'94 Convertible V6 Build

Discussion in 'Build Ups & Projects' started by 94MustangGirl, Jul 22, 2015.

1. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Hello all. Recently got a white 1994 V6 Convertible that needs some work. Thankfully it was originally a southern car so the thing is Mint & rust free!! So far we've just overhaul cleaned the interior, done a tune up & minor touch ups. Poor thing is gonna need so much more though. Something is cracked in the engine (I forget what hubby said, it runs & drives ok though so nothing too big, its from an overheating problem), it needs a new tranny (I got a shake in my tranny), it needs new visors, a new front bumper (cuz this one looks like it went through a demo derby then got fixed with white out), there's a hole in either side of the soft top that needs patching & I have a broken vent (the interior one ac/heat blows outta). Everything else is minor detail fixes (upgrading the stereo, paint job, accessories, replacing the body kit & hood, maybe replace the door panels we mickey moused). Hope to get things done ASAP but money is kinda tight so doing best we can as quick as we can. Don't need much help mechanically cuz my hubby is a mechanic who's owned his fair share of these. Just more looking for support, the occasional advice (I probably won't follow, sorry lol), parts for good prices in my area && looking for fellow SN95s in the area to make friends with. Thanks :D I can't seem to get the pics to work, on my phone & its giving me hassle).

2. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Nasty Carpet Before
    [​IMG]

Pulled up the nasty carpet to wash it. Loooving having a southern car![​IMG]

All better
    [​IMG]

Broken door panel & yucky sticker residue
    [​IMG]

Mickey moused screwed back together & all cleaned up
    [​IMG]

Rims aren't in too bad of shape. Hubby painted the brakes my fave color when he replaced them :D
    [​IMG]

Being cheeky lol
    [​IMG]

She loooves mommy's Mustang
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After putting the interior back together after cleaning & after pulling the door trim off (& cleaning up the adhesive) but before the tune up & replacing the brakes & balancing the tires
    [​IMG]

3. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Finally took a recent, updated pic today. Topless Thursday? Ugh I hate that I didn't notice the door was hack repainted so when I pulled the trim off I pulled the paint up -_-

[​IMG]

4. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Cool project to get started on. Southern cars are really nice to get ahold of unless they've been flooded! Judging by the pictures, the car was headed down a rough road. Im glad to see someone getting it and breathing some life back into it. Make sure to keep us updated and take lots of pictures.

5. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Yeah car was Nuts clean of rust but it did have some gross rotting leaves in the sides under the back seat. Stupid woman before me was destroying this beautiful canvas of a car! Been working hard to get it back on track to a proper car (though I might satin black it lol). I DO take tons of pics but my issue is is I'm on my phone (the laptop blew up essentially) so I gotta keep switching from this to my photobucket app, copying a link then switching back to this, pasting it & starting over lol.

6. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Here's his good side lol
    [​IMG]

New sticker (driver's side 1/4 window)
    [​IMG]

7. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

I would ditch the aftermarket spoiler for an OEM junkyard one.

8. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

I appreciate the suggestion but I actually like this spoiler... I AM open to changing it but there's not many I like. Basically if I could put the Mach 1 bumpers/scoop (yes I know its attached to motor if real Mach 1)/wing on this then I'd be happy... I want an '04 this is just what we could afford but its close enough so I'm happy with it

9. Jgehret

Jgehret Member

Ive seen that spoiler before on SN's. On the underside it should say made in Austria. A ford logo and a ford part number.

10. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

OK? Why would I need to check that?

11. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

You don't, he's just saying it's not aftermarket. I know I'd seen it before. But not very often......Idk what the story is on it, or where it originated.

12. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Ohhh. Yeah idk either. I like the wing I have though. Unless someone can show me a pic of a diff one that I like I appreciate the suggestion to remove it but my preferability is to keep it :)

13. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

So I sanded & painted up the bumper. We're eventually gonna replace it so it wasn't done to perfection just to fix it up from what it was. Also touched up the peel spot on the door && made my running pony the Kawasaki green its gonna stay :D

All sanded up
    [​IMG]

Much better!
    [​IMG]

Its too close to the building to get a better pic right now
    [​IMG]

My fave color! I'm gonna add pops of it all over when we paint it :D
    [​IMG]

All done!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Granted this doesn't show the damage we temp fixed on the door but I made up some compare shots of first day I got him & today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. BOOOSTD

BOOOSTD Active Member

The bumper looks way better. Keep it going!

16. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Thanks. We're gonna replace it eventually but I just got sick of looking at it the way it was. They aren't the best paint jobs on it or the door & could prolly use a bit of touch up but sooo much more tolerable than it was :)

17. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Had to move him so took a pic for a comparison shot of damaged to painted. It could use a little touch up as its not painted as we thought once it dried but its still sooo much better with both repainted in primer

[​IMG]

18. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Here's some before & afters of the clean up we did

Had to screw it back together & clean the stickers off
    [​IMG]

Omg sooo much cleaner, still has a few spots but come on, it'd be a miracle if it didn't lol
    [​IMG]

OK so I know with the car white nobody is a fan of the green running pony but a) they had over spray on it that was obnoxious & b) it'll look better when I paint the car satin black, just gotta be patient
    [​IMG]

19. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

New stuff came in. Guess you get what you pay for. Bad instructions, didn't warn covers are in 2 pieces, didn't warn you needed to remove the back seat to install, floor mats were industrial stapled together & a mofo to take apart. Plus the "s hooks" sucked to use, might've been given wrong ones. Also ran into the issue of more elastic loops on one side & less/none on the other side. Will eventually remove back seat to properly install cover. Ugh. Not looking forward to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl New Member

Decided to finally paint my mini me stang... Came out like crap, gonna have to repaint. But I tools pics anyways (it got a big scratch in the hood, paint too thick?, after the pics so I Have to repaint lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]