2004 WRX Build Thread

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I like the wingless look on these cars the best. Cleaned right up nice!

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Are you planning on drilling your trunk for the sti wing or finding a new one? I think there is an excessive amount of holes needed for the sti wing

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Are you planning on drilling your trunk for the sti wing or finding a new one? I think there is an excessive amount of holes needed for the sti wing
I'm just going to drill the holes, I think it's only 6 holes so it's not too bad.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Hey are you interested in selling the wing? and if so, where are you located?
This is my wifes '06 - pretty much stock except for K&N and a 3" cat back, and some NGKs - she's always liked the wings, well the short ones like that - not the huge STI wings.
photo1_zpsb194bfea.jpg

Tabres

Reaction score
Welcome to the Scooby family. I've been daily driving a 05 STi for about 5 years now. Had a few things on it when I bought it, kept some, ditched others, threw on a nice TBE exhaust and some nice suspension on it and protuned it. Absolutely love the thing. Can't think of anything else I'd rather have for a daily.

Old ass picture when I bought it. Don't know why I never took any updated pictures of it...

sti%201.jpg

Looks like it will be a nice car after you get it all cleaned up and sorted. I'll be interested to see how you like the BC coil-overs. They're kind of a bargain setup...

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Hey are you interested in selling the wing? and if so, where are you located?
This is my wifes '06 - pretty much stock except for K&N and a 3" cat back, and some NGKs - she's always liked the wings, well the short ones like that - not the huge STI wings.
photo1_zpsb194bfea.jpg

I would love to sell the wing, but I'm sure shipping would be outrageous. I'm in NC, so it would have to be shipped across the country. :(

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I picked up an STI wing today for $60. I don't know how I'm going to get it painted, but I'll figure it out later.

I couldn't resist sitting it on the trunk.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Im just gonna move to NC and sit in your garage and watch all the nice ass cars roll through there. It looks so warm there too...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looks tits wingless, even better with the STi wing. You gonna tint that fishbowl? You got that for a good price, especially with all the goodies that came with it too

Addermk2

Reaction score
Do yourself a HUGE favor, and don't install the VF turbo until you have some means of tuning the car... Like a Cobb Accessport, or an Openport 2.0.

If you decide to go the open source tuning route, hit me up.

I swear, I know NOTHING about Subarus..

HPIM0892.jpg

Addermk2

Reaction score
Also, FWIW... you should sell the SPT intake and put a stock setup back on. The SPT short ram is actually slightly smaller in diameter then the stock intake, which causes the car to run richer when not tuned. It will also decrease the useable resolution of the stock MAF meter, and will usually peg them around 275g/s of airflow.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Looks tits wingless, even better with the STi wing. You gonna tint that fishbowl? You got that for a good price, especially with all the goodies that came with it too

Thanks! I probably won't tint it or any car but the Mustang. At the rate I'm going through cars right now it's just money down the drain.. I will probably sell this thing before the summer is over honestly lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Also, FWIW... you should sell the SPT intake and put a stock setup back on. The SPT short ram is actually slightly smaller in diameter then the stock intake, which causes the car to run richer when not tuned. It will also decrease the useable resolution of the stock MAF meter, and will usually peg them around 275g/s of airflow.

I definitely don't plan on doing a single thing to the car until I have an Accessport. These cars are Way too delicate to throw parts at without a tune. I'll leave the intake, I'd much rather have it running too rich than too lean.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks! I probably won't tint it or any car but the Mustang. At the rate I'm going through cars right now it's just money down the drain.. I will probably sell this thing before the summer is over honestly lol

Damn haha. I though this was relevant!
king-of-cars.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online