went to track..

Proffitt95gt

Reaction score
i went to track last weekend. kinda disapointed me but not really cause its just a bolt on heavy a$$ convertible. my best times was
reaction - .6422
60ft - 2.21
330ft - 6.454
ET @ 594ft - 9.256
1/8ET - 9.879
1/8 mph - 72.25
1/4ET - 15.362
1/4 mph - 89.95

70mm tb, 1 inch tb spacer, bbk cai, stock h/c/i, ud pullies, msd coil, msd distributor cap, 9mm ford racing plug wires, bbk shorty headers, o/r x pipe, flowmasters, 3.55 gears, thats all i can think of. i didnt think it was to bad considering just a few bolt ons. that time was on 87 octane and the temp was around 80. i got a gt40 tubular intake and going to add on a set of pro comp aluminum heads(2.02in 1.60ex), tfs1 cam with 1.6 roller rockers. hopefully ill be in 13's. hopefully new h/c/i will lower that 60ft time to cause im gettin plenty of traction with the set of tires on my 17in cobras

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Why would a h/c/I package lower your 60'? A 2.2 60' is not "plenty of traction" ditch the street tires for the track

Inspector13

Reaction score
Right what would improve your 60' is suspension, sticky tires, and practice. My stock '03 Focus ZX3 would get down to a 2.0 60'.

Slykin

Reaction score
That's depressing.. I didn't think our verts were THAT slow :(. And I still have 3:08 gears.

OP
OP
P

Proffitt95gt

Reaction score
what im sayin is that it is gettin traction its just sluggish off the line.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
No. Your not getting traction. A 2.2 is pretty crappy to be blunt and honest. Your spinning and its probably b/c you are using street tires for the drag strip. Its not taking you 2.2 seconds to move 60 feet b/c your car is sluggish off the line, its b/c its spinning for at least 60 feet off the line.

With road course lowering springs ( not ideal for the drag strip ) Gears, MT drag Radials and road handling shocks/struts I was able to cut 1.7's. Once the car was set up for drag racing more and I started to use slicks I was cutting into the 1.6 range. I expect to be very low 1.6 or 1.5 when I'm able to get the car running again and I get back to the track.

OP
OP
P

Proffitt95gt

Reaction score
it is not spinning. its just sluggish as hell off the line. after about 30-40mph it picks up good.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah bc you stopped spinning lol. Ok never mind don't listen to us, just keep doing what you are doing. I guarantee you that after a h/c/I swap you will still be at 2.1 to 2.2 60'

The 60' time is a direct relation to your traction not acceleration.

OP
OP
P

Proffitt95gt

Reaction score
ok so ur tellin me a little moped with a 10hp motor will run a 2.2 60ft as long as its getting traction? im pretty sure i know if i would be spinnin or not

BIGDATOWN

Reaction score
Whover told you venom that 60' foot time is directly related to traction and not acceleration is a complete dumbass!! Case in point, my 95 mustang gt. Dead hooks with stop gears on et streets, best of a 2.0 60 ft and I dont leave soft on it. If you were at the track and watched him spin then thats the problem, but if he said it hooked then who the hell are you to say it spun. YOU WERE NOT THERE! Its dumb people like you that give WRONG advice!

To the OP, put a converter in the car and let it eat!

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
It's bc street tires don't hook they spin. If your getting a 2.0 with ET streets then your bogging. Stop being a sissy and give it some RPM's. Why are you telling him to put a converter on it, he never said it was an auto lol

BIGDATOWN

Reaction score
Because you cant launch very hard and have great traction on street tires with a stick without loads of skill or suspension. I put two and two together!

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
Venom351R said:
It's bc street tires don't hook they spin. If your getting a 2.0 with ET streets then your bogging. Stop being a sissy and give it some RPM's. Why are you telling him to put a converter on it, he never said it was an auto lol
venom let them sit and spin.
Rockin_Tunes_Music_Lights_Sit_n_Spin-resized200.jpg

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
First off lets get the e feelings out.

Second

A slow 60 ft time can be attributed to
1) lack of traction
2) lack of power, if the vehicle bogs off the line, it may not have been launched at the line, it may have dead hooked such as the oP said and bogged due to gear ratio or rpm range.

My car would dead hook from 5500 clutch drop, cut a 1.62 short BUT because the suspension was set up wrong, and I could have easily seen a 1.59.

Its in the suspension, and power range.

Good luck its a fun sport and welcome to it.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse but if anyone thinks that they are going to the track with street tires and cutting better then a 2.0 at any power level without some exceptional track prep or some quite sticky street tires then good luck. Have gun with the h/c/I package and even worse traction with the added power

OP
OP
P

Proffitt95gt

Reaction score
the trannys is a auto. and after i put on my h/c/i i prolly will need to upgrade suspension but on stock h/c/i with brand new 9-10in wide tires, just a few bolt on, sticky track, auto tranny, lack of power off the line, im not spinning, its hookin up quite well.
and thanks BIGDATOWN, you cut it right to the point. he wasnt there. and i'd know if my car was spinning or not.

OP
OP
P

Proffitt95gt

Reaction score
oh, and have you noticed how much heavier a convertible is? the more weight that shifts to the rear, the more traction.

BIGDATOWN

Reaction score
If your very worried about getting your current combo running great at the track. Put some 4.10 gears in the car, a GOOD stall converter, shift kit, and a dyno tune. Also remember lighter goes faster. Every 100lbs equals roughly 1 tenth of a second. All the things I listed will really wake your car up at the track.

OP
OP
P

Proffitt95gt

Reaction score
im not really worried about what it runs at the track. its a dd and i was just curious how big a diff it will make at the track before and after h/c/i

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.