wingless/skirtless -first pix of my 95 after her "reduction"

Mustanger

Reaction score
So if you pull off the skirts you have a series of 1/4" holes down the side? How will that look? Any clear pics of after showing these? I am curious...thanks.

OP
OP
S

STR33TR

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
You're adding flares but I thought u said less was more, hence removing the skirts and spoiler, etc?
Exceptions prove the rule? Is that a valid argument?
Ionno; spoilers have been ruined for me by the fact that they're on every car from Camrys to Crown Vics and the skirts looked like running boards. Good riddance!! The flares -to me- make the car look tougher.
badass98svt said:
i say no flares ftw
thanx for the vote. A lot of ppl don't think they'll look good, but I think they will. We'll see!
Mustanger said:
So if you pull off the skirts you have a series of 1/4" holes down the side? How will that look? Any clear pics of after showing these? I am curious...thanks.
Shouldn't come as a surprise that I haven't taken any pix highlighting the car's flaws. In some of the imgs of the flares you can see a hole or two -there are 17 per side! I'm lucky that my dark paint hides these. On my car you really can't see 'em unless you get down and know what you're looking for. Your white car would show them more, I'd think.
The 4holes in the trunk get a lot more attention -I've plugged those holes w/ a set of grommets I got from O'Rielly's for like $2.
One thing that it'd seem like you could do that I can't, though, is use some kind of white tape or vinyl as a band-aid until you get ready for paint/body.

OP
OP
S

STR33TR

Reaction score
Mustang Mark said:
you're missing a lug nut.
yeah, that's a reminder of a battle I had w/ trying to get the damned locking lug nuts off of the Cobra wheels after the key broke! Ford parts counter wanted $25 for another key. They can stick that right up their ass. Once I finally got 'em off I could only scrounge up 3 regular lugs. New set of 20 chrome lugs will be ordered with ARP long stud kit after 15th p'chk.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
it would look awesome if you sanded your mirrors smooth and paint matched them to the car. and fill in the skirt holes

98cobra3

Reaction score
I just want to say I love the look you are going for especially with those wheels and fat beefy tires. you should give them to me!

OP
OP
S

STR33TR

Reaction score
ha ha! my thread lives on! Hadn't been on the forums in a while, until last week when a few of the guys over in the 5.0 specific Tech section saved my bacon.

dunno if Skirtless ever found the answer (it's in about 10 threads in here!) but those are 295/50-15s on 8" wheels out back. 215/60-15s on 7"s up front.

Painted the wheels white and got new BFGoodrich Radial t/a tires (same sizes) mounted up last week. Haven't had a chance to get good pix, yet. Here's a couple cell phone pix

10979865854_8e85e66d06.jpg

10979766616_094cd42cd3.jpg

OH, and I found a solution for the 17 holes where the skirts mounted up /\
It's 1/4 chrome trim that comes on a roll @ O'Reilly's. Worked out well on my car, but it's not for everyone. Still rocking grommets in the trunk holes, though :(

OP
OP
S

STR33TR

Reaction score
That looks great! wow!
Thanks man. Really like yours a lot too.

I just got done reading back through my wish list (near the top of the thread).
I did get the drop spindles and -combined with the Steeda x2 ball joints and a full poly bushing set it made a MAJOR difference in how the car feels.
Still haven't gotten the coilovers, but it doesn't really need it. I swapped on an off-road H-pipe and glasspacks (it sounds like a nascar when I mash it on the freeway) and it gave me the additional ground clearance I needed!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Do you have more pictures of that chrome strip?

This thread pretty much just sold me on being skirtless! Bought my car with missing skirts and have been looking for them cheap, but I am going to slam my car and oh my does it look better. Did you do anything about the frame rail and notch for the jack? Mine is all kinds of beat up and is a bit of an eye sore...

Thanks for bumping this thread back from the dead.. Just saved me about $200. lol

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
STR33TR where at in AR are you from? It'd be awesome to check out that car in person at a car show or something!

OP
OP
S

STR33TR

Reaction score
Good to see you back. And I'm digging the new color combo.
Between getting the balancer replaced and the whole new ignition system with hotter plugs and better timing PLUS the cool new tires and painted wheels I've fallen in love with her all over again!!

Do you have more pictures of that chrome strip?

This thread pretty much just sold me on being skirtless! Bought my car with missing skirts and have been looking for them cheap, but I am going to slam my car and oh my does it look better. Did you do anything about the frame rail and notch for the jack? Mine is all kinds of beat up and is a bit of an eye sore...

Thanks for bumping this thread back from the dead.. Just saved me about $200. lol
The chrome strip is like $10-15, and it was a piece of cake to stick on there. I used a set of dykes to give it a nice clean snip. About the rails, mine weren't bad, so I didn't mess with them. But a few coats of black spray paint should make them much less of an eyesore.
don't the tires catch on the fenders?
Have to get the camber just right up front. Where the spindle bolts to the strut the holes in the strut are SLIGHTLY oblong, so you can set some neg camber there and that helps me clear my tires. Out back they do rub some on driveways... but my last set of tires lasted for about 20k miles -tread gave out, not death from sidewall abuse.
STR33TR where at in AR are you from? It'd be awesome to check out that car in person at a car show or something!
Sherwood/NLR

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Not too bad of a drive, I'm from Crossett pretty close to the LA line. Was your car at the Power Tour this summer?

OP
OP
S

STR33TR

Reaction score
Not too bad of a drive, I'm from Crossett pretty close to the LA line. Was your car at the Power Tour this summer?
Ughh... I had been looking forward to Powertour coming thru town for A YEAR. but then May came and I forgot all about it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online