What to expect for track/ dyno?

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Track opens in about a month here, I'm eager to see what my car is going to run, and im sure in not too much time I am going to have it dyno'd as well.

Mods go as:
BBK SSI Intake upper and lower ( modified to fit 94-95), bbk high flow fuel rails, bbk power plus fuel pressure regulator, bbk cai, scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Trickflow Twisted wedge street heat heads, Trickflow stage 2 cam, trickflow pushrods, arp bolts/studs. bbk 70mm tb, bbk equal length cermanic headers, bbk hi flow catted H pipe, mac cat back, aluminum flywheel, aluminum drive shaft, 4.10 gears, sticky tires ( not drag radials, but road racing tires, hook pretty well). 30Lb fuel injectors, moates chip, Pro 5.0 short throw, king cobra clutch kit. Thats all I can think of at the moment.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Biggest factor will be driver and how you hook.

but it looks like it should have 12s in it

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
It has 12's in it but you wont see it with road racing tires.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
I have over 50 passes at the track between my mustang and trans am. The driver mod is certainly fine, and ive heated the tires up on the street and launched it with this set up. It hooked well.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
I have over 50 passes at the track between my mustang and trans am. The driver mod is certainly fine, and ive heated the tires up on the street and launched it with this set up. It hooked well.

hooking on the street and the track is as different as night and day. My Nitto DR's will hook in second on the street and spin all the way through third at the track, back before I found the love of slicks

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

hooking on the street and the track is as different as night and day. My Nitto DR's will hook in second on the street and spin all the way through third at the track, back before I found the love of slicks

I'd say the track you run at isn't prepped well then.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

Yes its a big diff track vs street but...

Yeah no offense, if you can drive and you do a good burn out in a burnout box, then you shouldnt spin that bad with sub 300rwhp and dr's, no offense its has to be bad track prep or you just cant drive, esp with 330rwhp, guys have 500rwhp cars with dr's and dont spin that bad esp when driven good. I can see your spinning like that with reg stree tires or them dr's with a 400-600rwhp car with bad prep, but dr's with sub 300rwhp sppinning all of 1st 2nd and 3rd thats a non no :nono:. I use my car for example 360rwhp reg pirelli 255 street tire and I will admit I have no drive mod, so all i do is spin 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
The OP does not have DR's he has road racing tires. He wont hook at the track.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Venom351R said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

prepped well enough to cut low 1.7's with road racing shocks/struts and springs.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
The OP does not have DR's he has road racing tires. He wont hook at the track.

yeah i missed that I thought he had drag radials lol he might want to invest into some dr's lol

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Venom351R said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

Any car with the right tire and rim size can hook well. And road racing shocks and struts are probably better then launching on stock stuff.

prepped well enough to cut low 1.7's with road racing shocks/struts and springs.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Any car with the right tire and rim size can hook well. And road racing shocks and struts are probably better then launching on stock stuff.

suspension is huge when it comes to launching. Stock stuff is just stock it does not road race well and it does not launch well and road racing components are meant to go around tracks. Drag stuff is all straight line. My shocks are not adjustable my springs are not set up for weight transfer, Im far from having a good launch set up. At least until this spring.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Ill say this now, its not the track prep EVERYONE seems to foget the Nitto 555R isnt a true Drag Radial, I was designed over 10 years ago!!! With slicks I cut 1.62's at the same track Venom351 runs at and I have less hp, less torque and spring out of a 79 Foxbody.... Its not always about the tire, alot more has to do with weight transfer then most people think.

You can have drag slicks and have a MISERABLE suspension and still not 60' worth a damn.

To the OP, just go out there and drivei t has hard as you can and have fun, dont chase a number before you get to the track until you make a few smooth passes. Get up there get focused. Get a list of things you want to do and then make your stage, hit your shifts and be smooth. Your times wll get better as you go more often, dont go with numbers we say.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
where did the OP go to?? hope this is not another case of what will I run/pull on the dyno then we never get any results.

Duff remember that guy last year that was planing on using slicks and cutting off half a second on his time lol, we need to bring that thread back :laughing4:

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Lol I haven't went anywhere and I've been a member here for quite some time, I'm not going to ditch. I'll post my numbers with pride, whether they be in the 12's or 14's( although I might cry a bit on the inside) haha.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
ok good just that some douche cut and run last year when myself and duff called him out on times he thought he was going to run. He said he was going to post times in the "spring" as of Oct we hadn't seen any times yet :laughing4:

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Yeah thats not me, I expect to be able to run 12's. But whatever I run, I will post the real time.