Weld Wheels On SN95's

94GT

Reaction score
Does anybody have some pictures of SN95's with weld wheels(draglites, pro stars etc.) on them? I've been leaning alot toward getting some welds. More than likely i'll get the draglites. Can't beat the bigs and littles! Post up. Thanks!

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Mmmmm Bogarts!!

closeupside.jpg

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I run Drag Lites at the track . . . on the back at least. Still haven't sprung for skinnies.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
The rims are 15x10 with 5.5" backspacing and the tires are 26x11.5x15 Hoosier QTPs. My wheel wells are trimmed and hammered from running 305/45/18 Nitto DRs . . and I have adjustable LCAs. So, I don't have any rubbing issues.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
ok thanks for the info. I have a set of 245/50 r16 Nitto DR's mounted on some 5 stars. I'm looking for more grip but a set that will not rub my fenders.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
An 8 pound sledge and a grinding wheel work wonders . . . ;)

Adam

Reaction score
The a arms on my car in these pics are Fox body style. With the stock ones, the skinnies stick out a mile. Like in the burnout pic.

Adam

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
The rims are 15x10 with 5.5" backspacing and the tires are 26x11.5x15 Hoosier QTPs. My wheel wells are trimmed and hammered from running 305/45/18 Nitto DRs . . and I have adjustable LCAs. So, I don't have any rubbing issues.

Hi Adam,
For a decent street application, what would you suggest? I like the idea of a 10" wide rim, but is it really necessary? I was actually thinking 8" in the back would be more subtle. And at the same time, maybe Weld XP's in 16".

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I drive on 9 inch rims for the street. Very "subtle" . . lol

Adam

Reaction score
FEAST SN95 JPN said:
TRUUBLE said:

Hi Adam,
For a decent street application, what would you suggest? I like the idea of a 10" wide rim, but is it really necessary? I was actually thinking 8" in the back would be more subtle. And at the same time, maybe Weld XP's in 16".

I ran 295/50/15's on the back in those pics with the street tires on the back on a 15x8" wheel. They would look even wider on a 15x10" wheel with 6.5" of backspacing. It all up to you. The XP's are expensive and VERY heavy, so I would shy away from them. they are about twice the weight and twice the money of a regular Draglite. If your looking at the XP's for brake clearance, a wheel spacer is much cheaper..... :)

Adam

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Adam said:
FEAST SN95 JPN said:
TRUUBLE said:

Hi Adam,

I ran 295/50/15's on the back in those pics with the street tires on the back on a 15x8" wheel. They would look even wider on a 15x10" wheel with 6.5" of backspacing. It all up to you. The XP's are expensive and VERY heavy, so I would shy away from them. they are about twice the weight and twice the money of a regular Draglite. If your looking at the XP's for brake clearance, a wheel spacer is much cheaper..... :)

Adam

Adam,

I think he got you and me mixed up. For future reference, the easiest way to tell us apart is that I have the faster car. ;D

Tad

Adam

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Adam said:
FEAST SN95 JPN said:
TRUUBLE said:

Hi Adam,

Adam

Adam,

I think he got you and me mixed up. For future reference, the easiest way to tell us apart is that I have the faster car. ;D

Tad

That and your 1970 technology under the hood. :eek:

Adam

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Adam said:
TRUUBLE said:
Adam said:
FEAST SN95 JPN said:
TRUUBLE said:

Hi Adam,

Adam

Adam,

Tad

That and your 1970 technology under the hood. :eek:

Adam

Pushrods RULE, DUDE!!!!!! lmao

Tad

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Adam,

I know you and FFW don't get along, but you really should try to get out here to Phoenix sometime. FFW ain't the only game in this town. You ever think about a Pacific Street Car Association race? Good excuse to go to Vegas!!

Adam

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Adam,

I know you and FFW don't get along, but you really should try to get out here to Phoenix sometime. FFW ain't the only game in this town. You ever think about a Pacific Street Car Association race? Good excuse to go to Vegas!!

I did a couple FFW events, they weren't that bad. I just feel more at home with the NMRA plus I know a lot of the racers. I used to live in Yuma back when I was a teenager. Long haul to run 1320'. Maybe someday if time/money permits, I'll come out there and trade some lies with you. 8)

Adam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online