1995 Saleen clone rebuild

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Ordered a new crank from Scat. Going to take a at least a month to get here. Then off to the machine shop to get balanced. Hoping to have the engine back in the car by mid July , so the kid can get some racing in this year.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
I replaced a pro products 75mm one with a bbk 80mm one. Still surging.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Added a 6al box to the car so we can run the 2 step we picked up.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Got the 2 step wired in. Don't think my neighbor was to happy hearing the car at sitting on the 2 step at 4000.....lol.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Ordered a new flywheel for the car today. When the engine was built a new flywheel was put in the car , always had a vibration to the car. Well it turns out the flywheel is a 50oz one instead of the 28oz needed.
Found a set of aftermarket cobra headlights for the car.

joemomma

Reaction score
Ordered a new flywheel for the car today. When the engine was built a new flywheel was put in the car , always had a vibration to the car. Well it turns out the flywheel is a 50oz one instead of the 28oz needed.
Found a set of aftermarket cobra headlights for the car.

What headlights did you get? Mine could use replacement.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
What headlights did you get? Mine could use replacement.
I'm not sure what brand they they are. We got them used. I would imagine there isn't much difference between the companies offering them.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Well it appears I might have jumped the gun on thinking , the motor has a rod knock. Found a bolt from the bellhousing laying under the car. I could wiggle the plate that goes between the block and the tranny. Also hooked up a mechincal oil pressure gauge , it shows roughly 55 - 60 psi cold and just under 50 psi hot.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
So I'm almost 100% sure we are going to install a holley terminator x into the car. The car already has a sct chip in it , the only tuner I found around here that comes highly recommended , wants a $1000.00 for a new chip(doesn't use sct) , and is 10hrs round trip away. The terminator kit is $1700.00.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Got the flywheel changed , car runs nice and smooth now. Got the steeda double adjustable uppers and the sve lower arms installed. Installed a set of flowmaster flow fx mufflers. They are the same muffler as a magnaflow , but basically half the price. Sorry no sound clip or pics. I will try to get a sound clip soon.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So I'm almost 100% sure we are going to install a holley terminator x into the car. The car already has a sct chip in it , the only tuner I found around here that comes highly recommended , wants a $1000.00 for a new chip(doesn't use sct) , and is 10hrs round trip away. The terminator kit is $1700.00.
are you planning on tuning yourself or do your local tuners use holley?

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
So the local 1/8 mile track opened up this past weekend. Figured it was the perfect time to give the 2 step and control arms a work out. We did 4 complete runs the kid did 3 and ran 10.2 , 10.3 ,10.4. I made one run at 9.2. The kid gets the car staged for his 4th run of the day. He does his burn out , stages the car , gets it up on the 2 step , goes to launch the car(4000 rpm clutch drop on drag radials) , hears a bang from the back end of the car , it doesn't move. Get the car towed back to the pits , car wont move under its own power , driver's tire just kinda wobbles , passenger tire does not move at all. Haven't pulled anything apart yet , but i'm thinking we broke the driver's side axle cause of the wobble it does. Found a 31 spline diff for the car from a buddy of mine , so I ordered a set of moser 31 spline axles for the car. Pretty expensive lesson about stock axles , drag radials and 4000 rpm clutch drops.....lol. Hoping to have the car fixed and ready to race first part of July.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online