03 Convertible Top on 98

Jnicho

Reaction score
All I know is they list different PN's for 94-99 & 00-04. Beyond that I don't know what the differences are.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
all i know is that people put 03/04 cobra tops on their 94-04 mustangs as an "upgrade"

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it fits. 03/04 cobra tops are cloth and ours are vinyl.

They are darker too I believe. I would love one for mine but I don't have that kind of money.

11051w.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The canvas tops off the 03/04 cars aren't that much money and are a deadly upgrade

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i just did this last winter :)

it the exact same fitment op.

Jnicho

Reaction score
Good to know...curious though, what is the perceived improvement of canvas vs. vinyl? I've seen vinyl tops done with that Forever Black dye that look good and are super dark jet black.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced mine back in early 03 with black canvas before I knew the Cobra had the cloth. I've been wanting to slice my top ever since because its so much nicer in person. Can't wait til some punk cuts my top to steal my radio :thumbsup:

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Good to know...curious though, what is the perceived improvement of canvas vs. vinyl? I've seen vinyl tops done with that Forever Black dye that look good and are super dark jet black.
hard to explain that. for me its just a better look. jet black vinyl will still throw off a sheen in sun lght. i personally dont like that. black cloth is deeper and richer. then theres the cracking issue with vinyl. cloth don't crack.

however cloth tops are different in how you take care of them. first and foremost do NOT use a hard brush EVER. not even 1 time!! ever lol. it will fuzz that fn thing something terrible!!

what i always did was run a vacuum hose with the brush attachment over it to get all the dust and dirt off. then spray blue magic canvas top cleaner on it. horse hair brush to lightly scrub and rinse. top stays like new :) once a month or so some scotch guard dont hurt either.

Jnicho

Reaction score
hard to explain that. for me its just a better look. jet black vinyl will still throw off a sheen in sun lght. i personally dont like that. black cloth is deeper and richer. then theres the cracking issue with vinyl. cloth don't crack.

however cloth tops are different in how you take care of them. first and foremost do NOT use a hard brush EVER. not even 1 time!! ever lol. it will fuzz that fn thing something terrible!!

what i always did was run a vacuum hose with the brush attachment over it to get all the dust and dirt off. then spray blue magic canvas top cleaner on it. horse hair brush to lightly scrub and rinse. top stays like new :) once a month or so some scotch guard dont hurt either.

Good info...thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online