What is really available and recomended for the 94-95s now?

Wichers123

Reaction score
Think of it like this do you want instant power from the hit and watch it fall off at the top or do you want the power to come in like turbo and have power build to the top.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Real world I want instant hit...will never be that far up to top end anyway...just playing with my chevy friends camaros & novas. Or a quick smash at freeway speeds to 85-90 ....I'm not a top end fan just the hard hit & acceleration

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I honestly can't decide. In reality any bump that they would offer would probably be good enough to make me giggle so not sure the extra price and bad looks of the procharger worth it although it would allow me to use the polished cobra intake I have been working on for a while now.

junk racing

Reaction score
i like my procharger other than the 6 rib setup which is fine on a street car with 12 psi or so. Now i have to upgrade to a bigger blower for my power goals

shoua50

Reaction score
Man!! Y all the bickering!! Anyway the standard biggest supercharger that will fit on the standard Vortech bracket for 95 and 95 5.0L is a YSi trim head unit. For this unit to fit you will have to grind some material off the bottom of the bracket to fit the bigger volute-snail shaped part of supercharger. You might even have to loosen the volute and turn the head unit in the angle u want it. The T shaped alternator bracket will have to b lengthened about 1/2 an inch or a little bit more. Over all you can't go wrong with either turbo or supercharger, easiest install will b a Kene Bell and for all the bickering POWER ADDERS RULE!!! PS bigger cubes is the same thing.

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
Theres a guy on corral that intercooled a kennybell in a 5.0 foxboby and had a good increase in power and a large drop in intake temps. He said that after the intercooler that the car was a whole new animal and that was with out changing the tune.

kris

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Theres a guy on corral that intercooled a kennybell in a 5.0 foxboby and had a good increase in power and a large drop in intake temps. He said that after the intercooler that the car was a whole new animal and that was with out changing the tune.

kris

yea ear one of the local guys to me did that , plain and simple I say no to the kb on a pushrod I walk all over my buddies kb push rod car

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
yea ear one of the local guys to me did that , plain and simple I say no to the kb on a pushrod I walk all over my buddies kb push rod car
Oh I agree just wanted to point that out incase he was interested in the kennybell and had read about the high intake temp that blower puts out. It can be helped thats all. I have a v3 and wouldn't trade it for a kb with money on top. Some people love those positive displacement blowers, but for me I love my centri.

kris

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Id love to have got a good deal on procharger system

im not usually one for powerdyne but apparently once the billet impeller and new belt like a fiberglass or kevlar reinforced apparently there pretty damn good.

95opal

Reaction score

Im with mustard kb + pushrod < centri + pushrod

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was ready to go buy a procharger but with the engine bay panels I just put it in will not fit. Probably going KB and put a shot of meth on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_sn95

Members online