What is the dumbest thing you ever did in/too your car?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ever have any good/bad stories of stuff you probably shouldn't have done in your car? I was just thinking about the time I got lucky enough to get away with a warning. It wasn't actually my car, but it was my buddies 95 convertible complete with 4 inch exhaust. I worked at an audio/security install shop that had an off site install bay. It was a pain in the ass getting customers cars to/from it but it did leave us with a HUGE ability to get away with murder since our boss never even stopped by the bay in the 2 yrs I worked there.... We had a Camaro scheduled for a large 2 day job only to find out that when we got to the store that he cleaned out a ditch with the car that weekend and had to cancel. Of course we didn't mind we told them that we would be at the bay waiting for them to call with an appointment. After stopping for breakfast(while on the clock) we decided that we would take a trip to our fav head shop. It was an hour north of us but hey, we didn't have anything to do! So we hop in the car and take off. Got too the shop and I bought a 2 stage bong, he bought a pipe. We were going to stop for lunch and then head back. We are just a few blocks from the head shop when I see a cop in my mirror. Well actually all I saw was the roof and lights on top because he was up my ass. I told jeramy that we were getting pulled over and to ditch the shit, so he threw his pipe in the center console. So we get pulled over and the cop comes up and asks for license/registration/insurance. Did I forget to mention that this friend of mine repaired and flipped cars regularly and it wasn't uncommon for his plate to be from the previous car he had and this was the case. Needless to say when he ran the plate, we were not in a 89 911 Porsche.... Oh and he had no insurance on it, hell there wasn't even a manual in the car..... So I pass him my license and about that time my coworker handed his license, and then his concealed weapons permit. This was just as much of a surprise for me as it was the cop as he asked where it was and then told neither of us to move till he took control of it. So then he comes back for the paperwork which I know is not in the car. I explained to him that it was a buddies car he was out of town and said I could borrow it. He said that is fine but the plate comes up invalid and he needed too see something... I told him that he was on the east coast, we could page him but otherwise we were screwed. He went back to the car for a few minutes. It was at this time we were wondering if the salesman would get us out of jail or if we needed to call our boss. We were completely sweating bullits when he came back and said that it was our lucky day as a high priority call came in and he had to leave. He passed my buddies glock back with the slide disassembled and said not to put it together till he was out of site, and that if we get pulled over on the way back home the car would be impounded and us arrested. He then complimented my buddy on how he announced his weapon, and then took off. we went and changed our shorts before driving the speed limit the whole way home....

Anyone got something better/dumber?:mad:

Sinned83

Reaction score
^ funny. I got nothing except a couple of smoke shows was caught once, deputy threatened to get me for about 8 things. He took my Info waited a while. He came back asked what kind of motor was in my dad's nova shot the s**t then let me go.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the dumbest thing I've done to my car is I got really pissed off at something when working on it so I threw a bolt i was holding and it ended up ricocheting off my door, left a nice dent. I see it every time I get into my car, it serves as a reminder to stay chill from now on no matter how pissed off i get.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I had some pretty bald tires and was messing with a cobra getting on the freeway and slid off the road barely missed a tree... started up and drove back onto the ramp.... got new tires the next day Lol.... almost cost me my car

The D3V

JSpaulding95

Reaction score
I drive a 2001 Bullitt GT and me and my friend, who drives a 2002 GT, we're going home from coffee and cars here in Houston. We were on the highway when all of the sudden the car in front of me changed lanes to his left, I then realized that he did that because the right lane was merging... I couldn't get over because there were a bunch of cars to my left and the part where the two-laned on ramp joined with the highway was coming up and there were a lot of cars on that on ramp. So I downshifted into 3rd and drove through that big open space between the highway and on ramp that has the stripped lines. I was going about a 100 around all these cars in this space where you're not supposed to drive but I was able to find a gap to get into a legitimate lane. I was so close from being squished between the cars on the highway and the cars coming on. I was sweating bullitts! Haha get it? Bullitts? ;)

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Start my gt on fire. Rip

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't we have any vids to show it? Wasn't someone not long ago showing a vid of them doing a brake stand/burn out till they caught their rear brakes on fire?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The stupidest thing I've ever done to my car was put green neon lights under my old V6 like eight years ago.... so gay. :deeplist:

Suspect

Reaction score
after messin with it I didnt shut the hood all the way. drove up the street.. get on it some..BAMMM!! hood smashes the windshield and puts a nice dent in the roof.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after messin with it I didnt shut the hood all the way. drove up the street.. get on it some..BAMMM!! hood smashes the windshield and puts a nice dent in the roof.

That does remind me of another story where it should have happened to me. car could not have been 2 yrs old and a buddy and I were playing around from stoplight to stoplight. Finally we got out onto the highway, still f'n with each other when my friend in the pass seat says "is the hood locked down?" No, no it wasn't but somehow at 70 mph the latch still held as I jammed on the brakes and pulled over immediately...

Suspect

Reaction score
Onyx.LOL.. I use to chuck tools in my yard.. then get more pissed cuz I couldnt find em. now I have a garage..so when i get pissed i say f@€k it m out. I close the doors, lock it up, and go inside and chill. save it for another day.

Suspect

Reaction score
That does remind me of another story where it should have happened to me. car could not have been 2 yrs old and a buddy and I were playing around from stoplight to stoplight. Finally we got out onto the highway, still f'n with each other when my friend in the pass seat says "is the hood locked down?" No, no it wasn't but somehow at 70 mph the latch still held as I jammed on the brakes and pulled over immediately...

lucky. I had the same cervinis hood at that time. $$ :(

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Onyx.LOL.. I use to chuck tools in my yard.. then get more pissed cuz I couldnt find em. now I have a garage..so when i get pissed i say f@€k it m out. I close the doors, lock it up, and go inside and chill. save it for another day.

yup, best thing is to just take a breather. sometimes you just want to finish it up though so it's tough.

chaos254

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of us have hood stories lol. I had gotten in a small fender bender and the hood would no longer latch. I thought it was a bright idea to use bungee cords since I was a broke college student. Well it lasted awhile, until I was driving down a windy back road and the hood came up on me. Scared the shit out of me!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

drake35

Reaction score
Burnout and the engine exploded. Was on a shitty car though :D

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Blew the struts...
My 06 GT, there was a road around el Paso that had a nice dip, you hit it around 100+ you get air...
I got a lot of air...then my stut blew, so you'd always hear a clunk.

Add insult to injury...
I figure hell yeah, upgrade time, perfect excuse right?
I go to the field.
I let my GF drop me off at work and to take care of the car while I'm gone.
5 hours later I get a text saying she just t boned an SUV.
Everyone was ok, no lawsuits or anything.
But my GT was totaled.

So getting air, and letting a woman drive (no disrespect to any ladies we have here)

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Blew the struts...
My 06 GT, there was a road around el Paso that had a nice dip, you hit it around 100+ you get air...
I got a lot of air...then my stut blew, so you'd always hear a clunk.

Add insult to injury...
I figure hell yeah, upgrade time, perfect excuse right?
I go to the field.
I let my GF drop me off at work and to take care of the car while I'm gone.
5 hours later I get a text saying she just t boned an SUV.
Everyone was ok, no lawsuits or anything.
But my GT was totaled.

So getting air, and letting a woman drive (no disrespect to any ladies we have here)

Jody was driving FYI

The D3V

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
LMAO^

If only, I could have actually taken my anger out on someone. That was a long 3 weeks, sneaking in calls to the insurance company trying to get everything handled...ugh lol
It's been almost a year, I still don't know how bad the damage was, still refuse to see the pictures.

punched281

Reaction score
Did a "cold air intake" on it.......... That led to turbo, cam, 3 motors and now a built 4.6 haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online