What do you think? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zt1I7r-WCg check this car out same camshaft as mine . thats not small . i wouldnt aruge with what your saying if you had a clue as to what your talking about .
Overlap and duration can make a cam sound chunky or have a great lope, however, this does not make it an aggressive cam. Its not about what it does at idle, its about when it is designed to deliver most of your power after idle. Also, most tuners and hot rodders are more concerned with max lift and duration than they are about sounds which is where I believe the disconnect is.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't ever talk about my car being fast, unless we're talking about through turns.

However, as you said, none of this should have happened. Per your original post. I still say you'd be lucky to hit 300.

Quoting the summit site for a comp cam, let's just be serious. Even the stock replacement cams they say "great aggressive performance, anytime, anywhere"

It's a selling tactic at the end of the day.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well not really cause not everyone wants a lumpy camshaft. The reason for the summit racing link was to show it does indeed need a stall as for him saying any cam that doesnt is a small cam and that justifys this one does. My camshaft is labeled a muscle cam and has a nice aggressive lopey idle ( see my youtube video) and makes power just about all the way through. I like it and it sounds good are there bigger cams why YES! but this is what I wanted too big of a cam makes your car fall flat on its face out of the gate. Musturd im not concerned about it man honestly were both old enough to agree that the only way to prove either of us right or wrong is too race and find out and were too far apart to do so. You have a right to your opinion as do I .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd race you on the street my car can pull tires on the street this forum has a rude awakening this year coming

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
i would love to race you musturd honestly. Also I am very competitive about my car sometimes overly seeing all the time I have put into it and money as im sure you and everyone else here is as well and i guess it just struck me wrong when you said that cause It is known to be a bigger cam but definitely not the biggest . But i do apologize to you

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's equivalent to a b 303 not big at all

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
the cam linked was just an example . the cam is just a hydraulic flat tappet custom ground to a 280 duration and 480-lift and a 110 LSA.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Its close to the B. with flat tops and gt40p he should have a decent compression ratio. I don't know crap about carbs. But I don't see why every thinks its so weak..
i hear ya man I dont see why everyone is underestimating this. I showed visual proof from various sites about its power and aggressiveness.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
I didn't mean to be a dick . But don't call out a purpose built street warrior with out doing your homework
apology accepted man. my car was purposely built for racing purposes on the street . The ole green hornet done the homework and passed the finals . I would love to race you and hope I get too one day but until then the world will never know ol buddy ol pal. btw im bout to ditch these gt40p heads and grab a set of trickflow 2.02/1.60 63cc should pick up some good hp gain there I believe .

RichV

Reaction score
Wow jibber jabber in my dyno section. Save the drama for your llama.

#1 this thread has nothing to do with dyno
#2 once theres billy badass 'street racing' it don't belong, racing stays at race tracks that's why the 1st word in race track is 'race'

So this thread is going into the Lounge. So long, bon voyage.

Oh and 99GreenStang, if you get your ride dyno'd or run a 1/4 mile so you and Musturd can bench race post up the dyno or drag racing with the results. That's why the forums are here.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
No matter how much argueing takes place in this thread, no matter how many links get posted and no matter how many butts get hurt in the process...

You'll never see more than 250 rwhp OR break out of the high 12's [serious optimism] with that setup...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wow jibber jabber in my dyno section. Save the drama for your llama.

#1 this thread has nothing to do with dyno
#2 once theres billy badass 'street racing' it don't belong, racing stays at race tracks that's why the 1st word in race track is 'race'

So this thread is going into the Lounge. So long, bon voyage.

Oh and 99GreenStang, if you get your ride dyno'd or run a 1/4 mile so you and Musturd can bench race post up the dyno or drag racing with the results. That's why the forums are here.

Ill be be posting new slips as soon as the tracks open again .

95opal

Reaction score
Ok as most know I have a 99 new edge mustang original v6 car I swapped to a 308 carb. I'm just curious as to what you guys ' think" HP i may be producing here so heres my mods. 1974 COMET GT block , bored 40 over , flat top pistons , polished crank and race prepped bearings ( fit loose for higher revs without burning ) , Custom grind Cam 280 duration 480 lift , double row timing , gt40p heads with 600 lift springs and 1.6 rockers , weiand xcelerator intake , Demon Road Demon 625cfm Vac secondary carb , Shorty headers , MSD 6AL , MSD PRO BILLET DIZZY , 7.5 axle with stock 3.27 gears , running a 285-35-18 ? ( was running a 305-35-18) and a quick 1 bauhman electronics trans controller with the 4r70w trans . Any guesstimate to what kinda numbers you think I'm putting down at the crank and also at the wheel? just curious is all . thanks for reading

That cam is done making power by 5200...combine that with the weak 327 gear and auto your looking at a 13 time slip on a good day. The link to the ebay motor is useless and the hp claim is crank hp. You need to relax with all the bs.. you posted a thread asking for opinions, you got them didn't like them and went into a baby tantrum.... JFYI mustard would walk you without even hitting the juice. Now relax and take the constructive criticism and learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online