Who here put on there own aftermarket Exhaust System?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I just want to know what im getting myself into when i order my Catback, Catted H-pipe and my Steeda MIL's...Was it hard to swap out the old Midpipe?!?! and put the new one in w/o a lift? Perhaps maybe in a driveway...Just tell what you guys did?

Nate

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
nah its not that bad, now if you were doing headers also I would say you could have a hard time 8)

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Took me and my 15 year old son about an hour to do the o/r h-pipe. The pass. side at the manifold is a bitch, the rest is easy as hell.

Heres a hint, the night before soak all the bolts down with some PB blaster/wd40 then do it again about 30 mins before you start.

Im getting a new cat-back in sept, but that looks easier than the midpipe to change.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The catback and mid pipe are easy...like said above soak everything beforehand. I did mine on Jack stands and just hacked off the old exhaust with a power saw. Now i paid someone to install the headers...cause i'm not that patient.

LI98GT

Reaction score
I did mine also - both the mid pipe and catback. I found the mid pipe easier as the catback required the old (tough) one to be sawed off (by dremel) and I don't think I still have the tips right.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its not hard but can be stressfull if you cant get it properly sealed sometimes its hard to get the torque laying on your back with the car on stands, it pissed me off but the intsall its self was easy. To be honest I think id just pay the couple hundred to get it all done if I were to do it again.

G

GREG@SN95

i did...

I do all the work on my cars...
I don't trust anyone... people will fukc up the simplist of tasks...

exhaust... easy... the only thing that gets hard are long tube headers... but they too are do it your self... no major work... what you take off you put back on...

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
The catback was sinch to do. I did it on jackstands.

I then tried to do the midpipe but gave up after I obliterated like 5 swivel ratchets on the passenger side header bolts.

I took it to a shop and it turned out better that I did. The midpipe I had was for a manual car and it didnt fit with my auto in the way. So they had to weld in some bends to make it work. Costed me like $100.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Midpipe and cat back pretty easy. Headers not to bad with a 5.0. Headers with a 4.6 = :puke:

I say if you have the time do it your self.

Downshift

Reaction score
Kinda sucks doing it in your driveway. I did mine wasnt too bad. Like someone else said the pass side at the manifold is pretty tough. I had to have one of my friends get the bolts going because my hands were too big to fit up there otherwise its pretty straight forward just make sure you get everything lined up and torqued down right or you will be back under there fixing those nasty leaks.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I did my own X pipe and Flowmaster cat back. There right when they said soak it the night before with a can of pb blaster and wd-40. After I got it all bolted up and went down to a muffler shop and paid them 40 bucks to clean everything up for me. They heated up the pipe cuz one side was hanging alittle low and just sinched everything up for me. sounds great!.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online