Went to the Track yesterday. Updated

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Get some weight out of the car. Next Get some fox body 4 cylinder springs for the front. After that, run it and you should see your big change. Biggest spot to lose some weight is the rear of the car, ie trunk, spare ect and pull the rear seat. youll get ther !!

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Yeah its not a all out drag car though, so I dont wanna gut it, or put 4 cyl springs on it.. Im gonna lose the rear seat though.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
the 4cyl springs will help you launch but wont kill your streetability. hell even just yank the front swya bar.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I like the way my car sits though... arent the 4 cyl springs kinda high? The car is eventually gonna be more of a corner carver, so I kinda wanna keep it based around that.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
4cyl springs are a little longer but, they have a sfter spring rate so they sit a little lower actually.

This is my car on 4cyl springs
dsc01819ix.jpg

dsc01834n.jpg

and this is stock with 98 cobra wheels when i first got it...

detailcobrahowlb3.jpg

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
sleepn_sn95 said:
^Are the springs cut at all in those pics? All 4 corners?

Bottom pic is all stock.
Top pics are front stock 4cyl fox and rear stock sn95 cut 1 coil.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Nice times brad your getting there!!

Thanks duff for the pics i think i know what i'm doing and getting rid of my springs and doing just that except with the rear cut half a coil.

Lee12609

Reaction score
you should be shifting at 5200rpm a couple hundred either way is not a HUGE deal though. based on your 60' times alone you could have gone mid 14s (dropped .4 in 60' is right at .8 in the 1/4)....

i think you are doing good with what you are working with. not much else will help now until you get a GOOD tire under it, besides top end mods that will increase your powerband (pi intake/cams). gears might even hurt you without a good tire because you'll be way more likely to spin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online