1000 Ft. Drags ! What am i doing wrong ??

Foursixliter

Reaction score
First time posting so im going to try be as detailed as possible .
my best time is 13.49 at my local track "Willow Springs" asphalt road coarse with 1000ft straight away
They only give reaction time 1000ft et and mph which are
rt-.54/ et- 13.49/ mph 80.8 Other run rt- .16/ et- 13.49/ mph 83.1
Car is a 97 mustang gt 5spd with bbk cai flowmaster mufflers STOCK midpipe kumho ecsta v710s in rear there slicks but for road racing 245/45/17 got em free though oh and th way its set up we burnout and its takes a good minute to a minute and a half before you actually launch because theres 2 cars in front of you i know its stupid but oh well

Someone that knows times & mph can you tell me are my mph good for the 1000ft and my slow time from just spinning all first litterally back gets sideways id say on a clock when i launch im like at 1 o clock for a good example of how sideways it gets

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What you shifting at ? You should be at around 96mph at 1320ft so by the looks of things 13mph in 320 feet I think you might be a little on the slow side . Not to mention burning out with street tires on ashphalt tracks rarely helps

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
doesn't sound that far off for a lightly modded GT. I mean realistically you probably have a small amount more hp then stock but I wouldn't expect it to be enough to feel a difference.

OP
OP
F

Foursixliter

Reaction score
True ^ i have 4.10 gears here just waiting on my brother to get back from being deployed in the army to help me put them in. What would be the best slicks for 4.10 gears with the T-45 trans
26 inch or 28 inch ???
I know that will cut my et down a good .2 to .3 tenths of a second plus room for growth when i start makin some power (125 shot ) coming by the end of the month

RichV

Reaction score
Hang up that straight line shiz-nit and hit the whole course! I'd love to run that some day!!

Go run a 1/8 or 1/4 mile, better comparison for most. Why do they run a 1000ft drag race? Never heard of that.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hang up that straight line shiz-nit and hit the whole course! I'd love to run that some day!!

Go run a 1/8 or 1/4 mile, better comparison for most. Why do they run a 1000ft drag race? Never heard of that.

I was confused too ...

The clutch could be where all ur mph is missing on the big end actually because of the added load on the trans in a higher gear

GT3FC

Reaction score
OP
OP
F

Foursixliter

Reaction score
Only reason why i go to this track is because i live about 2 mins from it, its in my little town. And they dont do 1/4 because its really a road race track and the straight away is only 1000 feet plus a little stopping room
youtube WILLOW SPRINGS DRAGS and you can see the setup and races

Yea musturd your probably right or its just a slow turd haha i cant wait to start spraying on it

Gt3 i was actually planning on going with the exedy stage 2 as well + ford pilot bearing & throw out bearing
as ive heard exedy throw out bearings suck and go out in a month or two

OP
OP
F

Foursixliter

Reaction score
To cut down my et i really want to get some mickey thompson slicks
i already have 4.10 gears (not yet installed) and i would like to know what size tire is better for the gears im thinkin 26" because it will help me pull a higher rpm going though the end of the track as ill be in the middle of 4th gear but what do you guys say ??
26" or 28" ??

heres a link to a clip of the the track and a race
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L1RZXiqZ9lk
you can see in the begining how he spins his tires a lil that the burnout box and a good minute goes by before you actually getta race
Tires that arent so hot and asphalt track launches suckkk

RichV

Reaction score
So do they give you a legit slip with a 60' time as well? That's almost as useful, if not more, as your ET and MPH.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
To cut down my et i really want to get some mickey thompson slicks
i already have 4.10 gears (not yet installed) and i would like to know what size tire is better for the gears im thinkin 26" because it will help me pull a higher rpm going though the end of the track as ill be in the middle of 4th gear but what do you guys say ??
26" or 28" ??

heres a link to a clip of the the track and a race
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L1RZXiqZ9lk
you can see in the begining how he spins his tires a lil that the burnout box and a good minute goes by before you actually getta race
Tires that arent so hot and asphalt track launches suckkk

If it was a real 1/4 mile you would be in the top of 4th go with a 26 you don't got the power to leave hard enough on 28's

OP
OP
F

Foursixliter

Reaction score
Rich v unfortunatly no they do give 60' ft times imagine just revving up to 3k rpm and dumping your clutch thats how much im spinning in 1st gear :/

Musturd yea im planning on spraying 125 shot this month and later get the pi swap with stage 1 nitrous cam from mhs
what type of rwhp is required to run 28's i dont want to have to buy a seperate pair of slicks if the pi swap on nitrous is makin to much power for the 26s ??

Or will i still be set with the 26x10 set

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You shouldn't be revving it that high off the line ... No wonder your 60fts are funny

OP
OP
F

Foursixliter

Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking after i had left the track haha
next time i will try 1500-2000 with the new 4.10s
cool thanks musturd for all the advice nice stance by the way lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members