Valve cover and Roller rockers clearance, how to:

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Well no ones mentioned that, [ :eek:] i wish you had earlier, thanks for the info, might see if they are available over here. :thumb:
Whats involved in swapping it?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'm using the tall Ford Racing chrome valve covers, and my passenger side cover had to be cut, and an aluminum flat plate welded in place to clear the alternator.

stang94X

Reaction score
i have the tall aluminum summit racing ones that are powder coated a silver/cast aluminum color and not one thing had to be cut or trimmed out to fit, just a hole drilled for the breather and that took about 10 mins to do and they only cost $129, and if you really wanted those spacers i wish you would have posted something sooner, i have a set that are already milled i would have sold to ya for half the price

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Never mind, and thanks anyway, shame no one else mentioned a smaller alternator sooner. ;)

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Well after lots of sizing up, and the possible messing around, and the fact standard covers are a weird shape, i have sent the alloy spacers back to Summit for credit, and in their place i bought MOR-68323 valve covers [moroso].
Very, very expensive at $419.39 per pair [yeh really :(] however they are made for the 94-95 engine, specifically fabricated to avoid the alternator.
I know there's cheaper that might do, or could do, or maybe do, but a 6G alternator is also an expensive alternative, plus wiring adapter and much lengthening of wires and soldering to get it together, plus the fitting.
This way i can get my car back on the road asap using all my standard stuff and the phenolic spacer, and i can guarantee it will all fit without tears. [or else]

Many thanks for all the input and advice, i never thought i would see the day where i should have bought all the stuff dependant on which valve covers fit. :)

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Yeh thats mega bucks in pounds too when you add shipping to the UK, and no i'm not a lottery winner.
Its my birthday present to myself, brought forward 5 weeks. ;)

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
I will have except those dweebs at summit have sent them USPS instead of fed-ex.
Instead of 2-3 days, it will be 2-3 weeks more lightly if our useless, lazy postal service dont lose it, obviously i got the deaf guy when i asked for Fed-Ex. :mad:

Anrev

Reaction score
So you got these....
68210_part.jpg

I got these for $60.
sum-g3322.jpg

Yes I have to modify them to clear the alt. AND I have to modify the intake elbow. It drops too much to fit over these. But the LH fit perfectly. But they will clear a stud girdle if I add one.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
His are different than that - they are fabbed aluminum.

Mine look similar to the ones on the bottom, and I just paid my fabricator $40 to modify them. :)

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Yeh nothing like those, well of course the drivers side fits perfectly, there's nothing there. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001