What I did yesterday *(NEW pics 8/12)

Bluextc

Reaction score
I wanted the taillights tinted, but am not allowed to spend money on the car, so unfortunately, I couldn't have Paul do them, so I did them myself. I tinted the taillights, side markers, and 3rd brakelight. The car is disgustingly dirty, so please ignore that, I'm stripping the wax and making a few other changes tomorrow, and re-waxing on Thursday, I'll put pics in after that of the other changes. But here are a couple quick pics from this morning (before my husband took my car to work :( I am having a heart attack having someone else drive it, but I am taking his to have the pulleys and shifter I bought him installed today).

I'm still trying to decide whether to clearcoat the taillights or leave them flat, I'm kinda liking them the way they are, but opinions on whether to clearcoat or not would be appreciated.

Before:

badgedelete.jpg

Now:

tintedlights001.jpg

tintedlights006.jpg

tintedlights005.jpg

S

scarface

Re: What I did yesterday (pics)

tat looks good Mel! I WOULD clear them if it was mine.

9psi 98

Reaction score

+1 Give them a few coats of clear. That will get rid of that "satin" finish you have going on. Looks good though O0

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score

They look great, nice work. I, too, would clear them.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I'd clear them, and now your gonna need some Black wheels 8)

9psi 98

Reaction score

DropTopPony said:

Black wheels, or get them refinished in their current color and just hit them with some smoked clearcoat to be different. They would always be dark until the sun hit them at just the right angle, the color would shine through on the sharp edges.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score

Thanks, guys! I think I will give them a coat or two of clear.

DropTopPony said:

I know, I wanted them anyway! But get this, I was looking at wheels the other night, and was planning on black bullits, but then I saw the black 95 Cobra R's, and liked them, too, so I asked the husband which ones he liked better and he said "what do you mean" I asked again and he said "what's the difference?", I said, "What do you mean, these are Bullits, and these are Cobra R's", and he said "they look the same", (Now I'm getting frustrated), I said "what do you mean they look the same, these are Bullitts, and these are Cobra R's?". He said "they look the same. They're both 5 spoke wheels" :mad: I think when I'm allowed to spend money again, I'm gonna get the black Bullitts.

spacemonkey said:
what did you use?I'd clear em to.

VHT Niteshadez (or however you spell it). Got it on ebay.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

blue x said:

DropTopPony said:

I know, I wanted them anyway! But get this, I was looking at wheels the other night, and was planning on black bullits, but then I saw the black 95 Cobra R's, and liked them, too, so I asked the husband which ones he liked better and he said "what do you mean" I asked again and he said "what's the difference?", I said, "What do you mean, these are Bullits, and these are Cobra R's", and he said "they look the same", (Now I'm getting frustrated), I said "what do you mean they look the same, these are Bullitts, and these are Cobra R's?". He said "they look the same. They're both 5 spoke wheels" :mad: I think when I'm allowed to spend money again, I'm gonna get the black Bullitts.

spacemonkey said:

Wow, LAME husband haha

Tails look good :thumb:

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score

blue x said:

I asked the husband which ones he liked better and he said "what do you mean" I asked again and he said "what's the difference?", I said, "What do you mean, these are Bullits, and these are Cobra R's", and he said "they look the same", (Now I'm getting frustrated), I said "what do you mean they look the same, these are Bullitts, and these are Cobra R's?". He said "they look the same. They're both 5 spoke wheels"

You married this guy on purpose?

P.S, clear the tailights. PM Paul and get as much info on it as possible before you do. Id tell you how I do cars but hes better at lights than me.

ripper

Reaction score

blue x said:

DropTopPony said:

spacemonkey said:

Its a ploy Melinda. He is trying to confuse you so you dont get either one. Ive used this approach myself on my wife and it does work. ^-^

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score

Stevo said:
blue x said:

DropTopPony said:

spacemonkey said:

Its a ploy Melinda. He is trying to confuse you so you dont get either one. Ive used this approach myself on my wife and it does work. ^-^

I am thinking this may be the case... lol.

4point6GT

Reaction score

looks good....when you gettin wheels ?

hey mel are you like the only woman on here ? knew bout maybe 1 other one but havent seen here active at all anymore.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score

4point6GT said:
looks good....when you gettin wheels ?

hey mel are you like the only woman on here ? knew bout maybe 1 other one but havent seen here active at all anymore.

Just ordered them about an hour ago!

And I think there is 1 more, she's got a Saleen.

4point6GT

Reaction score

wow, sounds hot......the car ;) haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online