window noise!?

WildWilk

Reaction score
I have a 40th anniversary gt and it has power windows and the driver side is automatic but when it rolls all the way down there is a repetitive thumping and the door panel shakes and i have no idea how to fix it has anyone had this issue and or know how to fix it?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
something is loose inside of the door. obviously.
Your just going to have to take the panel off and investigate.

Magic

Reaction score
Power window motor needs to be replaced or rebuilt or the window regulator needs to be replaced.

When you hit the button to roll the window up and the window goes all the way up, hold the UP button down and see if you still hear the same noise/does the same thing it does when it goes down.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
This ^ I would have rolled down the window with the panel off then you could possibly see what's going on ? I don't know it seems like the logical thing to do ? Maybe I'm wrong

9838stang

Reaction score
Does the window go up and down at a constant rate? If not i would think it is the motor not being able to give constant power or its getting hung up on something. I would look at the track and see if you tell of it is bent.

Magic

Reaction score
The window motors are common in these cars. They have plastic bushings inside that wear out overtime and chew themselves up.

This is what it looks like inside when the motor is removed and the cover is opened up.

Sometimes it can be the regulator itself, but most common are the motors.
593613WindowMotor2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online