94IVGT Winter Build

dafizuck

Reaction score
Holy shit balls... that may be the best thing I have heard in my entire life. Nice work man... that thing is freakin nuts.

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
thanks man now to get some miles on her and down to the dyno on the 8th if everything goes as planned.

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
Man that sounds good. It sounds almost like open headers or no mufflers at least.

Got mine running also. Only got to put 15 miles on it though. Back to the storage unit she went. :crying:

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
I actually fired it up Friday afternoon and could only let it run for a few minutes do to another engagement. Saturday was an all day event just getting everything back on the car and cleaning up the shop I was using. It was a great feeling not having to tow the car to the storage unit. It felt like a huge monkey was off my back driving that short 10 minutes.

I would have liked to have had more time and to have got the AEM and fuel system installed but what you gonna do.

I put my video up on my thread also.

How is yours running so far? Have you been able to get some miles on it?

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
well im at 130ish miles now. it runs strong but yesterday i did see some fresh oil spots on my driveway and it does smoke a little when getting into power. seems like blowby so maybe rings are seated yet? which i would assume they should be.

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
Are you using just the factory PCV for crank pressure? Or are you running valve cover breathers? Blowby and ring seat is the reason I am plumbing in an electric evap pump to pull vacuum and promote ring seat.

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
Will you have enough miles on it come time to dyno on the 8th?

I also was curious how you did the mounting tabs for the crossmember on the 6spd. Mine were bolted to the subframe connectors but the trans and crossmember sat too low. I eventually just made an all tubular crossmember that made up the height difference and gave me tons more exhaust clearance.

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
i ended up cutting the lower tabs off of the crossmember to be able to fit the frame connectors.

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
scan0001.jpg

Car ran flawlessly up till 5200 where the fuel system could not support this setup no more. so this thing will not see 7000rpm or full 16-18lbs of boost till next year unfortunately. but it did put down great numbers for 13lbs at only 5200rpm

OP
OP

94IVGT

Reaction score
i am thinking of the aeromotive stealth fuel system, maybe other options. havent really looked into what options ive got yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online