Whats a decent HID kit?

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Theres very little glare if any, thats from the camera. They are also allot less blinding than any halogen lights coming at you that are not aimed low. I can walk out in front of mine starting at 5 feet all the way out of sight and I can still look at them without squinting, now if I squat down lower than the housing level, thats another story. Not a single person has flashed their high beams at me, they are definitely not a problem where I have them pointed.

96GT

Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
Theres very little glare if any, thats from the camera. They are also allot less blinding than any halogen lights coming at you that are not aimed low. I can walk out in front of mine starting at 5 feet all the way out of sight and I can still look at them without squinting, now if I squat down lower than the housing level, thats another story. Not a single person has flashed their high beams at me, they are definitely not a problem where I have them pointed.

That housing is horrible. I've done a few retrofits and I must say that this one takes the cake. This housing is like super reflective. I need to find a kit that fits into the fog lamps. I am debating keeping my GT bumper or slapping on the Cobra bumper I got. Sleeper reasons.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Whats the verdict with this thread, is this site legit? Meaning you can order from them with no worries, and can you say these HID's are just as good as the ones from www.americanmuscle.com / www.stangmods.com I am seriously considering these because you can't beat the price, but I dont want to pay for something and regret it later on down the road. Hit me up with some feedback anyone thanks again!

- Nate

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
I think they are every bit as good as the ones from americanmuscle but I don't have the americanmuscle ones so I can't say for sure. As stated they may be illegal but they are not blinding to other people, they could be if tilted up so take care to aim them down a little. A lot of other things on our cars are illegal as well so as long as there is a not a definite safety violation I'm not going to worry about it.

smasher41

Reaction score
ohh i got a set of high/low beam HIDS from hidwholesale88 also, work great with no radio noise or anything. :thumb:

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Yeah 9007. I wont do my fog lights until I have my new cobra bumper on with the round fogs. I have no radio interference either but its never been that clear :D

g_dogg

Reaction score
I don't think you are supposed to use hids with normal headlights.
The reason is the light is deflected all over the place and blinds other people.
its like having your high beams on all the time.
from what i have read on other forums, hids should be used with projector headlights.
i'll try to find the links for you guys.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
gdogg said:
The reason is the light is deflected all over the place and blinds other people.
from what i have read on other forums, hids should be used with projector headlights.

Each to its own

smasher41

Reaction score
g_dogg said:
ohh sure, Ill drive my 98 gt with stock lights that are dimmer than my fog lights (its very sad when you cant tell only your fog lights are on an not headlights at night), while every friggen beamer with HID blinds the shit outta me on the road, or the 8 ft tall lifted trucks running in my back window.
:tickedoff:
My headlights are aimed low and slightly away to prevent it from shining into the other lane.
When I put mine in i had friends ride in front of me and beside me and towards me on the roads, all of them were shocked it didnt even bother them like the FACTORY import HIDS running around out here.

lets face it, Our cars have pathetics factory lights, and anyone that drives at night in poorly lit areas will agree.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
g_dogg said:

The light is pretty well refined. As long as you aim them straight forward or a little bit low you won't blind anyone. I have not had a single person blink there high beams at me. Speaking of cars that blind people those new SUV's that have HIDs and are aimed right in my face, those are terrible! But yes, you are correct it IS illegal to install HID's in any housing that is not specifically designed for HID's. As long as they are not aimed at eye level I'm not concerned because they are not a hazard to anyone.

g_dogg

Reaction score
haha everything is illegal these days im surprised the cops havent
given anyone a ticket yet for their K&N filter.
thats why im paranoid about the hids.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
If you are worried buy the 4000k and they will not be blue, do a clean install and the cops wont see the difference unless they really know the car and most don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online