Whats Better

4point6GT

Reaction score
wish i knew, you gettin a coilover kit ? or jus shocks/struts ?

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Wow... Someone actually posted back. Im going with just the shocks/struts....

Bluesn95

Reaction score
I would go with Tokico. I've heard no complaints about them. Bilsteins to me just seem too mainstream. They're a good shock but thats what I have on my 4 wheel drive.

NYC94GT

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Tokico or Bilstein?
I had the Illuminas and although I had no complaints, they aren't as good as the Koni Yellow DA's I have with my Griggs C/O setup. The Illuminas are adj, but one way. the DA's are "double adj", which means you can fine tune the compression and rebound. The Bilstein in my opinion are excellent replacement from stock, but they are not adjustable. The Koni's (DA) I think are the most expensive out of the bunch but as they say you get what you pay for.

95-stang

Reaction score
I would say Koni too, cant afford them these days, but like you say, the best aint cheap. ;)

NYC94GT

Reaction score
BigJohnson4.6GT said:
how is kyb?
Nah, KYB means "KEEP YOUR BENJAMIN'S" They are a waste unless you can't swing for Illuminas.

95-stang

Reaction score
KYB which i'm sure is Kayaba, are budget on motorcyles, i run Ohlins on my bike sooner than anything else. ;)

FHATTCATT

Reaction score
LJmagicJJ said:
can't go wrong w/ strange adjustables....

I also have heard good thing about the Strange adjustables- and at $70/shock and $119/strut-- they are darn good prices.

Within the next couple weeks I should have a set of Strange shocks on-

stang94X

Reaction score
i'd go strange over anything else, they're built strong, they work great, they're 10 way adjustable and priced good, :) can it get any better than that

Spd0lit

Reaction score
yup i love my strange's they are great for the street and the track. I have yet to crank them all the way yet because i haven't autocrossed the car with them on. But at five on the street they are amazing for the price.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Doesnt that scare you that something good can be so cheap.....

Spd0lit

Reaction score
yea i know they are cheap but a few of my friends have been running them from three years now and no problem. They haven't blown or anything and they all drive the wheels off of their cars.

driftingmustang

Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
I would go with Tokico. I've heard no complaints about them. Bilsteins to me just seem too mainstream. They're a good shock but thats what I have on my 4 wheel drive.
had tokicos, worked great