2v Intake's

jpajkos

Reaction score
Hey for those who heard or seen the P51 intake what do you think about it. I want to get a new intake for the car. tired of the PI intake. I've seen the P51 and Logan motor sport intake. Im willing to shell out the money for these intakes. IMO and alot of people agree with me that the buillt intake is worth the money. The logan intake and p51 claim to add over 28-34 rwhp over the buillt. The look of them isn't all that but I don't care. I need some honest opinions here. I will be having the heads ported for the VT stage 2 cams. Im ready to get this on the new motor that I have. Thanks for any input you guys.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you are willing to pay the cash then get one, but i think i will wait for the trick flow one to come out.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The P-51 is very nice, i almost bought one but found the deal i did for my blower and bought that instead. It will gain power over the Bullit NA but not much and they do about the same blown...

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
VT says it gained on avg 23-34 over the buillt NA with a few mods such as bolt ons and cams. Seems pretty good to me. I want to see what the trick flow will put out hopefully its worth waiting for. With stage 2 cams and a ported intake I was hoping to see gains at around 50 rwhp.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have read in some mags that the P51s are only good on cars with ported heads and fairly big cams :dunno:

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
The p-51 likes high rpm. I got an actual dyno on it in a book. I will have to check it out and post results. They are too expensive. If you can wait bbk, trick flow, dragon, vri, and a few other companies have stuff coming out early and mid time this year. Dont go with the typhoon from proffesional junk. They have had alot of problems out of them. :drunk:

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i personally would not do anything but a simple PI Intake unless i planned on building up the motor

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty spendy, and last time i saw it, it had mostly high RPM gains. :dunno:

Daywalker

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
i personally would not do anything but a simple PI Intake unless i planned on building up the motor

Big plus one from me on this one. NONE of these aftermarket intakes are making any kinda power on N/A set-ups. They're great if you're blown, but the minimal improvements over the stock PI intake don't warrant the price on a N/A set-up. Good luck...

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
Daywalker said:
blown97stanger said:

Big plus one from me on this one. NONE of these aftermarket intakes are making any kinda power on N/A set-ups. They're great if you're blown, but the minimal improvements over the stock PI intake don't warrant the price on a N?A set-up. Good luck...

I have the dyno chart right here on the vri intake. The short runner made 75 hp, and the long runner made 36 hp on the engine dyno. They still are not through messing with the intake yet(well at least the time it was dynoed).

I agree that the typhoon is a piece of junk. The trick flow is suppose to perform like the bullit with just a few more horses. I am waiting to see what BBK does. I hope it does more than there 5.0 manifold does. :drunk:

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
I have plans building a motor please see my signature. This car will be blown at a later date but I've seen the P.I. Intake's blow up. Just ask Dalamar. I will wait to see what other companies do this spring/summer but I want something alot more durable and something that I can port.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Gtnut1996 said:
I have the dyno chart right here on the vri intake. The short runner made 75 hp, and the long runner made 36 hp on the engine dyno. They still are not through messing with the intake yet(well at least the time it was dynoed).

VRI intake? Where can I find more info about this VRI Intake?

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Gtnut1996 said:

I got the book building 4.6/5.4L Ford horsepower on the dyno. i picked it up at my local books a million. has actual dynos on some motor builds, and alot of parts. if you have a modular motor i do reccomend the book. Shaun Hyland and Richard Holdener done the testing. Richard Holdener is the author.

there is supposely a pi and non pi vri coming out. the test i seen was on the pi. the thing looks awesome.

Daywalker

Reaction score
I think I've seen it, some kinda funky alien lookin thing right? It doesn't look like it clears a stock hood, and it looks to require a different type of CAI too..... :nonono:

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
the long runner wouldnt clear a stock hood at the time. they are working on it and still tuning it. the old version had two throttle bodies. the new one will have a single.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
this may have been already mentioned but wasnt that for FI more than NA?

Plummod96

Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Gtnut1996 said:

The "Redheaded Step Child"mustang in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords,is where the development started on this VRI intake.Cool insight here! http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/projectcars/mmfp_0609_1996_ford_mustang_gt/

This the intake I'm looking to get for sure.I think it will work best with my setup so far!

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
the manifold I have seen tested on pi heads looks alot different than the npi one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213