what would it take?

02GT

Reaction score
I'm not looking into building a track star.....just looking to build a moderately fast street car. The only reason I asked for the opinion was to really supplement my own thoughts, not to completely sway my decision on the direction of my car.

BTW, if bolt ons dont do shit, then whats the point of companies even putting them on the market? and why do you have bolt ons on your car? They do serve a purpose performance wise, and are a decent way to gain hp with out dumping a shitload into your car.

I do see why a blower would get me to where I want to be hp wise, but I didnt want to go that route if it was avoidable, hince, me asking if boltons and a tune would do it. But the cost of the supercharger,tune, and all of that would take me FOREVER to save. I make 700 a month, 350 a paycheck, and I pay car payments, insurance, girlfriend, gas money, and along with that feed my car modding addiction.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
02GT said:
I'm not looking into building a track star.....just looking to build a moderately fast street car. The only reason I asked for the opinion was to really supplement my own thoughts, not to completely sway my decision on the direction of my car.

BTW, if bolt ons dont do shit, then whats the point of companies even putting them on the market? and why do you have bolt ons on your car? They do serve a purpose performance wise, and are a decent way to gain hp with out dumping a shitload into your car.

I do see why a blower would get me to where I want to be hp wise, but I didnt want to go that route if it was avoidable, hince, me asking if boltons and a tune would do it. But the cost of the supercharger,tune, and all of that would take me FOREVER to save. I make 700 a month, 350 a paycheck, and I pay car payments, insurance, girlfriend, gas money, and along with that feed my car modding addiction.

Cause people that don't know any better still buy them.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
The bolt ons do make a difference. When you have some form of forced induction on your car.

02GT

Reaction score
Well I got a bunch of bendy straws connected together that I blow into going down the road, is that forced induction ;)

But hey at least its better than all the NPI guys right :D

J.R. said:
I dont know why you guy's ask if you already know the answer, goodluck then.

I still dont understand this statement either........I asked for the opinions..I got them. I had no idea that boltons and a tune wouldnt get me to 320rwhp or even 300rwhp. I found that out and said I'll stick with the bolt ons just because I am on a limited budget right now.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
well hell, why do companies sell leaf blower motors as superchargers? i could have saved a ton of money!

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
why are people saying bolt on's don't do shit? bolts on's are supporting mods for your heads and cams. and they don't "add" horsepower . they free up horsepower that your engine already has, but it just can't make because of restriction. if your reduce some of the restriction, it's going to free up some of that horsepower that was previously lost.

they may not add much, but they still help.

02GT

Reaction score
haha I'm a pretty decent driver, although a monkey with an eye patch and a fin for an arm could beat a NPI gt in a PI GT lol.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
02GT said:
haha I'm a pretty decent driver, although a monkey with an eye patch and a fin for an arm could beat a NPI gt in a PI GT lol.

Ha..was at the track wednesday. New Edge non SC s281 PI Saleen couldn't get out of the 15's.

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
look what happened between ptekkkkk and aaron aaron spun the whole 1/8 mile and pete won.

pete only has exhaust i think on his npi
and aaron has a pi engine with gears, and a couple other things.

not dogging on aaron by any means. just a comparison. and it was aaron first time at the track ever i'm pretty sure

02GT

Reaction score
I saw the video and yes its possible with a shit driver on the PI GT and a pretty decent driver on the NPI, but seriously......put up a slightly modded NPI GT against a PI GT and its no competition, this is with decent drivers in both cars.

But this goes back to the whole "whos faster" argument, and the whole WELL IF THIS CAR HAD A GREAT DRIVER AND THAT ONE HAD A BAD DRIVER and WELL IF YOU DID THESE MODS TO THIS ONE IT WOULD BE FASTER, no shit. You can make ANY car fast, and anybody can be a great driver. It just takes time and practice.

There I just saved another two pages of arguments

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i know. just about everythread in here gets on this topic after about a page.

my car only ran a 14 but i spun. I could run 13's for less than you. well yeah if you get junkyard parts, well i could just get a great deal. but then you could still run a 14 cause you're a bad driver. you can run 13's in a car for cheap with a good driver. blah blah blah.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
02GT said:

I love how cocky the PI guys are...yet ive never been beaten by one of those beasts in my auto npi... :dunno:

Seriously, stock for stock, a PI car is making around 35 hp more...but a good driver in a NPI car can beat a decent driver in a PI car so its no something to be cocky about.

Bolt ons will add power...but after spending 1-2k on every bolt on for your car over a couple years your gonma be like wow, what a waste of money when you could have spent the money on cams or something worthwhile.

Bolt ons will add power...but for the cost, your better off with 4.10s, o/r mid pipe, and saving for cams or something

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
bolt ons on a NPI gt are pointless, longtubes, and a tune are the only thing that seems to do anything for it. And those are expensive and enough of a pain in the ass to mess with that there not justifiable to bother putting on the car. I just put LT's and a ORH on my 95, it took me a 1/4 of the time, and 200 less head aches to put them on. And it sounds better to :hammer:

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
V said:
bolt ons on a NPI gt are pointless, longtubes, and a tune are the only thing that seems to do anything for it. And those are expensive and enough of a pain in the ass to mess with that there not justifiable to bother putting on the car. I just put LT's and a ORH on my 95, it took me a 1/4 of the time, and 200 less head aches to put them on. And it sounds better to :hammer:

you have ALOT more room to work with too. and i found it justifiable to put on my car :)

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
realitygt said:
V said:

you have ALOT more room to work with too. and i found it justifiable to put on my car :)

its good that you find it justifiable, because if they didn't, i hope you didn't do it for sh**s and giggles :hammer:

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
V said:
realitygt said:
V said:

its good that you find it justifiable, because if they didn't, i hope you didn't do it for sh**s and giggles :hammer:

i did it for sound, not performance :hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online