01 Bullitt Gauge Cluster Overlay for 96-98?

Royal96

Reaction score
Does this exist? I can't seem to find any aftermarket solutions in the 01 Bullitt style, only kind of similar.

Will a factory Bullitt overlay work? I know I'd have to either cut a hole for the odometer or just leave it covered (Which honestly, as long as I own it, I don't have a problem with), but are there any other issues I'd run into? Any other differences between the 99-04 cluster and the 94-98 that I'm missing?

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
You don't care to see your odometer?

Honestly, not really. The car itself is already on a newer engine, almost the entire front suspension has been rebuilt, and here in a couple weeks the entire rear will have been rebuilt. Hopefully by next spring, the boost ready motor will be ready to drop in.

It's not a low mileage car, so it's not like the mileage is worth looking at. The odometer is reaching towards 160k right now. Honestly, once pretty much nothing original to the car is there, I'd rather not see 200,000 miles on the odometer if everything has closer to 40k.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
Also, I did find a write-up on how to swap in the factory faces into an early SN95, but it involves finding the gauges (Which are often still a whole cluster and very expensive) and then cutting them to match the factory gauges, which I wouldn't mind doing if getting my hands on a set wouldn't cost me 250 bucks. I'll do it if I have to, but I'd rather find an aftermarket solution if possible.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
I do them every 6 months. I always run full synthetic, so it's not like the whole "3000 mile" thing really applies anyways. If it did, I'd just use the trip odo to keep track.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I remember JonBeast getting a Mach 1 or 04 Cobra cluster to work in his SN before he sold it. Might be easier to just use a Bullitt cluster.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I ordered a Mach 1 custom overlay for my gauges. It looks like the Mach/Bullitt gauges but it is clear on the back so they light up white instead of blue tinted. Since then, I am thinking about doing a different setup......If you really want it we might be able to work something out.

McCloud

Reaction score
I remember JonBeast getting a Mach 1 or 04 Cobra cluster to work in his SN before he sold it. Might be easier to just use a Bullitt cluster.
You're correct. He used a Mach 1 cluster. I will actually be doing the same thing in my car. I stopped by MPS on my way to Atlanta last weekend and scored a Mach 1 IUP cluster for $125...which is less than half of what they sell them for online.

06a8aa650efa2ca76be97df67a71be27.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score

Wait, so it's actually possible to swap a 99-04 whole cluster isbto a 96-98? When I looked it up before I basically found "the plugs are different, don't even try".

I ordered a Mach 1 custom overlay for my gauges. It looks like the Mach/Bullitt gauges but it is clear on the back so they light up white instead of blue tinted. Since then, I am thinking about doing a different setup......If you really want it we might be able to work something out.

Pics? This whole thing is kind of on the back burner right now since I'm trying to find a rust free roller to swap my car into, but I'd still be interested potentially.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Wait, so it's actually possible to swap a 99-04 whole cluster isbto a 96-98? When I looked it up before I basically found "the plugs are different, don't even try".
Pics? This whole thing is kind of on the back burner right now since I'm trying to find a rust free roller to swap my car into, but I'd still be interested potentially.

I didnt think you could swap the whole cluster because the odometer is digital and the gauges work on a completely different type of circuit than our. Thats why i went this route. Im thinking about changing mine because its easier for the megasquirt to work aftermarket gauges.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
I didnt think you could swap the whole cluster because the odometer is digital and the gauges work on a completely different type of circuit than our. Thats why i went this route. Im thinking about changing mine because its easier for the megasquirt to work aftermarket gauges.

Those look spot on. If you decide to go the aftermarket route, let me know.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
If you want me to I can put the bezel on it and take a picture so you can get a real feel for them.

McCloud

Reaction score

You can't swap the whole cluster in. Like mentioned above the wiring is different. You can however swap the gauge overlay and needles over to your stock cluster. Just cut out the digital trip odometer under the tach,cut out a hole for your odometer under the speedo, cut and swap the dummy lights section out and then put everything back together.

Cost effective? Probably not. I went down to MPS looking to leave with a set of Mach 1 seats but they didn't have any in stock at the time so I left with the Mach 1 cluster.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Doesn't alex302 have an 03/04 mach cluster? I think it's possible to switch them over but you literally have to rewire EVERYTHING
[MENTION=13494]alex302[/MENTION] has a Mach 1 wrapped in a sn95 body. He did rewire everything........and replace everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online