V8POWA!'s not to exciting '96 Mustang GT thread

5point0

Reaction score
It came out really nice... did they use the same base color as factory did or did they use another color.. It came out really good, Cant wait till my lazer red is lazer red again.. :)

OP
OP
V

V8POWA!

Zip Tie Yo Azz for $2.12!!!
Reaction score
Gorgeous car! I knew my Laser Red paint was faded but ...man.....seeing yours makes me realize how bad it's gotten

Thank You! :)

Mine was repainted like 7 years or so ago and I've had the car about 2. Luckily it wasn't bad when I got it, so I just try to keep it looking clean and fresh!!

It came out really nice... did they use the same base color as factory did or did they use another color.. It came out really good, Cant wait till my lazer red is lazer red again.. :)

Yep! They factory color matched it to Ford Laser Red (E9)

WaylandC

Reaction score
I just saw your picture on American Muscle's Facebook page. You're car looks great man. I wish mine looked that good. I also like the look of this one with the wide, low stance and the Cervini Stalker Rear Bumper and exhaust tips.

http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f/25669367/m5lp_1001_03_+1994_mustang_gt_fr500+rear_view.jpg

Have you thought of doing a battery relocation to reduce weight in the front end? I've also heard that replacing the K-members and A-arms with tubular chrome moly can help to stiffen things up while reducing weight as well. UPR has a lot of products.

I don't know if you're interested in it yet because of the choices you're making regarding engine and drivetrain have you given thought to purchasing an aluminum or carbon fiber drive shaft? PSTDS.com - Precision Shaft Technologies quoted me at $499.99 a while back.

Darhawk

Reaction score
Just finished reading this thread...awesome, awesome, awesome.
You car is great and this was a fun read. The wheels look really good, since the new lugs and center caps. It sounds great as well.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

OP
OP
V

V8POWA!

Reaction score
Just finished reading this thread...awesome, awesome, awesome.
You car is great and this was a fun read. The wheels look really good, since the new lugs and center caps. It sounds great as well.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for the compliments man! I appreciate you checkin out my build!

man. i wonder how i missed this for so long.... lol.

great thread man!

it's ok it's only been a couple years....JK thanks Chris :)

OP
OP
V

V8POWA!

Reaction score
One clean car buddy

Thanks dude!! :D

Not really much of an update on the car......I haven't done anything to it and probably wont do much more at all for a while. There is just so many different things that need to be done, and I don't want to put anymore money into it right now.

There has been oil in my coolant for at least 6 months now, there's ticking coming from my trans so I think the torque converter is bad. Basically both the motor and trans will need to be rebuilt. Then the brakes need to be completely redone also, among with some other stuff.

On a good note, it was pretty cool that American Muscle posted my car on their facebook page!!!

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
dude I have been looking for your car as a reference point for my gt.....im going to lose sleep now lmao your car is absolutely beautiful. Seriously the exact setup I would have done. Totally inspiring to get my a$$ in gear and get mine even close to being done. Great work. :notworthy:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray176

Members online