200,000 mile GT build

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
Picked up a new filter (#RU-2510) for Procharger. it fits the intake tube better and also fits right on the P1SC. Soooo what's everyone's thoughts... Intake tube or filter right on the blower?

51753076882_670a7bc58b_o.jpg

51754143503_39a315c7d6_o.jpg

Gregomatic

Reaction score
The filter looks fine and works fine right on the blower, but I get a feeling it's pulling in a little cooler air over by the wheel well.
May not make an appreciable difference, but the little stuff does add up.
I kinda like the looks of shiny ducts too, but that's prolly the steampunk in me taklin'.
LOL

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
Just when I told myself i was giving up on trying to find a Bullitt intake manifold at a reasonable price, i come across a good deal on one! And I can't decide if I should pull the trigger or not.

The guy is asking $400 for it and comes with stock throttle body, JLT intake tube (can't use with Intercooler piping) IAC, some hardware. I've done a ton of research and the swap seems to be a bit of a PITA simply because Ford stopped making a few items. Mainly the throttle cable, 4v style alternator connector harness and the coolant cross over tube that goes under the intake manifold. Besides that it seems to be just like a regular intake manifold install.

I have a 1997 Cobra throttle & Cruise cable that I kept from when I parted out my Cobra. I find conflicting info as to if the 96-98 Cobra throttle & cruise cables will work on a Bullitt intake or not?

The coolant cross over I am not that worried about, I'll just cut the stock one and use a quality high temp rubber coolant hose with some band clamps.

The 4v style alternator swap is another small issue. They use to make a nice plug and play pigtail that would convert the 2v alternator connector to a 4v. That's long gone, so the only option is to splice in the 4v connector. Not a big deal I guess.

I think my biggest concern is if my P1SC pulley will have enough clearance with the 4v style alternator seeing as it is already very close with the stock 2v setup. I haven't been able to find anything online about this sooo no news is good news?

What would you guys do? take the risk of the P1SC interfering or pass on it and just run the stock setup?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I think the 4v alternator has a smaller case than the 2v, that might gain you a little clearance. The throttle cable from the cobra SHOULD work, I can’t be 100% sure on that though. Worst case scenario, you just make a new bracket for the cobra cable.

My opinion, I think you should do it. But I do crazy things sometimes lol

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
I think the 4v alternator has a smaller case than the 2v, that might gain you a little clearance. The throttle cable from the cobra SHOULD work, I can’t be 100% sure on that though. Worst case scenario, you just make a new bracket for the cobra cable.

My opinion, I think you should do it. But I do crazy things sometimes lol

Im doing it lol! Made plans to meet the guy this weekend

I thought about it some more and I've always wanted a Bullitt intake just could never justify the prices they typically bring. it'll not only add some power with the P1sc but also eliminate the potential cracking issues with the stock PI intake. Plus it just looks so cool lol. Fingers crossed the 4v alternator isnt an issue

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
Picked up the Bullitt intake manifold today!

I think it was a pretty good deal, $400 for the manifold, hardware, JLT intake. the guy found the thermostat housing (apparently Bullitt specific?) and even threw in the fuel lines and some coil packs and an EGR valve. The finish on the manifold looks damn near brand new! Not sure if the guy had it painted or what but it looks great. The more I look at the JLT intake the more I wonder if i can use it as part of the intercooler piping? I dont really see why not other than the fact that it is a larger diameter (4" I think) and the fact that its painted Dark Highland Green. Might have to paint it satin black to match the engine bay.

I found out that PA performance makes a 4v to 2v alternator plug and play harness. it's pricey but I'll pay for plug and play versus splicing any day of the week.

Now to order that harness adapter and a 4v alternator!

51795379836_27f875eaf8_o.jpg

51795379791_af0c7003bf_o.jpg

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
That is awesome. I’ve always loved the bullitt intake. They look so good. When do you think you’ll be getting it assembled?

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
That is awesome. I’ve always loved the bullitt intake. They look so good. When do you think you’ll be getting it assembled?
Hopefully this weekend or next! I might make a how-to thread or even make a video on the swap simply because when I was trying to research the swap i got a lot of conflicting info or just outdated info since a lot of the parts have been discontinued.

Venompower

Reaction score
Great choice, to many people develop cracks especially under boost on the composite intakes, no problem with that now!

07GtS197

Reaction score
I almost got one for my 00 gt a few months ago. I saw the list of little things I needed and was overwhelmed. If you have everything I’m sure you’ll be fine but it’s the little stuff that’ll get you.

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
that was a good deal...

Thanks I thought so as well lol

Great choice, to many people develop cracks especially under boost on the composite intakes, no problem with that now!

Shouldn't have to worry about that issue anymore!

I almost got one for my 00 gt a few months ago. I saw the list of little things I needed and was overwhelmed. If you have everything I’m sure you’ll be fine but it’s the little stuff that’ll get you.

Yeah I still am a little overwhelmed with the swap as well but I think I have or at least know of everything that is needed. My biggest issues will be the throttle cable if the 1997 cobra cable doesn't work and the coolant tube that runs under the manifold. The coolant tube im not worried about. I'll just use a high temp coolant hose and run it straight to the heater core. the throttle cable.. im not sure, might have to bite the bullet on a Bullitt specific cable, or even go to a local machine shop and have them make me something.

Only other thing i can think might be an issue is the vacuum hose routing, that is just going to be a guessing game and going off of pictures i can find online.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Are you going to run an egr? I’ve heard that the tube is different. And the clearance around the oil filler neck is going to be tight. And if you want to keep cruise control the gt linkage might not work. Overall I think you got it though.

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
Are you going to run an egr? I’ve heard that the tube is different. And the clearance around the oil filler neck is going to be tight. And if you want to keep cruise control the gt linkage might not work. Overall I think you got it though.

I was planning on keeping the EGR, that was in the back of my mind that it might be different. I'll cross that bridge when I get there lol. The oil fill I should be okay with as I have the 01-04 style valve covers (Windsor PI heads.) They have the fill neck still on the passenger side but it is almost flush with the valve cover, just like this video shows it - click here. Worst case I have to remove some of the intercooler piping to add oil. I want to keep cruise control so sourcing the correct throttle and cruise cable will be a challenge if the cable I kept from my 1997 cobra doesn't work. I have seen that the 3.8 v6 throttle cable seems to work, who knows.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Also, check in to the panther platform cars (crown Vic, marquis, Lincoln town car) the throttle cable will likely work from one of those. I’ve also been curious if one could remove the cable from the cruise control module and make a longer cable for that.

Since you mentioned it though, the v6 stuff could probably work since it is longer than the 4.6 stuff.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Just kinda a throwback question.
Did you ever warm up to the looks of the silver control arms?
Your underside may be black but it seems to me if anyone did catch a glimpse of the arms, it would kinda make it pop.
I wanted to keep all of my engine bay semi gloss black. But after having to put on a couple of things I couldn't find in anything but chrome, I've warmed to it a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online