What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ttocs,
I’m sure you know but I’m gonna remind you anyways... not to over-tighten header bolts. They torque at a surprisingly low number.
Hell for half of them I have to use my smallest wrench that is only 5" long that I don't know if I could tighten them up too much if I wanted to with that little sucker...

papac0rn

Reaction score
New weekend. New project. Have a leak around the valve covers. I am so glad this forum is here. Found previous posts that have me the courage to move forward. Pulled intake off and got the first cover off. Washing it with some Dawn now.
0838fd85074fe15f77684d13d7210507.jpg
12cd0770b033a0e6006b0b31dbf6710f.jpg
1b876c5420b99e62748fd35c83186925.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Nothing today as been waiting for the tons of snow that were forecast.

Lots of parts of the UK had some overnight and all day but here in North Hertfordshire I saw more snow in Cairo a few years ago in 48 degrees C...

So could have done something after all.

Meh!

TMW

joe65

Reaction score
IMG-1973.jpg
really like that look. you stole my idea of the grey color...lol..i'm thinking about using that color for my engine build everything i can get painted/coated that color with a bit black should look cool.

washed mine today. supposed to be cold for over a week starting Tuesday so i thought i'd wash it and take a for quick spin.

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 9257
really like that look. you stole my idea of the grey color...lol..i'm thinking about using that color for my engine build everything i can get painted/coated that color with a bit black should look cool.

washed mine today. supposed to be cold for over a week starting Tuesday so i thought i'd wash it and take a for quick spin.
So what I'm doing with these is hydrodip
With carbon fiber screen transparent
In a silverish so gray will show along with blue ford decal
That gray is the new ford gray
I'm going to do my short block in it for my cobra

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am stuck in a holding pattern on the T56 till my buddy with trans experience can help as he hurt his back. In the mean time I started on something I have been wanting to for a while, the subwoofer enclosure. This will be a complex 2 piece box that will use the spare tire well for space in the enclosure and I will need to put the two pieces together in the car. I decided to try a new technique for me called kerfing in which you make a straight board curved by making repeated cuts in it that do not go all the way through. The bottom portion will be fiberglassed and I could have done the entire piece with FB but I want to be sure where it will connect to the other part of the box is sturdy enough and will not flex and the kerfed board will do this a little better once the FG is inside of it.
EL4mbZF.jpg

07GtS197

Reaction score
Not an sn but I put a new radio in my 17 gt. I bought a navos unit off american muscle on sale and thought why not. It’s easier than swapping to sync 3 and comes with a warranty. Plus it’s pretty much a knockoff of sync 3 except I noticed a few things that I don’t like. It uses a seperate external mic, you cant use hands free anymore, my phone doesn’t update my cars location or predict where I’m going anymore and it takes a while for my music to start playing. Most of the complaints are petty but it is aftermarket so of course it isn’t going to work like factory. Also the instructions are terrible and leave out a few steps. Overall I’m happy with it. Sorry for such a crappy pic.
60ce487b4b1a7fc06ff4c1b80e7b51ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not an sn but I put a new radio in my 17 gt. I bought a navos unit off american muscle on sale and thought why not. It’s easier than swapping to sync 3 and comes with a warranty. Plus it’s pretty much a knockoff of sync 3 except I noticed a few things that I don’t like. It uses a seperate external mic, you cant use hands free anymore, my phone doesn’t update my cars location or predict where I’m going anymore and it takes a while for my music to start playing. Most of the complaints are petty but it is aftermarket so of course it isn’t going to work like factory. Also the instructions are terrible and leave out a few steps. Overall I’m happy with it. Sorry for such a crappy pic.
60ce487b4b1a7fc06ff4c1b80e7b51ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what did you not like about the stock deck then?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online