03DSGGT's official Winter 2015 build thread (UPDATE 5/19 POST #81)

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely wonderful! Do you have any videos of this thing running on the current set up?

I only have one video of it. I posted it up here a few months back. Ill get more this coming year:

[video=youtube_share;9aiWzIMVzOI]http://youtu.be/9aiWzIMVzOI[/video]

9838stang

Reaction score
And the last thing interior wise that I wanted to do was to clean the seats. The car came with 03-04 Cobra seats when I bought it in '05. Ive always been careful with the seats, but owning the car for 10 years has generated some dirt. The seats looked fine, but I figured that I would clean them up anyways. I did some research and came across the Woolite method. Im glad I did, because I turned a couple white towels brown from cleaning the alcantara inserts. They look much better, and I also conditioned the leather parts of the seats as well:

I followed the same woolite step man! Glad i did too! I cant believe these seats are so sensitive to clean. But They are very durable seats and i love em.

The build looks awesomes so far man!

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I followed the same woolite step man! Glad i did too! I cant believe these seats are so sensitive to clean. But They are very durable seats and i love em.

The build looks awesomes so far man!

I appreciate it. Yea I felt kinda bad for the seats for letting them get so dirty and not even knowing it. Ill be sure to go over them every fall before I put it away for the winter from now on.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Very nice thread! Your attention to detail is immaculate! I love your organization with the engine parts...smart! Although I do have a question. What cam shaft are you going with and will you solid lash the adjusters?

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice thread! Your attention to detail is immaculate! I love your organization with the engine parts...smart! Although I do have a question. What cam shaft are you going with and will you solid lash the adjusters?

Thanks! Right now Im sticking with my Cushman stage 3's. When I do my big bore build, I want to basically get a cam that will match my power band of my current setup, meaning that I know with my cams now, they are good to about 7200, and when I add more cubic inches that will lower from what I understand, so Id like to go with a larger cam to keep my limit to about 7200...and Ive never seen the anybody run solid lash adjusters before, but Im interested to see that, Im familiar with it on a pushrod motor, but have never seen it on OHC stuff...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Now that I have seen it again, I think I caught this video over on corral. I haven't bee on here very long. I will say though, that thing sounds amazing. I let one of the guys here at work listen to the video before he knew what it was and he said it sounded great/mean. Then when I told him it was a Mustang he said damn, now I'm disappointed (old guy, drives a corvette and always gives me crap about Mustangs). Just a fun little story I wanted to share.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, not a whole bunch of progress, but Ive been picking away at things. I ran up to Summit last night and bought the rest of my ARP hardware. Since it was around 40* outside today, I decided to go out to the garage and start disassembling the stock intake. Instead of pulling the entire intake at once, Ive been taking a couple items at a time, cleaning them up, and transferring them over to the Edelbrock. So far today I got the fuel rails transferred over and bolted down, the carb studs in, all of the sensors in, and I drilled and tapped the back of the intake for the coolant mod, and I got the fitting in for that. So Im moving along slowly but surely. On to the pics:

ARP hardware:

Taking the car apart:

Coolant mod:

Fuel rails bolted on. You can see the brackets that I made in order to get the stock rails to work on the intake. Im probably going to replace the button heads with ARP 12 point bolts so they match everything else:

Random pics:

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That intake looks mean... I can't wait so see what kind of numbers you end up pushing

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Damn, your attention to detail is phenomenal. That intake setup is so beautiful. You have any plan to tuck all your wires under the intake?

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, your attention to detail is phenomenal. That intake setup is so beautiful. You have any plan to tuck all your wires under the intake?

Thanks very much, sometimes being so anal drives myself nuts lol. As for tucking the wires, I do plan on doing it, but not right away. I want to make sure that the intake makes power, and if it does, then I'll do a wire tuck. I also plan on stripping and painting the engine bay when I build the Teksid motor...

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Thanks very much, sometimes being so anal drives myself nuts lol. As for tucking the wires, I do plan on doing it, but not right away. I want to make sure that the intake makes power, and if it does, then I'll do a wire tuck. I also plan on stripping and painting the engine bay when I build the Teksid motor...

Dude I would be totally down to go to the summit show to meet all you guys. I just need like a months notice so I can my other 5 friends with mustangs to make the trip as well. We are slowly gaining more and more in my group lol. It is awesome.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I took advantage of the semi warm weather today and got the intake bolted on. I started by removing the old intake, and cleaning up the head surface and the block valley, and laying the new gaskets and then intake into place. I reconfigured the vacuum lines to clean everything up the best I could. So I bought a TEE and brought all of the lines into the TEE, running everything behind and under the intake to keep as much out of sight as I could. I still need to clean up the COPs and bolt them on, I need to notch the alternator bracket to fit correctly on to the intake, and lastly Im going to cut the provision for the cruise control off of the throttle cable bracket since Im deleting my cruise control, and this will clean it up some more:

Old intake removed:

Intake set into place:

Here you can see some of the ARP hardware:

You can kind of see how I have the vacuum lines tucked behind the intake:

Alternator loosely in place until I get the upper bracket modified:

So that's where Im at as of now. My plan is to get the alternator and throttle brackets modified tomorrow or Tuesday and get them painted and back on the car sometime this week. Id like to get the intake buttoned up before next week because they are saying we are in for another Arctic blast that is going to bring -0* temps. I need to rewire my MAF harness to install my remote IAT sensor so that my 90mm MAF can be installed at the tuner.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That's looking beast! Good thing you have a cowl hood that'll close! U have plans for the old tb/plenum?

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's looking beast! Good thing you have a cowl hood that'll close! U have plans for the old tb/plenum?

Yea the plenum is really tall, especially with the spacer. Im going to hang on to the T.B./plenum atleast until the car is tuned, so that way if the car doesn't make any power, or loses power, I can throw the PI stuff back on...lol

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you somehow manage to lose power from that setup, I'll do all in my power to bite my arm off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online