95 347 in progress :)

eesjunin

Reaction score
Hi all!
wanted to say hello and introduce the new kid to the forum.
Long time car enthusiast and several head turning projects under the belt - from the original 95 GT convertable...to 2002 Mercedes C320 ( Rieger), to 2009 Maxima ( 4dGTR :)) ...to the newest addition to the family of 95 GT coupe.
Its a project ...
Here are some pics of the rides mentioned above and the GT project.
So far the Gt is in pieces and not a bolt will get untouched.
I am checking/redoing all the wiring...replacing parts etc...
The goal is a 347 stroker hoepfully pushing 450-475 :)
AFR Z heads...Scat stroker kit..Callahan complete braking system...new 373's...Koni suspension
Not decided on the intake just yet as the engine work isnt on the radar till spring 2015.
For now, the suspension/k-member/rear end completed...going through wire harneses...and underbody to be sandblasted and painted.
More progress to follow :)

OP
OP
eesjunin

eesjunin

Reaction score
IMG_2459_zps250abc91.jpg

2011-08-15_17-12-41_478.jpg

IMG_2325_zps3ad01f60.jpg

OP
OP
eesjunin

eesjunin

Reaction score
yeah...been picking at it here and there....just getting ready fro the engine to be done

SCHNAKE

Reaction score
The goal is a 347 stroker hoepfully pushing 450-475 :)

Are you looking for this kind of HP to the wheels? naturally aspirated?

I have a 347 in my 94 Cobra putting down 348 hp and 382 ft lbs. at the wheels. My upper and lower intakes are stock but extrude honed. I know if I went aftermarket I could make more power but not what your looking to get.
Andrew

OP
OP
eesjunin

eesjunin

Reaction score
Fuel tank is out...new tank and 255lph pump is on order... rotisserie coming next weekend! time to flip this baby belly up and do some undercarriage work :)

OP
OP
eesjunin

eesjunin

Reaction score
^ Thank you!
And she is mounted :)
Approaching a half point...just waiting on to disconnect the AC lines and yank that air box + remainder of the wiring out.
Spin her sideways and take care of that undercarriage.
On the undercarriage question: what to use? My buddy who restores cars said Rustoleum undercarriage spray would work well...
Any other suggestions? thanks!
20140925_125138_zpsaf5cae8b.jpg

20140928_172347_zps3fdccc4f.jpg

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I've heard of a lot of people using POR 15, but I am not sure who makes it or where to get it. Anything designed to protect the undercarriage should be ok. Even spray on/roll on bedliner will work well.

OP
OP
eesjunin

eesjunin

Reaction score
Thank you David!
Bedliner is something my buddy said to stay away from....so probably not going that route.
I was going to spray SEM, but he said that it will clog up the spray gun on too many instances in between...thats why he recommended to get a case ( $20), of Rustoleum and runt hat way...cheaper and less hassle.
Just wanted to see what people that have dont these cars did before...and opinions...

OP
OP
eesjunin

eesjunin

Reaction score
So now that i have it sideways :)
i pressure washed it, will need to degrease it since pressure wshing it with degreaser attachement didnt do a 100%...but what i founf out is that this car never had an undercoating...just paint...which made me go and search...and what i have realized is that undeercoating isnt highly recommended due to trapping moisture...so regroup...will need to scuff it up+ Rust inhibitor ( spots that show rust)+ SEM rust shield...then i am thinking a coat of undercoating for sound barrier
Am i Crazy to do the undercoating the floor of the car on the inside too? i've read that people have done that...thoughts?

Here are some visuals to please the eye :)
20140930_160617_zpse4d231fd.jpg

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at this...this is what i am building and following part for part
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Super interested in your end power/torque results; I have always felt that those magazines/article sites get paid to put on a show by the supplier of the products, and often wondered how realistic the end results are, or if they are in fact only really reproducible in a "lab." So curious to see what you get, compared to what the article says you should, particularly if you are going in part-for-part.

(Disclaimer: I am not bashing any one or any part. The parts, I'm sure, are all good parts).

OP
OP
eesjunin

eesjunin

Reaction score
I have never heard anything bad about using POR 15. It is probably worth looking into.

https://www.por15.com/mobile/home.asp
Thank you ! I will check it out!

Super interested in your end power/torque results; I have always felt that those magazines/article sites get paid to put on a show by the supplier of the products, and often wondered how realistic the end results are, or if they are in fact only really reproducible in a "lab." So curious to see what you get, compared to what the article says you should, particularly if you are going in part-for-part.

(Disclaimer: I am not bashing any one or any part. The parts, I'm sure, are all good parts).

My engine builder, is a very known man in the Pantera world...he builds 351's not only for himself but also for races in Europe and has people send in their Panteras for custom/rebuild.
The guy is so anal about things he does that he looked at my Stroker kit balancing numbers ( 4.3 grams) and laughed. He then showed me the book of all the engines he has done and the final balancing...none were over 0.5g
With that said, he looked at what i have and saifd thats pretty much accomplishable...
The only "better" additiona he would add would be a Self Learning Fuel system....but thats like $7K...not immediate investment for just yet :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online