96 cobra

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
nasty for sure, but you can slowly take care of that stuff as you replace things. again, at the boneyard, should be able to find the filter bracket to get a better one.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
My leak was my radiator just put in a sve from lmr. Not running hot or losing coolant . 96 cobra without tsb .

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
My leak was my radiator just put in a sve from lmr. Not running hot or losing coolant . 96 cobra without tsb .

watch that radiator very closely. had 1, it leaked almost immediately...within a few weeks. they replaced it no problem. second one lasted a bit longer before it leaked. refunded my money and I got the new design mishimoto one and so far so good.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I'm going to order the upper & lower radiator hoses for my 96 Cobra today from AM most likely. If I remember correctly there were a couple smaller hoses in the same location as the radiator hoses? I'm sure 1 is for the expansion tank and I guess another for the crossover tube? I'll have to see if AM sells those 2 as well

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I'm going to order the upper & lower radiator hoses for my 96 Cobra today from AM most likely. If I remember correctly there were a couple smaller hoses in the same location as the radiator hoses? I'm sure 1 is for the expansion tank and I guess another for the crossover tube? I'll have to see if AM sells those 2 as well

They have a whole kit

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Sweet, I must've missed it when I was looking. Thankfully I didn't order the hoses yet. Thankyou!

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Actually no, I found a radiator & heater hose kit but I don't think that's what I'm looking for

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I found the kit on Late Model Restoration finally for $140, everywhere else I saw only had the upper & lower hoses. This one has the hoses from the crossover & overflow as well

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I bought a replacement radiator for my gt on ebay for 60 bucks shipped new. Car makes around 400rwhp with a blower and runs cool as can be. Just a thought :)

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
My car runs cool, I'm only getting a hose kit cuz I have a leak and all the hoses look pretty old. Like everything else on the car that im slowly replacing lol... which leads me to a Craigslist ad I responded to for brand new upper & lower rear control arms from CJ Pony parts for $85. I get to the guys house, check everything out and told me Merry Christmas & wouldn't take any money from me. He was just happy to get rid of them, and I got 2 sets of new Energy Suspension front lower control arm bushings for $20

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Help please! I broke my e-brake cable. It was always difficult to pull and didn't seem to engage fully unless I pulled hard a couple extra notches and it's too close to my driver side. The rubber is gone in the console from it rubbing. I can see the snapped cable where the handle is. I couldn't find any good info on the net on how to just replace that. Thanks guys!

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I found someone selling a used flowmaster exhaust with 40 series mufflers, which is what I'm looking for but he said he had them on a foxbody then changed the tailpipe hangers to go on a 98. I don't know if I should buy it if it looks correct or just wait till I have the money for a brand new exhaust. Any thoughts?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Sort of depends on the budget. If youre like me, scrounging around for the best deal and situation to feed the car habits, id say go for it.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Yeah that's basically how my budget goes, looking for a good deal. Darn responsibilities lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
So is this exhaust system factory hacked up tailpipe with welded mufflers? Or is it flowmaster tailpipes with altered exhaust hangers?

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
Thankyou! I ordered the brake cable...

No problem.

I found someone selling a used flowmaster exhaust with 40 series mufflers, which is what I'm looking for but he said he had them on a foxbody then changed the tailpipe hangers to go on a 98. I don't know if I should buy it if it looks correct or just wait till I have the money for a brand new exhaust. Any thoughts?

Depends on the condition.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the exhaust
a70c4fedf7e894a9ab3d8ca79e21736e.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads