what would it take?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Didn't you just have bolt-on's :dunno:

I've driven lightnings, new saleens, the new bullit, shelbys, cobras.. you name it i've most likely ripped on one. My dad is a senior manager at ford, ask dave he knows my dad, hence how i get my chance to. We have a few friends that all have gt500's. One guy has the new FRPP supercharger on his, and basically anything that isn't from the cam's down in the motor, he's done it. We rolled down highway 17 at over 145+ mph, was nice and strong, but definately no hotrod.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If my grandpa was still around, he would claim Foxes are flimsy computer controlled pieces of shit, like you said, that's in perception, mostly. It would be hard to calim the Model A roadster on 33 fraimrails with various Merc, Lincoln, Buick, and Ford parts, including an original Edelbrock Slingshot, isn't a hotrod. But it only dynoed at 118 rwhp a couple years ago, still a awesome car though.

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
J.R. said:
I'm not implying anything, I'm saying that the typical DRIVER, period, of any car, is not a professional level driver, will not get the best time out of this car, and does not care about it either.

I'm saying that .01% of performance car's ever see the strip, period, and out of those, maybe 25% are actually making low et the main goal and focus of their build.

Most people do what turns their crank to their car, which isn't what gives you a good et, lowering, low profile rubber, tall gears out back, full weight. Then go to the track once or twice a year to see what it'll do.

You seem to think that everyone should be able to cut a .005 light and sub 2.0 60' or they are a tool, not the case at all in the real world.

I think 13's for a STOCK fox is a godlike time, because it ain't in the cards brother. Once again, go ahead and start arguing variables if you want. I could give a crap if you think that the same mods on a 5.0 vs 4.6are worth. i don't care if you think mod motors are too complicated/slow/expensive/newfangled/w.e. A couple of you on this board either spend either way to much time online, with your face in a MM&FF, or at the most competitive track ever, because you seem to think every car will run what the magazine guy's can get it to run. Most Terminators can't get below a 13.5, I know a guy with a Mach who can barely run a 13.9x. Why? They can't drive. Just like most people, and you know what? They ain't racing for money, and they don't care, they have fun.
I'm actually using my roomates name on this for the sheer fact that I can NOT believe what you just said... I had a catback intake 03 and ran a 12.4@114, I had a stock 95 5.0 and ran a 14.6@96 which is what a few hundred pounds HEAVIER than a fox not to mention the fact they normally dyno a little lower than most fox bodies. If you haven't seen a fox stock hit high 13's or low 14's then you haven't been to the track. If you are seeing 03's run 13.5's then you should move out of the rocky mountains and into a normal DA. I do understand some drivers can't drive period but I am in no way a "pro" driver yet I've run what you consider "god" like times. You should honestly spend more time at the drag strip unless everyone at your local strip is one legged driving a manual.

BTW, I've spent more time and money on Mod motors than most people will in a life time, so please don't bring that argument up. I love all Ford motors equally. Unless its a V6.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Excusie me, me englisss not so good. you see my firend, I say, uh, how you say... stock eh, in home country, how you say, stock means uh, how you say, the way she come off wonderful Mr Ford assembly line, you see my friend?

I have never seen a stock fox hit a 13, ever, and I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you and how much awesome experience you have.

Petek

Reaction score
i ran 10.85 with my stock fox body, the only mods were HCI, with a vortech blower, slicks n skinnys, C4 tranny, it was gutted, and had a built 8.8 rear end wit 4.10 gears.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Pete k said:
i ran 10.85 with my stock fox body, the only mods were HCI, with a vortech blower, slicks n skinnys, C4 tranny, it was gutted, and had a built 8.8 rear end wit 4.10 gears.

That doesn't count cause you had skinnies :crazy2:

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Excusie me, me englisss not so good. you see my firend, I say, uh, how you say... stock eh, in home country, how you say, stock means uh, how you say, the way she come off wonderful Mr Ford assembly line, you see my friend?

I have never seen a stock fox hit a 13, ever, and I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you and how much awesome experience you have.
Evidentially your knowledge of Ford products isn't that great either champ, maybe you should brush up, sport. I did explain that my STOCK 95 ran a faster time than what you claim to be what Fox bodies run, isn't that right ace? Back peddling yet? Good. Maybe I should have put on my stock 13 year old tires for you, and that 13 year old oil, and air filter. Maybe thats STOCK enough for you killer. Then your right I would have ran slow, why because my tires would popped and my car would have exploded. I've seen stock foxes, run low 14's on street tires and high high 13's on dr's cheif. Next time I'll take video.

All hail J.R. king of all that is Ford with his EXTENSIVE career in racing stock fox bodies. Hey pal, just cause you drive a car like a retarded chimp doesn't mean everyone runs higher than 13.5's in an 03 cobra. I could leave traction control on and crisco my tires and still run a 13.5.

Petek

Reaction score
KansasCityGT said:
J.R. said:

Evidentially your knowledge of Ford products isn't that great either champ, maybe you should brush up, sport. I did explain that my STOCK 95 ran a faster time than what you claim to be what Fox bodies run, isn't that right ace? Back peddling yet? Good. Maybe I should have put on my stock 13 year old tires for you, and that 13 year old oil, and air filter. Maybe thats STOCK enough for you killer. Then your right I would have ran slow, why because my tires would popped and my car would have exploded. I've seen stock foxes, run low 14's on street tires and high high 13's on dr's cheif. Next time I'll take video.

All hail J.R. king of all that is Ford with his EXTENSIVE career in racing stock fox bodies. Hey pal, just cause you drive a car like a retarded chimp doesn't mean everyone runs higher than 13.5's in an 03 cobra. I could leave traction control on and crisco my tires and still run a 13.5.

does anyone else think this guy is coming off like an asshole? or am i just senstive?

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
Pete k said:
KansasCityGT said:
J.R. said:

does anyone else think this guy is coming off like an asshole? or am i just senstive?
I would think J.R. would be sensitive with you hanging on his nuts like that...

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
nutswinger.gif

Petek

Reaction score
hanging on his nuts eh? you come here sreaming and bitching about a stupid topic, i call you an asshole, and now im hanging on his nuts? go snort some more crack buddy.

KansasCityGT

Reaction score
Pete k said:
hanging on his nuts eh? you come here sreaming and bitching about a stupid topic, i call you an asshole, and now im hanging on his nuts? go snort some more crack buddy.
Because I can't out drive J.R. I'm doing crack? Your logic seems flawed.

Petek

Reaction score
KansasCityGT said:
Pete k said:
Because I can't out drive J.R. I'm doing crack? Your logic seems flawed.

did i say that? learn to read bucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online