Whats the difference between V-1/S, V-2SQ/S, V-1/T

Digital_Synapse

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the difference between these Vortech superchargers? All I keep getting is how reliable these are not any tech info...

V-1 S-trim
V-2 SQ S-trim
V-1 T-trim

Thanks in advance.
:santa_afro:

97vertstang

Reaction score
dont know much, i just know that v1 s trim is loud and the v2-sq is quiet.

Shangsta

Reaction score
The v1 is basically a really loud blower while the v2 sq was created because alot of people thought the v1 was too noisy so its a quiter version. The t trim is a bigger blower with higher flow capacitys

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
v-1 the impellar was cut diff. from the v-2, so that is why it is quieter. the t trim is just as stated earlier

Svtstrikesback

Reaction score
ju015dd said:
v-1 the impellar was cut diff. from the v-2, so that is why it is quieter. the t trim is just as stated earlier

Are you sure about that? I don't think that's exactly right, but I could be mistaken. I think there are other factors that make the V2 quieter. You may be referrring to the difference in the GT and Cobra versions of the V1 and V2. Cutting the impellar, to my understanding, affects the boost. Which, is exactly the case in the V-1 SC and V-2 SC. The V-1 s-trim (and V-2) has staighter impellar blades which make more boost at lower rpms, vs. the V-1 SC, which has the cut impellar to not allow it to make as much boost until higher rpms, which is where the Cobras need it more so than GTs.

If you challlenge my thinking/information, I will be forced to research and find out for certain. I KNOW that is the difference in the GTs and Cobras S-trims, but I don't know what is PHYSICALY different in the V-1 nd V-2. I only know that the V-2s are the SQs and are quieter (is that a word?) than the V-1 versions.

freakshow12

Reaction score
S trim= straight cut gears in the drive
SQ= angle cut gears for less noise

I had the option when I ordered mine and took the loud one. fot a while now all kits are shipped with the SQ unless you specify the loud one.

I cant wait to hera mine with the small pulley, long tubes and lumpy cams. it should give me wood.

jys97cobra

Reaction score
v-1 is louder then v-2....v-1 s trim has the impeller cut at an angle, v-2 is straight. s trim is rated max at 15 and b trim at 20 psi

slow96mystic

Reaction score
The V-2's Helical cut gears give it a better ramp rate, which is supposed to make boost a little faster. That's what a Vortech rep said anyway. I have a V-1 on my Cobra and a V-2 on my gt and don't notice a difference. The V-2 is a little quieter, but you still know it's there.

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
slow96mystic said:
The V-2's Helical cut gears give it a better ramp rate, which is supposed to make boost a little faster. That's what a Vortech rep said anyway. I have a V-1 on my Cobra and a V-2 on my gt and don't notice a difference. The V-2 is a little quieter, but you still know it's there.

are these blowers s-trims or sq's?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online