What did you do to your Mustang today

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
worked on my son's 04 v6 auto today between the rain storms. got the oil changed and made his oil catch can ( made from parts from Home Depot) and installed it today. still have to do the cooling system with new hoses and t stat. new front brake pads coming up also. have the parts, just need the car and some lack of rain for abit.

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
cage2.jpg

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
prior to the rain today, got the coolant system refreshed in the v6, along with new hoses, new radiator cap, cleaned the tank and a new 160 t-stat. cleaning that surface for the t-stat housing on the block side was a real fun deal with all the room there is to get scraper and stuff in there....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
prepped and painted another 25mm rear sway bar to go in my car to replace the 25 I put on my son's car. the 27mm I had put on mine was hitting the panhard bar and I couldn't get it far enough back to give it clearance. picked up another used 25 and this one is a tubular bar, so saved some weight.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
worked on my son's 04 v6 auto today between the rain storms. got the oil changed and made his oil catch can ( made from parts from Home Depot) and installed it today. still have to do the cooling system with new hoses and t stat. new front brake pads coming up also. have the parts, just need the car and some lack of rain for abit.
Can you make a list of catchcan parts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Not today , but installed new egr and egr valve solenoid, plus painted the egr tube cover and strut tower brace
13f0c178e443eefd3fb339c1e1c009fd.jpg

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
started with this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-Air-Compressor-Filter-HDA70403AV/100027474

then got, at home depot, (Or lowes sells this also I think...possibly different manufacturer, but the same deal) got the fittings for both ends there..1/4 x what ever the hose is...think is it 3/8 (maybe 5/8, but think it is 3/8) which I got the hose there also. then just made a bracket to mount it where I wanted it. you will need two screws for the bracket to bolt to the unit...not sure on the size of those, I just kept trying out of my bolt barrel until I found two. you may want to find those at home depot while you are there as well. I did that the first one I made which was much easier. I made my bracket for my son's car out of a plastic piece I had that was L shaped and drilled two holes in it. the one for my car, I got an L-shaped piece of aluminum at home depot and cut it the size I wanted then drilled the two holes to mount it. I used the tube from the car with the hose I bought. also, I always glue the valve at the bottom to keep it from leaking. then you just unscrew the container and empty it and screw it back on. I like it since I can always easily see how much is in it.

here is one I made for another car.

100_1917_zps8e91a405.jpg

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
started with this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4-in-Air-Compressor-Filter-HDA70403AV/100027474

then got, at home depot, (Or lowes sells this also I think...possibly different manufacturer, but the same deal) got the fittings for both ends there..1/4 x what ever the hose is...think is it 3/8 (maybe 5/8, but think it is 3/8) which I got the hose there also. then just made a bracket to mount it where I wanted it. you will need two screws for the bracket to bolt to the unit...not sure on the size of those, I just kept trying out of my bolt barrel until I found two. you may want to find those at home depot while you are there as well. I did that the first one I made which was much easier. I made my bracket for my son's car out of a plastic piece I had that was L shaped and drilled two holes in it. the one for my car, I got an L-shaped piece of aluminum at home depot and cut it the size I wanted then drilled the two holes to mount it. I used the tube from the car with the hose I bought. also, I always glue the valve at the bottom to keep it from leaking. then you just unscrew the container and empty it and screw it back on. I like it since I can always easily see how much is in it.

here is one I made for another car.

100_1917_zps8e91a405.jpg
Nice, thanks gonna give this a try asap

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
cool. let me know how it goes. I have had the same one I made about 4 years ago in my car with no issues.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
don't recall seeing that on there or on the new one. not sure why that would be on there since it really is made for water. I will look the next time my son's car is here but that will be in about 3 weeks. his still has a label on it. whatever was on mine is long gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online