What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

wmfateam

Reaction score
Put a gallon of fuel in it and it started. First second it was loud, high idle and clangy. Second second it idled down and was smooth as Templeton Peck. For a junkyard Explorer motor and a car that had sat for 13 years, pretty darn happy. Have to install clamps on the radiator hoses, fill power steering and install shifter, but having the car running is such a relief. Might actually have it at the track before summer.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Remembered the spare wheel was no longer going to clear my Baer brakes so I got rid of that, the jack and tire iron out of the trunk. Also took off the hood prop since I installed the MRT hood struts. So some minor weight saving stuff. If anyone wants the spare stuff or hood prop let me know, otherwise it's just getting checked in the trash.

joemomma

Reaction score
Drove it to work after getting the alternator situation fixed. Turns out it was the fuse under the hood. Had I not seen the wiring schematic that was posted (thanks forum!) and found the Ford Factory Service Manual, I'd still be chasing my tail.

Also to note: the IAC restrictor plate helped a good bit with the hanging revs between shifts. It'll still do it a little if I really short shift it sometimes, but my basic thought is it is much improved.

badass98svt

Reaction score

Also to note: the IAC restrictor plate helped a good bit with the hanging revs between shifts. It'll still do it a little if I really short shift it sometimes, but my basic thought is it is much improved.
Keep us updated if it continues to work.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Needed to get around and finally replace the fuel tank on my Cobra (non-stang) due to a dent. Easy job getting it out, but when I removed it, there was a loud rattle when I moved it around. After taking the fill tube out, I looked in, moved the tank, then just laughed! It seemed my 35yr old tank got the sump dislodged and broke free of it's soldered or silver soldered factory job. The only thing remotely keeping it in place was the fuel pump, because it could only move as far as the pump would allow. Never heard the rattle, most likely due to the 4" sidepipes. :D

sump_rattle.jpg sump_free.jpg

Modified my new tank for sway bar clearance and straightened seam tab so it'll fit the chassis. Along with that, my Autometer gauge wasn't reading correctly so I checked that circuit, called Autometer and sent them the gauge and sender to check. Sender is fine, circuit fine, bench tested and sender at full read 3/4 tank. Installing new tank today and will drive without a gauge. Just have to remember how much fuel I put in. ;)

sway_locate.jpg

tank_sway_mod.jpg

weendoggy

Reaction score
Cobra back on the road with 9gal of fuel. Now just watch mileage so I don't run out until my gauge gets fixed. Damn this car is fun! :cool:

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I’ve been called up for jury duty 7 or 8 times now. I actually want to do it now, but for some reason every time I get impaneled one of the lawyers boots me. They don’t like me for some reason, yet they call me every 3 years like clockwork.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I’ve been called up for jury duty 7 or 8 times now. I actually want to do it now, but for some reason every time I get impaneled one of the lawyers boots me. They don’t like me for some reason, yet they call me every 3 years like clockwork.

Every time I get notified for selection, I always express gratitude and tell them they made the right choice in considering me: I can spot a guilty person instantly.

For some reason, they never follow up.

Call me Chief

Reaction score
Went for a drive with the top down. Just got this car 3 weeks ago and finally got it titled and registered. Stopped for gas and saw that the three screws that attach the top of the filler tube are missing. I never would have thought to look for that when buying a car. Bet I will look from now on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlmobile636

Members online