Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Venom351R said:
OnyxCobra said:
maybe you could if you had one lol

That's why I said my 95% R bc the only thing I don't have is the white color and the build # for an R. Other then that it's all 95R

Well if it's not a real R then it's pretty much irrelevant. the authenticity is everything.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
ryclef331 said:
Again, low build numbers are the only reason that car is worth money.

The only reason ANY car is worth money is b/c of

1. It came with a high price tag

2. It has low build numbers.

Any old 60's car that is worth a ton of money now and sold for $3,000 new is only worth money now b/c it either had low numbers or there are not many left. Stop acting like thats the only reason an R is worth any money b/c it is the norm for why any car ever would be worth any money

you're proving what I'm trying to say already.

At the end of the day its all plastic and metal. Nothing is sacred. Chop them all. I'm a firm believer. "If you leave it up to the factory, you're going to be let down."

ryclef331

Reaction score
NC_Mystic said:
i refuse to take any advice or opinion seriously from someone putting a shevy motor in a Ford.

I refuse to take the opinion seriously on automotive taste from ANYONE who still has Cobra R wheels. If I got my hands on a Cobra R, I'd still put a "shevy" motor in it just to make people mad and run circles around the originals. Bottom line is, I'd be damned if I'd EVER buy a car to let it sit. Two approaches to car irritate me. 1) Those who view a car as an "appliance" that helps them in their day to day routine and 2) Those who view a car as an ornament to just sit their and looked at. "Oh but look at the engineering put in to bla bla bla."

Don't talk about it, BE about it. SHOW me what the pig can do. Thats all I'm trying to say.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Venom351R said:
OnyxCobra said:
That's why I said my 95% R bc the only thing I don't have is the white color and the build # for an R. Other then that it's all 95R

Well if it's not a real R then it's pretty much irrelevant. the authenticity is everything.

That's why it's not 100% but it's as close as you can get just without the price tag. If I had the option of having a real 95R body but nothing else being authentic or my situation then I'd take what I have any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Venom351R said:
ryclef331 said:

Any old 60's car that is worth a ton of money now and sold for $3,000 new is only worth money now b/c it either had low numbers or there are not many left. Stop acting like thats the only reason an R is worth any money b/c it is the norm for why any car ever would be worth any money

At the end of the day its all plastic and metal. Nothing is sacred. Chop them all. I'm a firm believer. "If you leave it up to the factory, you're going to be let down."

And it's not that I don't agree with what you are saying just as long as it is applied to all cars and all makes, not bc your just ragging on an R. There are two types of people who don't care about these types of
Cars those who are jealous of what other people have and those who don't see one car any different then the other. One thing to remember is that without cars like the R or other special low build cars the industry and technology would not be
Where it is today. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on this it comes down to personal preference and why you like
Cars and for what reasons. It takes all types
To drive this hobby and industry so there really is no need rag on anyone for their own personal views of why we like
The hobby that even makes this site
Possible

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Venom351R said:
ryclef331 said:
Venom351R said:
ryclef331 said:

And it's not that I don't agree with what you are saying just as long as it is applied to all cars and all makes, not bc your just ragging on an R. There are two types of people who don't care about these types of
Cars those who are jealous of what other people have and those who don't see one car any different then the other. One thing to remember is that without cars like the R or other special low build cars the industry and technology would not be
Where it is today. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on this it comes down to personal preference and why you like
Cars and for what reasons. It takes all types
To drive this hobby and industry so there really is no need rag on anyone for their own personal views of why we like
The hobby that even makes this site
Possible

I dont want to get involved and this is midly off track but hey what the hell.

The stuff that makes YOUR car different Travis, your changing. Your removing the parts that made it "interesting" that made it "special". The guy who did the swap at the factory got the documents and made it happen for your car did something cool, however when you continue to change stuff and go after your goal then you lose what made YOUR car different from the r's and the other ones out there. I give you all the credit in the world for changing it, and driving that car as it should be Travis, you do it more then most ppl here with a "regular" car but what made it special is now leaving. I could give 2 shits what badge a car has on it or how low of build it is. Give me the uglies car (mystic/mystachrome) and Ill strip it and beat the living hell out of it just like my black s box or anyone elses. Its justl ike Ry said, 4 wheels plastic and metal. Thats all they are. I see it daily here at a dealership, we have challengers which are "specail" due to production and options but who gives an s. It does the same thing that my neon does. Steers, stops, starts, hell its even got a radio.

People who have the money and can afford to get a low production/limited car fine. But to me its not special.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
The only thing i have taken off mine was the suspension and anything that was taken off can be pit back on I have not sold anything. As much as you and ry want to fight it you do see
Mustangs as something special and not just 4 wheels metal and plastic and that is true bc you can drive any car at the track yet I don't see either if you racing neons civics or cavaliers. So not all cars are the same not all cars are hunks of metal with 4 wheels

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Venom351R said:
The only thing i have taken off mine was the suspension and anything that was taken off can be pit back on I have not sold anything. As much as you and ry want to fight it you do see
Mustangs as something special and not just 4 wheels metal and plastic and that is true bc you can drive any car at the track yet I don't see either if you racing neons civics or cavaliers. So not all cars are the same not all cars are hunks of metal with 4 wheels

I got a cream puff mustang for $3200, perfect interior and 110k,a few days prior I was test driving a GTO and a 96 Trans am. I could care less, thus why I have gutted the thing and made it pretty much a speciality build.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
You can get cars a lot cheaper then 3200 why didn't ou buy a 1990
Civic for 1000? Why was it that all the cars you just mention all considered performance cars at one point or another? All cars are hunks of metal with 4 wheels right? When are you going to buy and
Race a yugo it's no different then the mustang gto and trans am correct?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Venom351R said:
You can get cars a lot cheaper then 3200 why didn't ou buy a 1990
Civic for 1000? Why was it that all the cars you just mention all considered performance cars at one point or another? All cars are hunks of metal with 4 wheels right? When are you going to buy and
Race a yugo it's no different then the mustang gto and trans am correct?

Find me one thats in good condition and i will :)

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Sell off the other hunks of metal with 4 wheels and go buy one then. As you can see I'm only trying to prove the point that not all cars are the same. They all serve a different purpose for a different reason and that is why some cost more then others. Same goes for you ry, why didn't you drop in a camry
Engine instead of an LS1? Reason being is bc what it came
Out of was just not a hunk of metal with 4 wheels. If that was true it would not matter what engine you put in it

hottwheels04

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
NC_Mystic said:
i refuse to take any advice or opinion seriously from someone putting a shevy motor in a Ford.

I refuse to take the opinion seriously on automotive taste from ANYONE who still has Cobra R wheels. If I got my hands on a Cobra R, I'd still put a "shevy" motor in it just to make people mad and run circles around the originals. Bottom line is, I'd be damned if I'd EVER buy a car to let it sit. Two approaches to car irritate me. 1) Those who view a car as an "appliance" that helps them in their day to day routine and 2) Those who view a car as an ornament to just sit their and looked at. "Oh but look at the engineering put in to bla bla bla."

Don't talk about it, BE about it. SHOW me what the pig can do. Thats all I'm trying to say.

wow!!

Please join ls1tech and cancel your account on here!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Venom351R said:
OnyxCobra said:
Venom351R said:
OnyxCobra said:

That's why it's not 100% but it's as close as you can get just without the price tag. If I had the option of having a real 95R body but nothing else being authentic or my situation then I'd take what I have any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I totally understand, but if i put a Termy drivetrain in my car it doesn't make it an 03 Cobra. Same applies here.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah in a sense but when its done by a major big mustang company and comes with documentation it adds a little more to it. Plus it was more then just the drivetrain there were various prototype parts on this car as well. It was good enough to get a magazine feature with the previous owner so someone must have thought it was pretty cool. Not that 03 Cobra swap motors have not done the same I'm just saying.

NCMystic

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
ryclef331 said:
NC_Mystic said:

wow!!

Please join ls1tech and cancel your account on here!
+1

and ryclef, i only have r's on it because i don't want the shop scruffing up my brand new authentic saleens, jack@ss.

i know a mystic is not as low of a number build as the cobra R's but none the less i drive it like it wronged me in some way and have done whatever i want to it. that is not to say that i don't find something "sacred" in r's, mystics, shelby's.
maybe it's just me but other cars do not evoke the same emotion has mustangs, and it being a cobra or shelby or R just adds to the allure due to it being part of a more refined herritage. i think people have lost perspective, but if you were a kid in 1996 reading about the baddest performance mustang that you could spend your hard earned cash on then that car was a mystic, and i remember that. given, i won't leave hardly anything alone but i believe people will understand why i changed the things i did. and at the end of the day it's still Mystic #1,066.

Some people look at it as ford giving them a starting point to go brutalize pavement, where as others are trying to reclaim treasured memory from their youth and take it for a drive as it was that first exciting time they saw one. i guess i'm a little of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.