'95 Mustang GT "Build"

1Broderick

Reaction score
I guess I'll give a mini intro:

So my name is Broderick, I'm 17 (as of yesterday) and I own a Rio Red '95 GT (5-Speed). I've always been into Mustangs and cars in general. I've never really liked the 94-98 body style, the new edge has always been my favorite. I started an Instagram page called [MENTION=10983]TheCobra[/MENTION]Clan (check it out if you own a Cobra). So being pretty active I on Instagram I saw SN95Forums often. After I sold my '02 GT I joined this forum because it seemed to have a lot of good info. So far I freaking love it! Seeing all these builds like "ttocs", "ferocious", "alex302", and others, has really changed my mind about the SN95!

The Car:

- Rio Red 1995 Mustang GT - 5-Speed
- 16X,XXX Miles
- Basically Stock (expect: Intake, MSD Ignition, crap exhaust, and a very mild unknown cam)

My first car was an Automatic '02 Mustang GT (Lowered, Wheels, Intake, and Flowmasters). The car ended up spending most of it's time in the shop because it seemed to leak oil from almost everywhere. Then...I was driving one night and pulled into a gas station and hit the curb...set off the airbags (which didn't even work properly). So after that I said "screw it" and sold it. A couple months later I bought the '95. It's way more fun to drive (5-speed ftw), I never liked the appearance though. Looking at all these builds has shown me I can change that!

"Plans":

Being a 17 year old college student and lacking a ton of money, I won't be able to do anything too crazy or exciting right now. This isn't even a proper build lol. I also don't have a garage or anything like that to work with. Basically I'm just warning you, don't get your hopes up for anything amazing. I'll mainly focus on appearance things (for now) because I've never worked with engines or anything and I don't have a place to tinker yet. So here goes nothing...

Pics:

The '02 I had
j0n12l8l.jpg

The '95

4oMwv3pl.jpg

NviTBPWl.jpg

xfmE2fcl.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The infamous "red" interior!!!! Haha

You rarely see those interiors and yet I still kinda like em.

Good luck with the build and ask lots of questions. It's what we're here for.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

SN95Whip

Reaction score
Nice Car! Glad to see some other younger guys like myself getting into Sn95's!

95Cobra302

Reaction score
Nice stang! It may not be better than the new edge to you. But keep looking at it and building it. It will grow on you. As for the money, been there done that. Do it yourself and the pride of that is all that matters. Good luck!

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Nice ride! The red interior works on this car.

That is red interiod, looks like a good car to start with good luck

The infamous "red" interior!!!! Haha

You rarely see those interiors and yet I still kinda like em.

Good luck with the build and ask lots of questions. It's what we're here for.

Thanks guys! I'm sure I will have loads of questions haha! I must admit the red interior took some getting used to coming from the tan interior in the last!

Nice Car! Glad to see some other younger guys like myself getting into Sn95's!

Thank you very much!

Nice stang! It may not be better than the new edge to you. But keep looking at it and building it. It will grow on you. As for the money, been there done that. Do it yourself and the pride of that is all that matters. Good luck!

Thanks! To my surprise the body style is slowly but surely growing on me. But yeah haha, I'm just going to do the best I can with what I can afford for now, I'm sure I'll have more opportunity to do more in the future, and whatever I do, I will most certainly be proud!

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
UPDATE:

This past Friday I went to a salvage yard and took the taillights off of a 98 Mustang. I swapped them on Saturday. Still need to get some actual good pics though.

Speaking of good pics, I'm thinking about buying a decent DSLR camera, any of you guys know what I should look for when buying?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I'm just going to do the best I can with what I can afford for now, I'm sure I'll have more opportunity to do more in the future, and whatever I do, I will most certainly be proud![/QUOTE]

This ^
Aint no shame slowly building. I fall into the category of broke myself. Just be sure to post picks while keeping us updated!

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Aint no shame slowly building. I fall into the category of broke myself. Just be sure to post picks while keeping us updated!

Thanks! I will definitely keep things updated as much as possible, even just the little things. I would like to be able to come back a year from now and see the difference haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Update Pics:

Just got home from school, here are a few pics I got a few minutes ago
(I know it's wet and ugly outside, I'll get better pics at a later time)

2ae39c502a3ade71cc603e3e0ae32658.jpg
494bfe8e8e5168864dc938d05340a19c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You hurt your cars feelings by switching to those vertical tail lights. It's crying, I promise you.

Lol but welcome aboard. I started with this when I was also just a wee lad like yourself. Your starting platform is already worlds ahead of mine lol

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
You hurt your cars feelings by switching to those vertical tail lights. It's crying, I promise you.

Lol but welcome aboard. I started with this when I was also just a wee lad like yourself. Your starting platform is already worlds ahead of mine lol

Haha I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention that!

I know most people are religiously against switching a 5.0's horizontals to verticals, but they weren't expensive and I had to give it a try. I'm not really feeling the black trim around the lens. My plan is to clean off the original horizontals and get rid of all the oxidation. (Trust me, it's worse than the pictures show) After that I'll probably tint the lens dark and put them back on.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In case you are not aware, the bezels don't come off on the horizontals, which makes them a paint in the anus. So it's a bit more work to paint, polish, etc. However, I believe that's worth the originality. If I had a 94/95, I would be keeping them

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
In case you are not aware, the bezels don't come off on the horizontals, which makes them a paint in the anus. So it's a bit more work to paint, polish, etc. However, I believe that's worth the originality. If I had a 94/95, I would be keeping them

Oh okay I didn't know that, thanks for the info

I would definitely prefer the 94-95 tails because I hardly ever see them around. I just need to figure out how to restore these suckers. The paint is faded to a pinkish color and doesn't match the car very well (Hard to tell in the pics). My main concern would be one or two of the deep scrapes on them.

Have any idea on how I should repaint them? I don't know much about any of that haha

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Start with a low number grit in the 100-200 range then work your way up. Maybe step up as high as 1k-2k and then prep for paint.

Wet sanding will be best!!!!

Mask it off, paint the trim area. Then if no color sanding is needed clear the whole assembly.

I haven't done it on these specifically but have on other tail lights.

Others that have done these may have better info

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Start with a low number grit in the 100-200 range then work your way up. Maybe step up as high as 1k-2k and then prep for paint.

Wet sanding will be best!!!!

Mask it off, paint the trim area. Then if no color sanding is needed clear the whole assembly.

I haven't done it on these specifically but have on other tail lights.

Others that have done these may have better info

Sounds pretty straight forward! Thanks

Do you have any recommendations on where to get the matching paint from?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, if you are trying to restore the lenses, you can usually wet sand and buff, but you will need to tape off the painted area. If you are looking to restore the whole thing by buffing, then buff away. Prepping for paint you would need to tape off the lense portion, but I would wet sand them with 4-600 and then go up and after the paint is done clear over them so they have a nice hard shell :)

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Yea, if you are trying to restore the lenses, you can usually wet sand and buff, but you will need to tape off the painted area. If you are looking to restore the whole thing by buffing, then buff away. Prepping for paint you would need to tape off the lense portion, but I would wet sand them with 4-600 and then go up and after the paint is done clear over them so they have a nice hard shell :)

Ok thanks for the tips!

Yeah I'm thinking the lenses definitely need to be buffed too. They don't have too many scratches, but a lot of oxidation that's making it look very foggy and dim.

OP
OP
1Broderick

1Broderick

Reaction score
Bad editing, I know, just thinking

Darker Lights and Yellow Fogs?

Current:
8nhKK2hl.jpg

Maybe:
V1UObPJl.jpg

Latest posts