Whats a decent HID kit?

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My stock headlights are pathetic so I want a HID kit and I was wondering what brand you all are using? I don't want to pay for a name I just want a decent kit. Thanks

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Whats the difference in single beam and dual beam? I'm assuming dual beam is as it says "dual beam" but is it brighter? Another concern is do I have to change out my headlight housings for something different? I don't want to blind other motorists coming towards me.

CruizinKev

Reaction score
I think single beam is just running light (low beam)... our cars need dual-beam (bi-xenon), thats one "bulb" but with running light AND high-beam in one

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
what size bulb do we run?!
it asks for it and

OMG only 85 dollars for freakin DUAL HIDS?!?!? wtf?!?
the other sites ive seen sell them for 250+ easy.....

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
what size bulb do we run?!
it asks for it and

OMG only 85 dollars for freakin DUAL HIDS?!?!? wtf?!?
the other sites ive seen sell them for 250+ easy.....

we run 9007 bulbs

and no, no need to change headlight housings, just aim the housing a lil lower. you will still have more than enough light and not blind other drivers.

for the record, i have cheap $120 ebay bi-xenon lights in mine and i love them. dont really blind anyone except the super picky peiple who even hate the stock HID cars.
here is a photobucket album i made with videos for another member awhile bacK:
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/ender03/HIDs/

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
so that 85 kit is DEFINITELY worth it then!??!

might be. looks almost exactly the same as the one i have in my mustang, might pick up a set off that site for my f150.

******the ONLY thing i dont like about the HIDs i have right now is that they cause interference with the radio. but im pretty sure its because of the way i have them mounted in my car, which they arent really mounted, more like just tossed in the engine bay. i should really just mount them already.....******

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
how hard is it to set these things up?
with the kit in the link that's 85 bucks?
they come with brackets but where would you mount them?!?
hope this instructions are detailed haha

96gtchinook

Reaction score
mount them anyplace you want and yes I have had good luck and good quality with the $85 set. This kit is all plug and play dude its really simple.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
96gtchinook said:
mount them anyplace you want and yes I have had good luck and good quality with the $85 set. This kit is all plug and play dude its really simple.

+1. all you do is hook up the part they tell you to the battery, find somewhere you want for the ground, and the rest is plug and play.

the kit in the link is the single beam 9007 kit, which means you will no longer have high beams. click on "home" and then the bi-xenon kit to get to the $85 dollar bi-xenon (you get to keep the high beams) kit.

the brackets, you can mount those anywhere, either with the screws/hardware that comes in the kit, or you can go off and buy double sided tape. most mustang owners i know mount them behind the bumper, on the metal reinforcement bar. once i get un-lazy (almost never happens) thats were ill be mounting mine.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i know that it's a single beam
i'm gettin the 85 dollar dual beam which is why i kept sayin 85 dollar set.

that seems like an easy install

do i have to get a stronger alt?!?

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Yeah, from what I've read the amp draw is less. I'm going to order some this week so I'll be the guinea pig for you all. I wanted to buy some other stuff but this is almost a safety factor for me, I can barely see things at night.

96gtchinook

Reaction score
yeah with smoked lights its a must... you don't need to be the guinea pig dude I already bought this set they are good havent failed me yet, only 2 months though :crazy2:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'd go with the 6000K

what color did you guys do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99