1995 cobra R

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryclef331

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
ryclef331 said:
NC_Mystic said:
i refuse to take any advice or opinion seriously from someone putting a shevy motor in a Ford.

I refuse to take the opinion seriously on automotive taste from ANYONE who still has Cobra R wheels. If I got my hands on a Cobra R, I'd still put a "shevy" motor in it just to make people mad and run circles around the originals. Bottom line is, I'd be damned if I'd EVER buy a car to let it sit. Two approaches to car irritate me. 1) Those who view a car as an "appliance" that helps them in their day to day routine and 2) Those who view a car as an ornament to just sit their and looked at. "Oh but look at the engineering put in to bla bla bla."

Don't talk about it, BE about it. SHOW me what the pig can do. Thats all I'm trying to say.

wow!!

Please join ls1tech and cancel your account on here!

Please go swallow a knife!

ryclef331

Reaction score
NC_Mystic said:
95gtjeff said:
ryclef331 said:
NC_Mystic said:
i refuse to take any advice or opinion seriously from someone putting a shevy motor in a Ford.

I refuse to take the opinion seriously on automotive taste from ANYONE who still has Cobra R wheels. If I got my hands on a Cobra R, I'd still put a "shevy" motor in it just to make people mad and run circles around the originals. Bottom line is, I'd be damned if I'd EVER buy a car to let it sit. Two approaches to car irritate me. 1) Those who view a car as an "appliance" that helps them in their day to day routine and 2) Those who view a car as an ornament to just sit their and looked at. "Oh but look at the engineering put in to bla bla bla."

Don't talk about it, BE about it. SHOW me what the pig can do. Thats all I'm trying to say.

wow!!

Please join ls1tech and cancel your account on here!
+1

and ryclef, i only have r's on it because i don't want the shop scruffing up my brand new authentic saleens, jack@ss.

i know a mystic is not as low of a number build as the cobra R's but none the less i drive it like it wronged me in some way and have done whatever i want to it. that is not to say that i don't find something "sacred" in r's, mystics, shelby's.
maybe it's just me but other cars do not evoke the same emotion has mustangs, and it being a cobra or shelby or R just adds to the allure due to it being part of a more refined herritage. i think people have lost perspective, but if you were a kid in 1996 reading about the baddest performance mustang that you could spend your hard earned cash on then that car was a mystic, and i remember that. given, i won't leave hardly anything alone but i believe people will understand why i changed the things i did. and at the end of the day it's still Mystic #1,066.

Some people look at it as ford giving them a starting point to go brutalize pavement, where as others are trying to reclaim treasured memory from their youth and take it for a drive as it was that first exciting time they saw one. i guess i'm a little of both.

Whats the point of buying wheels that you're too afraid to drive on? To call a fancy overpriced paint scheme "the baddest" compared to other cobras of the same year is well...funny. Remember I'm not knocking you for modding your car...at all.

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
He already posted pics

I can post pics of someone elses car and say its mine.

I will apologize if you prove me otherwise.

Even my crappy phone shoots video. Whatever took those nice pics you showed us should shoot a video.

$30k car, in someone elses garage,

you can only get to on the weekends,

a few pics,

Seems fishy.

NCMystic

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Whats the point of buying wheels that you're too afraid to drive on? To call a fancy overpriced paint scheme "the baddest" compared to other cobras of the same year is well...funny. Remember I'm not knocking you for modding your car...at all.

the Cobra was the baddest Ford had to offer in 1996, and with it's brand new modular 32v v8 it was the most technically advanced performance mustang Ford had made to date. And as a way of visualizing the signifigance of this new Cobra and motor the Mystic was made, to showcase the technology.

and as for the wheels, i'm not afraid to drive on a damn thing, i just felt like waiting untill my blower motor is done and the car is back on the road to put them on rather than running out and buying tires to get mounted on wheels that would be sitting in my driveway, let alone the fact that it is parked on a gravel covered incline.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
NC_Mystic said:
ryclef331 said:

the Cobra was the baddest Ford had to offer in 1996, and with it's brand new modular 32v v8 it was the most technically advanced performance mustang Ford had made to date. And as a way of visualizing the signifigance of this new Cobra and motor the Mystic was made, to showcase the technology.
That motor had been out since the early 90's in a Lincoln .....slight differences but the major assembly was unchanged.

OP
OP
P

panther007

ok ive had enough! the reason the car is in my bosses garage is. I live on a dirt road and I dont have a Garage ! my boss is nice enough to let me keep stuff in one of his garage bays.and another thing he lent me money on the car so i could buy it! would you non believers drive a cobraR up a rural mountain dirt road? i guess not! as for posting taking pictures of someone elses car? what makes me think that those pictures of the cars you call yours are really yours? see how this works!!!!

CompOrangeSN95

Reaction score
The 1995 cobra R is gorgeous, I don't blame you for keeping it in your bosses garage and don't understand why everyone is criticizing you... it's fucking sweet, nice buy man and enjoy the ride!!! :thumbsup:

ItsASleeperTillItStartsUp

Reaction score
panther007 said:
ok ive had enough! the reason the car is in my bosses garage is. I live on a dirt road and I dont have a Garage ! my boss is nice enough to let me keep stuff in one of his garage bays.and another thing he lent me money on the car so i could buy it! would you non believers drive a cobraR up a rural mountain dirt road? i guess not! as for posting taking pictures of someone elses car? what makes me think that those pictures of the cars you call yours are really yours? see how this works!!!!

I would not worry about the doubters. Again, I have been sticking up for you the whole time, and I really don't think a man of your age would be lying about having the car you now own (1995 Cobra R). I don't know how these guys expect you to prove that the car is really yours. Picture of title...we don't know your real name. Picture of your online name on a piece of paper next to the car with a picture of you....then they will say you are just next to your bosses car. I would say, if you own the car, who gives a sh:t about what some people on the internet believe or not. There is always going to be Haters and or Disbelievers. If you happen to take a video one day great, if not it's alright. Even though it seems you can get Digital Cameras and Video Recorders today pretty cheap for easy post of videos. Either way, I am not one of the doubters and I hope you enjoy your 1995 Cobra R regardless if people believe you have it or not.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't imagine buying cars and having to store them somewhere else because I didn't want to drive them home. Seems a bit weird to me.

NCMystic

Reaction score
i can't blame ya' there buddy, if i was able to store my mystic in a safe dry place right now i would.

but really, is there any chance of a photo op with the R and the Mystic? maybe your boss would be willing to bring the 2k R out as well? i honestly would be willing to pay, i've wanted to see a photo of both sn95 R's and a mystic for years.

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
NC_Mystic said:

I refuse to take the opinion seriously on automotive taste from ANYONE who still has Cobra R wheels.

Please tell me your kidding. Is it keep up with auto fashion with the latest wheels around here?

ryclef331

Reaction score
T-5 Killer said:
ryclef331 said:
NC_Mystic said:

I refuse to take the opinion seriously on automotive taste from ANYONE who still has Cobra R wheels.

Please tell me your kidding. Is it keep up with auto fashion with the latest wheels around here?

No i'm not kidding. I call them "Me too" wheels. Thanks for playing though

NCMystic

Reaction score
says the guy who used to have centercaps that say "fuck ls1" and is now putting a shevy motor in his mustang. and at the end of the day i got those R's with tires for less than the price of 4 new tires on the shitty 20's my cobra came with when i got a flat just after buying the car.

maybe if you want to act so vindicated in your ideals based on little to no information you should at least stick with what you say, when you act like a jerk about something you just flip flopped on it makes you look like even more of an ass.

and the reason those wheels are "me too" wheels is because the 95 cobra R was sick and everyone wants a little slice of mustang heritage, congrats to panther on driving the dream of many.

ryclef331

Reaction score
NC_Mystic said:
says the guy who used to have centercaps that say "f*ck ls1" and is now putting a shevy motor in his mustang. and at the end of the day i got those R's with tires for less than the price of 4 new tires on the shitty 20's my cobra came with when i got a flat just after buying the car.

maybe if you want to act so vindicated in your ideals based on little to no information you should at least stick with what you say, when you act like a jerk about something you just flip flopped on it makes you look like even more of an a*s.

and the reason those wheels are "me too" wheels is because the 95 cobra R was sick and everyone wants a little slice of mustang heritage, congrats to panther on driving the dream of many.

Yeah sure dude. Don't know where in NC you're from but where I'M FROM in NC, people got the centercap joke....and it was just that....a joke. The ones that didn't get it...were usually the bolt on crowd and couldn't match the cars performance to begin with...so it worked well on all levels. Any OTHER stabs you care to toss at me? Then I soon realized, everyone and their mother was going to have FR500s so off they came.

NCMystic

Reaction score
some people buy things because they like them regardless of what other people think or what is popular at that moment. . .

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Again bro. Not trying to be a dick. Just saying. Something just doesnt seem right. I keep saying I could be wrong but I just dont feel like its yours.

My car is just a GT. I have pics from before I even owned it. if I had an R, no way it would be at someone elses house even if they loaned me the cash. Dirt /rock driveway or whatever. If there arent 2 foot deep holes in the road then it shouldnt be a problem. You drive your GT up and down it, so explain to me the difference?

The reason I suspect it is actually your boss's car. Well he owns a Ford GT and a 2000 R, Sure seems to fit with his collection.

We have all proven we own our cars by the countless pictures, videos and threads about them.

I dont need to see a title but a video of you driving the car would prove me wrong wouldnt it? I dont see the problem.

I am not hating. If it is your car then I would actually envy you.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
NC_Mystic said:
some people buy things because they like them regardless of what other people think or what is popular at that moment. . .

That's what I base a decision on when I buy anything, it's how much I personally like it. Not based on an internet pole of who else has what I like. When it comes down to it there are no popular wheels in my area other then maybe bullits and those would be my last choice

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
:happy1:

This is was a funny read, I enjoyed it. Who cares if it's his or not? Thats a hota$$ garage I'd love to who, I don't care who's it is. If it makes his e-penis bigger by stating that someone else's stuff is his, so be it, if he indeed does own it, all the power to him. I understand Ryclef's point, and I am going to piss a LOT of mystichrome termy owners off when I finally get mine. I will be driving it as my DD from the time the snow melts until the snow comes again. I don't buy a car to look at, I buy a mustang to race and drive. Who cares who has what rims too? Limited rims look good on mustangs, so most go with the same rims. Ryclef is also doing the "me too" swap. Everyone and their dog swaps an LSx engine into something. I'm waiting for the LSx engine swapped weed-wacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online