2004 WRX Build Thread

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I painted the window trim today, it has been bothering me since the first time I saw the car. It was the first thing I noticed about the car actually.

Before

After a coat or two

And after.

I also did a little wetsanding and buffing on the wing, it looks good enough to get me by for a while.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got my used Accessport today. I'm also getting offers to buy the car on a daily basis, It's crazy how many people want this car.

410sn95

Reaction score
awww... should have left wingless. A STI or EVO wingless but dumped with real meats looks like the biznass.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Eh I'm up in the air on the wing. I'll just have to see once I get it on some wheels. Right now I think it desperately needed it because it was so boring looking without it. It turns way more heads now than before the wing.

lutter94

Reaction score
IMG_2972_zps36589d89.jpg

Are you going to paint the rest of the trim around the top of the doors? Seems as though it used to be gloss black, you painted one piece flat black, and it has a nasty transition almost at the center of the door......

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
IMG_2972_zps36589d89.jpg

Are you going to paint the rest of the trim around the top of the doors? Seems as though it used to be gloss black, you painted one piece flat black, and it has a nasty transition almost at the center of the door......

nope thats the way every subie I've seen in person looks. That piece is always flat black and matched the lower window trim.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got my exhaust today. I paid exactly $200 for everything pictured. I just don't see how these companies can manufacture this much stuff for that cheap. The quality is amazing so far, but I'll know for sure if it's a steal after I install it. So far I can't believe it.

How it came packaged.

Silencer will most likely not be used.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks guys, so far I'm still amazed at the price. And yes that silencer will not be used, it looks like crap lol

I started the install today after work.

Intercooler off

Heat shield off. This *****... **** that thing.

Some of the carnage... Yes almost every bolt snapped as I expected. Oh well, the shield wasn't going back on anyways.

No more stock exhaust!

Both motor mounts loosened and I raised the motor up a few inches.

The up-pipe is finally out. This motherfukcer fought me hard for about 4 hours. I finally got that ***** out. I'm surprised I didn't snap any of the bolts/studs on the turbo, thank God.

I couldn't resist hanging the axle-back

New up pipe in place. I didn't tighten it down or anything as I was tired as hell from working on cars from 7:00 until 7:00. I left the car and I'll finish it tomorrow.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Youre going to want to put a heatshield back in there. it keeps a tremendous amount of heatsoak off the intercooler.

the stock shield can be cut a trimmed to fit your new DP... OR I could sell you the Cusco heat shield I have sitting on my shelf.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Youre going to want to put a heatshield back in there. it keeps a tremendous amount of heatsoak off the intercooler.

the stock shield can be cut a trimmed to fit your new DP... OR I could sell you the Cusco heat shield I have sitting on my shelf.

I guess what I meant to say was I'll leave it off for a while until I find the time to modify/clean it up. I'll probably tackle it before the hot summer days get here, as that's probably the only time I'd feel the effects of not having it.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got the rest of the exhaust on today. Everything went pretty smooth.

JDM angled exhaust yo

And a sound clip. Not the best sounding, but hey for $200 I'm happy.

[video=youtube;lc0186ta2cY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc0186ta2cY[/video]

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good for an ebay exhaust. Does it feel much different?

Those heat shield bolts are a PITA to get off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.