96 GT Ford Racing / SVO project

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Got it back together and fired it up. It’s amazing that it can sit there and idle without filling the neighborhood with blue smoke.

For those keeping track, in between my last post and now the starter decided to die on my wife’s civic and while changing it I broke the knock sensor by simply disconnecting the wire (still waiting on the new one in the mail). The Honda is officially the most high maintenance vehicle I’ve ever owned.

698311F0-0DC5-4742-8D3D-7321DED68814.jpeg
I really want a COP conversion harness

9E59ED5A-5470-4E6E-9551-3BDB03A4D199.jpeg

It’s running in this pic ^ still smells like an old American car due to the lack of converters but I’m glad to say there is no more smoke

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I’ve fired it up a few times but haven’t gone for a drive yet (mostly due to my ranger with a blown brake line parked behind it; that’s another story). I’m a little worried because I’m having a copious amount of sweet smelling white smoke pouring out of both tail pipes.

I though it was good to go but it isn’t... I really hope it’s not the head gaskets

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
any reason they would have gone bad over this time?

That’s a great point and no, I think my mind jumped to worst case scenario. It may be the RTV on the coolant ports that went bad over winter but I’ll have to dig into it

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I may have over reacted... I let it run after work today (thankful to still be full time). A lot of white smoke came out but it cleared up after about 5 minutes. I’m a little nauseous from standing in the fumes but that might be from the off-road mid pipe.

I will eventually take it out for a longer run but I’m hoping the smoke was from condensation sitting all winter.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Went about 30 miles in it today. I’m pleased to say it runs well and doesn’t produce blue smoke anymore. I was pretty easy on it but hit 5lbs of boost a few times and it moves pretty quick by my standard (which is low). I’m looking forward to driving it this summer and don’t plan to start any new projects that are going to take me months to complete.

next on the list is a new set of wheels eventually. I have a set of 18” cobras in the garage but one tire lost its seal and I’m probably going to stick with 17s because they don’t get chewed up on the rear fenders.

3313BA4D-73D4-4B14-9D26-DCFDD06142B8.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
My mom accidentally broke the glass screen on her Bluetooth double DIN stereo in her Jeep so she ordered a new one and I installed it. I kept the old one before she threw it away and replaced the glass. It works and is now installed in the mustang. Should be a nice upgrade.

3237421D-C7D7-4756-BB25-5BF26BE37CA1.jpeg A046E42C-0CBD-46F8-89F5-1BFF333C0120.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that the car continues to run well. After installing the new radio my boost gauge quit working so I guess I pulled a wire loose during the install. I took some of the dash panels off and will investigate further tomorrow.... either way it runs well and has all the essential parts functioning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online