For Sale Used H&R Race Springs and Tokico HP Blue Struts/Shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have some suspension stuffs for sale. They are used, pulled off my car. I installed them around Oct 2011. It's a track car, not a daily driver, so these suspension components have around 6 HPDE days (either 4 or 6, I don't remember), about 3 AutoX events, and about 5000 street miles. There should be a lot of life left in them. There was nothing wrong with them when I removed them from the car - I went to coilovers which is why these came off. They provided a pretty good ride - aggressive without being annoying.

Springs
H&R Race Springs, I used poly iso's on them when I installed them, so they never rubbed metal-to-metal against the spring perches. Overall, they are in great shape, with a few minor cosmetic blemishes (which I will point out in the pics). Included with the springs is the original pinion snubber (still sealed in the package) that came with the springs. Also included is a Maximum Motorsports front spring installation tool (link here) to help you get your springs in. I found it quite useful when I did the install. Search the American Muscle site for these springs to get more information on their specs.

Price:
Springs: SOLD

Weight: 41 lbs

Pics:

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

You can see where some of the paint has been scrapped off the top on the 2nd from the left spring by I don't know what:

IMG_1632.jpg

Some scuffing and abrasion on the pig tails of the rears, I'm guessing the iso that winds up the spring here either got some dirt in it or slid up the spring more than it was supposed to:

IMG_1633.jpg

Original H&R pinion snubber - I already had a MM one which is why this never got used:

IMG_1630.jpg

And the very useful MM front spring installation tool, directions included (which you can also download from their website):

IMG_1631.jpg

Struts/Shocks
Tokico HP Blue front struts and rear shocks. I did not use any impact tools on these when I installed them or removed them, so you don't have to worry about spun shafts or anything like that. Overall, they are in great shape but have some cosmetic blemishes (which I will point out in the pics). The front struts include the locknut on the shaft; the rear shocks include the top spacers and locknut on the shaft. Search the American Muscle site for these struts/shocks to get more information on their specs.

Price:
Struts & shocks: $300.00 (not including shipping).

Weight: 39 lbs

Pics:

IMG_1635.jpg
The top portion of the struts, with a little bit of surface rust on the right shaft:

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

The ears are are not bent or anything, though there is some paint missing (on both sides of the ears) from where the spindle bolts were tightened down:

IMG_1641.jpg

On the side of each strut some paint has been rubbed off from contact with the tires - I had pretty aggressive castor and the tires would rub a little when turned full lock; there is no structural damage:

IMG_1638.jpg

The tops of the rear shocks:

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

The ears with the rubber and sleeve intact:

IMG_1643.jpg

I had quad shocks installed at one point, which ended up contacting the shocks and rubbing paint off; I removed the quads when I upgraded my RLCA's, that's what happen to the paint here. There is slight surface rust (unlike the fronts, which had the tires to keep the rust off) - no structural damage:

IMG_1640.jpg

If you have any questions on either the springs or struts/shocks I will be happy to answer them.

Payment & Shipping
For payment I accept PayPal only. Regarding shipping, I haven't weighed them yet, but I'm willing to ship anywhere as long as you are willing to pay for the shipping. Local pick-up is fine with me as well. I'll update this post with weights so you can estimate your shipping. I will use whatever carrier you prefer, assuming they are locally available to me. I live in Orlando, FL so I imagine most shippers are available here somewhere. Let me know what carrier you want and I will price out the shipping and make sure you are okay with it. My policy with shipping is if it ends up costing less to ship than what you paid for, I will refund the cost to you. If it ends up costing more than what you paid, I will eat the cost.

Lastly, two people have already expressed interest in these items, so please bear with me if you are interested and I ask you wait a bit to see what the folks in front want to do. I will track your place in line on the basis of first come, first served.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Willing to separate shocks N struts?

Maybe. I'd rather sell them together if possible, but if the current folks fall through and no one else wants them, then yes :)

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Will do :) Do you want the struts or the shocks?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I love My H&R race springs, granted I am using 99-04 cobra Race springs that have a stiffer rate. They handle amazing.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love My H&R race springs, granted I am using 99-04 cobra Race springs that have a stiffer rate. They handle amazing.

I looked up both on AM, the ones I am selling are front: 750-850 lb/in, rear: 260-280 lb/in. The 99+ Cobras on AM are front: 750-850 lb/in, rear: 770 lb/in (because IRS). What's the difference? Besides IRS obviously.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
See unless you call the Manf I don't trust a lot of these places.

I've seen sites have them list from a 750-850 all the way up to a 900 lb spring rate and as low as 650, I'm gonna lean on the stiffer side. They feel a lot stiffer then anything I have ever run. They feel great.

The rears yes bc of the IRS... It all has to do with sprung mass, unsprung mass and shock Dampning.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I added shipping weight to both the springs and struts/shocks.

joshuaw3

Reaction score
If you sell the shocks to the one dude id be interested in the struts.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=9133]Tally_4.6[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18305]joshuaw3[/MENTION], I sent you guys PM's on the shocks/struts, please let me know if you are good with the prices (and shipping, if applicable) and want to do this thang! Thanks :)

keeno

Reaction score
Did I miss a price on just the struts and shocks?

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did I miss a price on just the struts and shocks?

Yah my bad about that, I typo'd it - I said "springs" again in the struts/shocks section. I fixed it now. $325 not including shipping.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Manatee-Face-bump.gif

Dropped the price on the springs to $130, and $300 for struts/shocks, or $400 takes all of it.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Can you PM me a price on just the struts? (If you are willing to separate)

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can you PM me a price on just the struts? (If you are willing to separate)

I prefer to sell both together. I have someone else interested in the shocks, if no one wants to buy these guys together, then I will split them up. I believe I PM'd you - don't think I got a response back. Let me know if I didn't PM you and I will do that.

PM sent on springs.

PM sent.

Torrbo916

Reaction score
I'm interested in shocks and struts. Pm me with best price with shipping to 48035.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online