what would it take?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
Excusie me, me englisss not so good. you see my firend, I say, uh, how you say... stock eh, in home country, how you say, stock means uh, how you say, the way she come off wonderful Mr Ford assembly line, you see my friend?

I have never seen a stock fox hit a 13, ever, and I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you and how much awesome experience you have.

hahahahahahahaha :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

that was the funniest thing ive ever read in my life.....im still LOLing hahahahahahah

This thread is great...

I agree with JR on this...the average driver with a stock fox, with street tires, not cheater slicks...will run high 14s/low 15s.

JR is just saying that most people cant drive....

03/04 cobras on street tires frequently do 13.5+ cause the drivers cant hook and and cant drive

theres a kid who ran 14.1 n/a, now hes blown and makes 400+ rwhp, he ran a 14.3 on street tires...

You cant go anywhere if you cant hook even though stock 03/04s should be able to pull off high 12s/ low 13s

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
KansasCityGT said:
J.R. said:
Excusie me, me englisss not so good. you see my firend, I say, uh, how you say... stock eh, in home country, how you say, stock means uh, how you say, the way she come off wonderful Mr Ford assembly line, you see my friend?

I have never seen a stock fox hit a 13, ever, and I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you and how much awesome experience you have.
Evidentially your knowledge of Ford products isn't that great either champ, maybe you should brush up, sport. I did explain that my STOCK 95 ran a faster time than what you claim to be what Fox bodies run, isn't that right ace? Back peddling yet? Good. Maybe I should have put on my stock 13 year old tires for you, and that 13 year old oil, and air filter. Maybe thats STOCK enough for you killer. Then your right I would have ran slow, why because my tires would popped and my car would have exploded. I've seen stock foxes, run low 14's on street tires and high high 13's on dr's cheif. Next time I'll take video.

All hail J.R. king of all that is Ford with his EXTENSIVE career in racing stock fox bodies. Hey pal, just cause you drive a car like a retarded chimp doesn't mean everyone runs higher than 13.5's in an 03 cobra. I could leave traction control on and crisco my tires and still run a 13.5.

I don't claim fox bodies run jack, I state, they run high 14's, sport. I read just fine, after the first time I said it, you had a Fox with a Cam, upper/lower, blah blah whatever than ran 13.8's, so I was wrong... I re-stated stock again, you came up with a stock 95 that runs 14.6's, pretty much right in line with what it should be, nowhere near a 13 is it, slick? I re-state stock again, pal, and specifically tell you I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you about who has more experiece, and you come back like I said I have all this awesome experience, which in fact is what YOU are trying to claim..."I spent more on a mod motor than most will spend in there lives..."

A few select members actually know what my true experience is, you are not one of them. My experience, or yours isn't relevant to the topic at hand, sport. Fact's are relevant. And the fact is, your 13.8 fox, was not stock. The fact is, every single test from the days when they were new, shows them to be high 14/low 15 second cars stock. The point of the matter is, stock, stock, stock, stock... Am I getting through here? Not what they can do, not calling them junk, just a fact, they run high 14's stock, so settle down there Mr Wonderful.

I don't make claims to be Mr Awesome drag strip driver, and as a matter of fact, I beleive most people aren't. If you aren't drag racing to pay the bills, why would you want to get that caught up in it anyway? It's a hobby, not your life.

At any rate, if you can show proof of this mythical 13.xx STOCK Fox, I'll happily eat my words, and apologize, even though I haven't insulted you or called you a retarded one legged chimp or whatever it was... Until then, you telling me you run a fantastic time in everything you own, is sweet and all, but completely unrelated to the topic.

And one more note, coming in here out of the blue, with a chip on your shoulder and acting like an ass, really doesn't show you in the best light.

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
:hammer: :hammer: I think I need to sign out more often. I see you guys got the privilege of meeting my roommate. I'll be the first to say that he isn't a shitty driver. a 14.6 out of a stock 95 gt is very impressive. My stock GTs ran a 15.00. I know my car has had issues, so it's poor comparison. This is my opinion, I think a bone stock Fox body is very capable of running a mid to high 14. Can an average driver do that, I doubt it. Can a decent driver? I hope they can get into the 14s. Also, who's to say that there isn't a wild card of a car? That's always possible.

Now, back to the topic. If you want your GT to stay reliable and run low 13's. I'd Gear it, spray it, full exhaust "recommend long tubes" add some decent tires and call it a day.

02GT

Reaction score
Well before this thread gets locked......I'd like to contribute and ask a couple questions about my car. I got an 02 GT....obviously PI, with full bassani catback and a mac CAI. I'd like to think I can consistently run in the 13's or high 12's. What do you guys think? If I do full boltons and tune it I think maybe the 11's are possible? Any insight on this?

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
02GT said:
Well before this thread gets locked......I'd like to contribute and ask a couple questions about my car. I got an 02 GT....obviously PI, with full bassani catback and a mac CAI. I'd like to think I can consistently run in the 13's or high 12's. What do you guys think? If I do full boltons and tune it I think maybe the 11's are possible? Any insight on this?
Obviously there are many different routes to obtain 11s. Are you wanting to stay N/A?

02GT

Reaction score
My main goal for this car is to hit 320-330 rwhp and stay N/A with bolt ons and a tune. Is that possible? and if it is will that get me into the 11's?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
suspension is the key that nearly everyone overlooks. 300-320 n/a is realistic, but expensive, boost is probably cheaper overall and skips you ahead to more like 370.

You won't be able to run 11's in an average street car with 320 rwhp.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
+1 man

With your current setup I would say no better than mid 13s...

you will need some more work to get anywhere near 12s...gears/tires/suspension and good driving MIGHT get you there.

Your gonna need l/t, ported heads, and a nice set of cams, all tuned to get 300 whp n/a....and you wont get 11s with that without some spray

Just boost it and go from there

boosted, with suspension work you can get 11s

02GT

Reaction score
Well I'm on a college kid budget, with a girlfriend and paying for my own gas. So supercharging my car or anything major like that is almost undoable. Doing all the basic boltons with a good tune would probably get me to around 290 or 300 im assuming. I got a friend whos putting 267 to the wheels with a k&n cai and a borla catback with a good tune so getting up to 300 shouldnt be a stretch. But nitrous isnt an option either, I dont race all that often so it'd be a waste of money.

I'm just confused on the direction I want my car to go in. I want to build it cheaply, but I have no idea where to start.

If you were building an 02 gt with the mods I have currently, where would you take this car. If you were in my situation.

Keep in mind the car doesnt even have 5 thousand miles on it yet, so the car is barely broke in.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
02GT said:
My main goal for this car is to hit 320-330 rwhp and stay N/A with bolt ons and a tune. Is that possible? and if it is will that get me into the 11's?

02GT said:
Well I'm on a college kid budget, with a girlfriend and paying for my own gas. So supercharging my car or anything major like that is almost undoable. Doing all the basic boltons with a good tune would probably get me to around 290 or 300 im assuming. I got a friend whos putting 267 to the wheels with a k&n cai and a borla catback with a good tune so getting up to 300 shouldnt be a stretch. But nitrous isnt an option either, I dont race all that often so it'd be a waste of money.

I'm just confused on the direction I want my car to go in. I want to build it cheaply, but I have no idea where to start.

If you were building an 02 gt with the mods I have currently, where would you take this car. If you were in my situation.

Keep in mind the car doesnt even have 5 thousand miles on it yet, so the car is barely broke in.

Not gonna happen. You wanna run decent times at the track, it's gonna cost you. Doesn't matter what kind of car it is. You gotta pay to play.

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
Find a used turbo kit and put it on. Trust me, if you're wanting to save money, just do that. You won't have to touch anything else but a tune, fuel system, clutch. Get some suspension too.

02GT

Reaction score
I might have to do that, but I'll probably have to stick to just bolt ons and a tune and try for 300rwhp and then later down the road try for a power adder. With the car only having 5k on it, I got plenty of time.

Reaction score
KansasCityGT said:
Find a used turbo kit and put it on. Trust me, if you're wanting to save money, just do that. You won't have to touch anything else but a tune, fuel system, clutch. Get some suspension too.
totally off topic here but i just realized i bought erica(my gf/fiance) those exact underwear. look even better on her than in that pic :thumb:

continue on now, lol

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I dont know why you guy's ask if you already know the answer, goodluck then.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
I dont know why you guy's ask if you already know the answer, goodluck then.

lol

The dude asks what to do and then is like, im gonna do basica bolt ons and a tune.

02GT....your not gonna go anywhere on basic bolt ons......

dyno numbers dont mean shit, track numbers do.

Just listen to the people.....SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Do something big....save for a used blower, do gears, cams, long tubes, tune

Bolt ons wont do much, if anything

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
KansasCityGT said:
totally off topic here but i just realized i bought erica(my gf/fiance) those exact underwear. look even better on her than in that pic :thumb:

continue on now, lol

We're going to need pics, or none of us are going to believe you. lol

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Every time I saw her...she wasn't wearing any at all??

:eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online