and found a nice long bit of surface rust. Ground it all off and undercoated the crap out of it. Looks better then a bunch of old gobbed up seam sealer anyway.
IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

Once he finally finished the part of the cage on the floor, I was able to scrape off all of the old dum dum and old insulation to under coat it all. Found alot of really nice metal under neath it thank god. This thing must have been in garages its whole life. Floors done

IMG_2047.jpg

Tonight I managed to finish putting the dash back together, and set in the wiring harness. Dad is in the midst of fiberglassing the heater box back together. I ordered a new firewall insulator pad, a few mouldings the cars missing, and heater core for it. I should have it all put together tommorow and maybe even have the headlights/tail lights working again. I also set in the drivers factory seat. It's ripped up, but I cleaned it up, and got the seat track working. It's saveable, just needs new padding and upholstery. Other then carpet and seat stuff, it should be ready to rock and roll tomorrow. I have a windsor longblock in my sights at the moment, and hope to secure that in the next week. May have it running sooner then I thought! Will be working on her alot tomorrow, so I'll update then.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Re: Updated 1/11/10: Stevens build up: Project Muscle car

Man looks good! Almost makes me want to pick up a older stang and start a little project! Keep it up.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Thanks. I love it. I still really miss my 95 GT that I traded, but I'm really starting to enjoy this old car. It's so simple to work on, and if its not right, cut it out, try it again

Witzy0070

Reaction score

Yeah, there's quite a bit of older Mustangs here in Spokane but I don't have a garage to store it in... Same poor story for my 95 GT

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

This puppy is jammed in the garage as it is. Everytime I work on it, I have to set stuff out under the car port, otherwise I'll be banging into the 65's pretty paint job, and that will get me beat up lol.

Witzy0070

Reaction score

Still have a garage! Lol, oh the evil things I could do to the 95 if I had one.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

For real, I have nothing. Garage > muddy driveway or my in teh aisle of the barn -.-

Coming along nicely, I saw where you said your dad wsa fiberglassing tyhe heater box, if that doesnt get it good enough, I'm pretttyyy sure heater boxs are pretty cheap on Mustang Plus. I THINK so at least. I was looking for a heater core and I'm pretty sure I noticed the box being fairly cheap... Iunno, just a heads up on something that might be true if repair doesn't work.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Thanks man. He's made a couple back and fixed them, this ones no different. Atleast we have all the pieces lol. It should be done tonight

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Got a good bit accomplished tonight. Firewall insulation in, wiring harness back in it, had to crimp all 16 wires that come through the firewall, plug everything up, chase bad wires, etc. But, I have headlights, dash lights, and tail lights. Courtesy lights fuse is not in it I believe. But I'm well on my way thankfully. Also got all my parts in, obviously. The heater box is coming back together, and the heater core I was sent was wrong, of course. It will be here tomorrow. Nevertheless I got quite a bit accomplished. From no wiring, to full wiring, the car is coming back together. The dash SHOULD be back together tomorrow night, from there I will take some worth while pictures. The only thing exciting today was having some factory lights working, nothing we haven't all seen before.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

that is a great looking car Steven.
Congrads and good work so far.
and since you're not doing a retromod like matt and I, you don't have to wait years to be done with it!!
keep up the good work.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score

Good starting point.. Have you thought about painting the factory hood scoop black? I think that is a real mean looking touch to these cars.
Also, do you know what the car originally came equiped with? (engine/trans)

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Thanks folks. I hope to have it rolling around this spring. I don't believe I'm to far off. I may also be picking up a 67 fairlane, my old car, and will have that to play with as well. It came factory with a 302 2v automatic. Super exciting I know. My other 70 fastback was a non mach one, 351c 4speed 9" car. It was a special order car only, super oddball to not be a mach but oh well. It's in Tennessee I believe.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I'm in Tennessee. Random fact of the day.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Schibby. Theres a mustang/race shop. Guy builds cars for American Iron X series. He has a fastback that he holds a record in. Nice guy, came all the way with a trailer to get it lol

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

After a long while of not updating this thread, I figure I'll grace everyone with my cars presence. Started college semester again, so it's like running into brick walls. Then my trucks been breaking/needing work so I haven't touched the car in a week, on top of the damn weather! Believe it or not I have got quite a bit done. Heres the pictures, I'll explain in a minute.
IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

Got the interior back together. Good enough for me. Mounted and wired up the ignition and tach. Need to do the fuel pump wiring and electric fan as well. Also pulled the axles and popped the hog head out to put in a 3.50 traction lock in place of the spool 4.56. Put on the mustang emblems on the back, and the front hood moulding. Still haven't come up with any wheels yet though.

Also took a quick pic of our shop and the muscle cars we have.

IMG_2054.jpg

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are they all yours?

Nice collection. I want more pics of the 64-66 I spy.

Glad to see the 70 is coming along.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Me and my old mans. The 65 is his, the 70 is a joint type of deal really. It's his, but he wants me to have it oneday. The 70 is mine for a fact. Thanks man. Have to take a rain check on the 65 pics, I need to take it out and get some good pictures. And the side windows are tinted yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online