what would it take?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
goddamn facts always gettin in the way of some good heresay

yea but if you want to talk numbers, the only way to really have any fact or truth the arguement is to have a good driver behind the wheel. Besides, the amount of money to put into a 5.0 vs a 4.6 to make it run 12's, is a large gap. 5.0's, with a good driver, can do it with the most basic of mods on the car. You can argue the fact with superchargers and all the variables etc. but i'll be damned if its not cheaper

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
i dunno what the hell you are rambling about, but i do know stock fox=high 14s. you are the only one arguing variables here

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
drives make a HUGE difference, and a driver is a variable, as in it changes from place to place. The best analogy is to compare this arguement to the 4.6 being the son of the 5.0.. and the 4.6 will never be as good as its old man the 5.0 :hammer:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
a good driver will knock tenths off, most people are not good drivers... either way, again, a stock fox is good for high 14s

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You guys are STILL arguing about this? :hammer: Dumbasses.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
a good driver will knock tenths off, most people are not good drivers... either way, again, a stock fox is good for high 14s

+1

stock fox's are turds

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You guys are morons.

Everyone is baggin on stock foxes and this and that. Are you all stupid enough to think that the SN95 cars which are HEAVIER and make LESS POWER are any faster?

If a stock fox is a turd, then a stock SN95 5.0 or NPI is runny liquified dogshit sauteed in a lemon butter sauce.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
settle down there paulie, stock foxes are not fast, thats all, all your nutswingers seem to think they are capable of godlike times WITH A GOOD DRIVER not the cases

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
J.R. said:
KansasCityGT said:
justinschmidt1 said:
J.R. said:
I know it's the slowest fox ever, but my aod vert wouldn't run a 13 if it fell off the Empire of State building, let alone if it had to pull itself.

I know someone who cant get into the 14s with a AOD fox body, gutted, with 3.27s, and welds with slicks.

Ran 15.0s

Then he has some problems. gears, tires and a stall should be good for low 14's high 13's

The problem with "should be" is its a guess, pulled from your butt and too much time on internet forums, honestly. Most foxes are high 14 second car's. Dumping weight will only get you so far.

Justin, you could get 3.27's in some foxes.

So I guess the Fox that was in my garage that was stalled, geared, shift kitted, with upper and lower intakes, roller rockers and exhaust didn't really run a 13.8. Hmm, maybe the time board was off at the track that day. :(

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
People always "know someone" or "saw someone" who did this or didn't do that - it's rarely representative of the population at large.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
KansasCityGT said:
J.R. said:
KansasCityGT said:
justinschmidt1 said:
J.R. said:
I know it's the slowest fox ever, but my aod vert wouldn't run a 13 if it fell off the Empire of State building, let alone if it had to pull itself.

I know someone who cant get into the 14s with a AOD fox body, gutted, with 3.27s, and welds with slicks.

Ran 15.0s

Then he has some problems. gears, tires and a stall should be good for low 14's high 13's

The problem with "should be" is its a guess, pulled from your butt and too much time on internet forums, honestly. Most foxes are high 14 second car's. Dumping weight will only get you so far.

So I guess the Fox that was in my garage that was stalled, geared, shift kitted, with upper and lower intakes, roller rockers and exhaust didn't really run a 13.8. Hmm, maybe the time board was off at the track that day. :(

Who ever sait it didnt?

I would say that any 5.0 or 4.6 npi can pull high 13s with a stall, gears, shift kit, exhaust, intake

I would imagine that stall/gears/sticky tires would be enough to take any 5.0/npi into the high 13s or damn close to it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
KansasCityGT said:
J.R. said:
KansasCityGT said:
justinschmidt1 said:
J.R. said:

Ran 15.0s

So that was a special edition stock fox right? Dealer special? You had enough money and parts into it, it should have run a 13.8. Not exactly representative of most foxs

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
settle down there paulie, stock foxes are not fast, thats all, all your nutswingers seem to think they are capable of godlike times WITH A GOOD DRIVER not the cases

So your implying that the typical fox driver is sucky, which is also not the case. Nutswingers.. heh, far from it. If you think 13's are godlike times, the get out my friend, go to the track, because i hate to say it to you, but the same mods on a fox and then on a 2v, the 5.0 will put out better times with a good driver. Very rarely do I find a bad 5.0 driver, maybe 1 out of 6 are bad drivers around here, and theres not many to begin with.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm not implying anything, I'm saying that the typical DRIVER, period, of any car, is not a professional level driver, will not get the best time out of this car, and does not care about it either.

I'm saying that .01% of performance car's ever see the strip, period, and out of those, maybe 25% are actually making low et the main goal and focus of their build.

Most people do what turns their crank to their car, which isn't what gives you a good et, lowering, low profile rubber, tall gears out back, full weight. Then go to the track once or twice a year to see what it'll do.

You seem to think that everyone should be able to cut a .005 light and sub 2.0 60' or they are a tool, not the case at all in the real world.

I think 13's for a STOCK fox is a godlike time, because it ain't in the cards brother. Once again, go ahead and start arguing variables if you want. I could give a crap if you think that the same mods on a 5.0 vs 4.6are worth. i don't care if you think mod motors are too complicated/slow/expensive/newfangled/w.e. A couple of you on this board either spend either way to much time online, with your face in a MM&FF, or at the most competitive track ever, because you seem to think every car will run what the magazine guy's can get it to run. Most Terminators can't get below a 13.5, I know a guy with a Mach who can barely run a 13.9x. Why? They can't drive. Just like most people, and you know what? They ain't racing for money, and they don't care, they have fun.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
thats the point, to have fun. However around here it's alot of very very very fast street cars, they run 5's all day long at the strip. I can understand where your coming from, I just think that if your looking for a fun, fast, and cheaper car, 5.0s are flat out the best ones for it. Theres nothing more exhilarating then sitting at the stop light in a cam'd 5.0 car, sn or fox, to smell the exhaust, hear it, rev it up, even a cammed GT500 didnt do that for me. It's all subjective, i prefer old school hotrod feeling, and i've yet to find a 4.6 to do that for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.