1996 Mustang Gt aka Zeus

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
d9e8135b5b0243ef39efefefddbd3a16.jpg
fc25d64218235273bf22b0f8c7a4835c.jpg
shocks are in! Will be doing rotors and lowering springs and quad shocks within the next couple of weeks, and repainting the calipers. These konis look so sick! That orange pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Put the x pipe on last night as well and WOW this things sounds so good even with stock mufflers! Really smoothed the idle of the car and you could really feel the difference. Definitely made some people turn their heads last night!

98snakehorse

Reaction score
This reminds me of when I just got my car and started throwing parts at it. Its a great feeling but be careful. Its addictive and can turn into something you didn't expect!

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
This reminds me of when I just got my car and started throwing parts at it. Its a great feeling but be careful. Its addictive and can turn into something you didn't expect!

Haha yeah man I keep telling myself not to go overboard but then again The little voice in the back of my head keeps saying buy one more thing haha

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
No more progress yet on the car. I’m in the process of getting a truck because the 2vs been a huge headache lately. I went back and forth on the idea of going pi swap and run that while I build the non pi motor on the side and boost it this winter. But now I figured I’d park the car when I get my truck yank the motor and build up the suspension, new rotors struts caster camera plates quad shocks ball joints k member front and back control arms etc and build the motor as well. Boss rods stock crank/block forged pistons (stock bore) have 96black clean up the stock heads etc good cams new tensionser and guides from mmr edlebrock intake long tubes and the rest of the bolt ons

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Well the old 2v has had enough, the bottom end is knocking. Time to start looking for a pi motor for the time being.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Yeah what timing to :/ slight knock when I rev it up hasn’t felt good either these past few days. Losing oil pressure as well. I’m looking forward to swapping it with a pi motor and building this one up for the time being

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Might go ahead and slap some cams and headers on the pi motor while I have it out

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Pi swap it is, just looking for a motor. Does anybody have any input on this swap? I’ve read that you have to swap oil pan valve covers and timing cover from your npi engine to the pi motor. Other than that is it just bolt in and go? How’s it work with stock computer

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Update on the car: I found a motor out of an 01 Gt For it. But The car is a real pos right now. The motor fell on its face the midpipe is rubbing somewhere, the front is squeaking (ball joints) something’s rattling in the back, my abs wire I believe is cut, and now the transmission is spitting fluid from the pan. So I’ve decided since I’m pulling the old motor anyways I’d go ahead and slap in a tubular k member with good control arms and good bushings then work out all the little kinks. Anybody have any k members or control arms they’d recommend?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If youre looking for a budget setup, go with UPR. Ill warn you though, there may be some fitment issues and youll need their bolt kit. If you are looking for the best of the best, go with Maximum Motorsports. Their setup is top notch, but it comes with a price tag.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Team z makes quality set ups for good pricing

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
What kind of fittment issues? And the mm are sick but I don’t think I’m trying to drop that much just yet. Evilcw do you run a team z ?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The issue I had with my upr was the welds hit the shoulders on the bolts. Thats why you have to run their bolt kit. Then the coil over kit was loose on the strut body. Good thing about UPR though, you can get spring perches and run stock springs with stock control arms. Trust me, I am not an advocate for the UPR k member, but it is a reasonably priced solution to this question.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of fittment issues? And the mm are sick but I don’t think I’m trying to drop that much just yet. Evilcw do you run a team z ?

I have one I’m selling but it’s for pushrods. I changed direction with my build after buying mine.

I have a couple guys local who have them and have no complaints. That’s why I bought my standard one and I’m gonna but their auto-x version once I sell this one

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Thanks! Are you running the team z control arms with it and coil overs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlmobile636

Members online