95 GT on 3 performance turbo build

thorco3

Reaction score
alex302 said:
i have a set of trick flow heads and they are great right out of the box, i made 300hp before the turbo kit with them..

yeah I don't think I've ever really heard anything bad about trick flow, I'm sure they are excellent heads. I think I'm pretty much set on AFR's though once I start doing more motor mods.

ba#97

Reaction score
you didn't have to do any front suspension mods to the car for this to fit? i have a 95 cobra that i want to put this kit on sooner or later.

ba#97

Reaction score
awesome. keep us updated. i really am considering this kit do you think it is worth it?

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
It depends what you are building the car for I had lots of little issues and there is a ton of under hood heat and lots of parts that can give you problems, now I understand why there are so many supercharged mustangs out there because it is much easier. But I think it is worth it for the money.

94cobra94

Reaction score
hey alex i am puttin this kit on my 94 cobra now almost done just having a problem with the catback connector kit and was wondering if you were running their pipe on your car... seems like my downpipe should make pipe run straight aong frame to make between hump it trans cross but when thats straight it kicks my cayback way to passenger side... just seeing how yours went on if your using it

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
I had lots of problems with that y kit as well, I had to take to a exhaust shop and modify it heavily. I still dont like the way it ended up the down pipe is very low right before the trans cross member. I'm going to redo the whole exhaust later.

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
At 7 psi 404hp 432tq. With a bad exhaust leak before the turbo.

ba#97

Reaction score
i haven't looked at any superchargers just yet. just kind of interested in this idea....the car i would be putting it on is my 95 cobra which is my street car. i just use it for autox and track days. (not drag) so idk....just scheming right now but i do think it is a sweet setup. not too many turbo'd mustangs out there.

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
That was my reason as well that it was something different. My car is a daily driver and it is very fun to driver I'm still dialing it in but every projects has it pros and cons.

Sledgehammer

Reaction score
alex302 said:
alex302 said:

Sounds like you have some room to grow that setup... I looked very heavily at a turbo setup for my 95 and decided to go with a Vortech setup. Love the sound of a turbo 5.0 however. You tune her right and run 10psi and she will run like a scalded ape.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
yeah.. he as some good potential... he should be able to keep up with me :) lol j/k its all in the tune man!! what do your timing and fuel tables look like...especially for 400 on 7 psi you had to be running quite a bit of timing..

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
I am running a motes chip that was tuned and burned by my tuner he has the software, so I really Don't know what my maps look like. In the future I want to get a mega squirt 2 for a better tune. Only run 7 to 8 psi cause I'm not sure the stock bottom end will hold much more.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Damn nice numbers, Have me scared to run 10psi on my stock long block now. I don't want to be pulling the heads anytime soon, i know the bottom end will hang in there. But hell Forcefed's running 12psi on a stock long block with no issues right?

94cobra94

Reaction score
yA i cant figure out the y pipe and on 3 didnt want to help me so im gonna have my tuner finish it off... my car is going to the tuner on saturday im going to run seven lbs on my stock longblock and see where that gets me...i made 230rwhp na so im shootin for a safe 330-350 which i see no problem why i wont make that but will let you guys know once shes tuned

OP
OP
alex302

alex302

Reaction score
yea you should not have any problems getting those numbers. my car NA ran 295hp on a stock computer and stock injectors with no tune.i am running 7-8 psi cause my tuner said that the stock bottom ends are good for about 500-550 hp so i did not want to push it. this car is my daily driver. good luck, let us know how it goes..

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
yeah i love my megasuirt!!! good shizzz... and it pays off real wel to pay for the tuner studio MS ve analyzer.. 40 bones and it does get you a great base tune!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fl510

Members online